The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ireti
What you think you've got: a mixture of A* and A with an ungraded in french

Predicted grades: same thing but for some reason my teacher has redicted me an A in FRENCH!? not gonna happen

What you've actually got: considering i revised the day before for some of my subjects hmmmm

How are you feeling about results day? getting ready to move outta the country and start a new life away from people i know

How are you going to open your results? well at my school my parents are ugh gonna get the results online on the night of the 24th so i not exactly gonna be the one opening them

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative) english lit, maths, chemistry, biology

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!) uhh how?

Why are you getting a U in french?? And why are your parents getting your grades before you and before the rest of the country?? I swear that's not allowed because they're your grades so you get to decide whether you want to show them or not?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What you think you've got:
Best case: my predicted grades
Worst case: 7A*s 4As 1B

Predicted grades:
A*s in maths, both English, 3 sciences, computer science, history, religious studies, French, Spanish, and A^ in further maths

What you've actually got:
Remains to be seen!
How are you feeling about results day?
Apprehensive

How are you going to open your results?
Probably in a corner on my own in school :tongue:

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
Maths, chemistry, physics, biology and Spanish

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
Absolutely not!!
just realised fsmq results come out on a level results day.. might try and go into school to get them, if they're posted home i'll have to deal with my parents' disappointment
if i get a U or something i'll burn it and pretend it didn't happen
Original post by nisha.sri
Ah I'm so nervous !!

Me too omg:smile:

Spoiler

25 days to go.
Grade boundaries are usually released the day before results right?

Also when they're released are is the UMS calculator (on the AQA website) updated to match?
Man, I can't stop thinking about results day!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fluffpuffle
Grade boundaries are usually released the day before results right?

Also when they're released are is the UMS calculator (on the AQA website) updated to match?

Yeah, they are. Although, I don't know if I'll want to know! In all fairness, it'll probably be all over social media, so won't be able to avoid it anyhow. Oh well. Regarding your second question, I'm not too sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sahra30013
Man, I can't stop thinking about results day!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophFlorence
Yeah, they are. Although, I don't know if I'll want to know! In all fairness, it'll probably be all over social media, so won't be able to avoid it anyhow. Oh well. Regarding your second question, I'm not too sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I could say I was one of those people who wouldn't look but one of my CAs is borderline and if the Maths P1 boundary is a bit lower I might have scraped an A so I will not be able to resist:biggrin:
Original post by Fluffpuffle

I wish I could say I was one of those people who wouldn't look but one of my CAs is borderline and if the Maths P1 boundary is a bit lower I might have scraped an A so I will not be able to resist:biggrin:

Haha- indeed. Best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What you think you've got: 4xB 5xC 2xD (**** compared to everyone else but it's complicated)

Predicted grades: Depressingly higher

What you've actually got

how are you feeling about results day?: Doesn't quite feel real yet but starting to get anxious

How are you going to open your results?: On the way walking home from school, on my own

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative): Biology, Psycology and History hopefully

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube?: Hell no
24 days to go.
Original post by GCSEstudentt
Anyone doing english lit at AS? If so would u need revision guides and which one?
I'm doing English lit and when I went to induction day the teacher told me you don't need any specific guides and we will be given the books we are studying for annotation
Time is flying away :colonhash:

23 days fr grade boundaries
24 days for results
Today is the 1st of August - by which point, all scripts for GCSE have (/should) have been marked and results handed in for moderation to Ofqual.

To think that in some office somewhere, on some computer somewhere, in some file somewhere; there are a series of numbers that I would really like to know, a series of numbers which would dispel so much anxiety, a series of numbers that I have to wait another 24 days to find out.
Reply 256
Arg It's so close.
[video="youtube;YkADj0TPrJA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA[/video]

I'm really worried about how far I will have failed my target grades by.
When do they send your results to your school?
Original post by ChickenFillet2.0
Today is the 1st of August - by which point, all scripts for GCSE have (/should) have been marked and results handed in for moderation to Ofqual.

To think that in some office somewhere, on some computer somewhere, in some file somewhere; there are a series of numbers that I would really like to know, a series of numbers which would dispel so much anxiety, a series of numbers that I have to wait another 24 days to find out.

It's not that deep lmao
Original post by sahil19
When do they send your results to your school?

Usually a day before results are released to candidates.

Latest