The Student Room Group

Do Women Still Like to Wait and Stay Virgin !!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Warrior Gene
If you specifically want to know my own personal opinion... its only to get to know eachother that does not include living with them, kissing or hugging them is not included either. I know I am going to be called weird and alien but for me and for many people like me it is sufficient to identify what type of person you are by just conversating with you face to face. of course this only works when you know that other person is not a liar.

Do you happen to be asexual then?

I'd understand no sex, but no physical contact whatsoever? That's definitely not common :/
If you specifically want to know my own personal opinion... its only to get to know eachother that does not include living with them, kissing or hugging them is not included either. I know I am going to be called weird and alien but for me and for many people like me it is sufficient to identify what type of person you are by just conversating with you face to face. of course this only works when you know that other person is not a liar.

It is impossible to get to know someone properly that way. You only truly get to know someone when you live with each other for an elongated period of time. You're just heading for relationship self destruct if you don't
Original post by Caius Filimon
Do you happen to be asexual then?

I'd understand no sex, but no physical contact whatsoever? That's definitely not common :/

No I am a perfectly healthy man.

It is out of respect to the woman. It is kind of difficult to explain when people dont know where you are coming from. Its all to be fair and respectful to everyone and not using anyone for your own gain.

It is out of respect to the woman. It is kind of difficult to explain when people dont know where you are coming from. Its all to be fair and respectful to everyone and not using anyone for your own gain.

I feel i understand your mindset, and its great if it works for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say being asexual is necessarily being unhealthy =P

Well, that's an interesting take on it. What if the lady would rather have some sort of physical stuff going on? Women aren't exactly dolls to be placed on a pedestal and kept there like a collector's item; surely they don't require that sort of 'respect'? Pretty sure that respect for women involves going with what they want or making sure you're not a rebound guy.

Physicality is an immense part of a relationship. Sex itself is also important, which is a bit contradictory to the idea of celibacy, but oh well. Either way, you have to live with the person in at least 50% of the cases to know if you're properly suited to one another as partners.
On one hand, I really want to wait for someone special, someone I am madly in love with.

On the other hand, I'm horny af and would lose it to anyone
Relationships have become very shallow, it's all about sex and looks. I feel like when both partners are virgins and wait for each other they have a very unique bond, they have both resisted their urges for that one person. Many people now would be willing to have sex in the first date. Imo building a emotional relationship with someone and then starting a physical relationship is the secret to strong bonds and a lasting relationship.
Original post by Serine Soul
On one hand, I really want to wait for someone special, someone I am madly in love with.

On the other hand, I'm horny af and would lose it to anyone

Happens to almost everyone. Its not easy staying this way but being fair and respectful is more important.
Original post by Another
And... how does one get married by staying away from relationships?

Other than taking the back seat while mum and dad do all the leg work, of course.
Kepp your scandalous slutty lifestyle to yourself!! Out you slut!!
Reply 29
I don't particularly want to get married so there wasn't anything to wait for.

You probably don't mean it this way but that doesn't necessarily come across as respectful. When you have sex with a woman you're not using them. It's not something you do to them. Both people are active participants.

Yeah that's....

I have friends who refuse any sort of contact with me because of religion. Rather than come across as "respectful", it's usually interpreted as "I don't want to taint my hands with a dirty heathen like you."

For the part in bold, that's the way overly self confident people think. You will never know someone by talking to them in a given timeslot, in the same environment twice a week. I'd love for you to find someone who thinks the same as you, but it's equally likely that you'll end up getting burnt with no easy way out

Original post by Caius Filimon
Pretty sure what was meant to be said is 'interested in relationships without the possibility of the relationships going very far' in the way of not wasting time on shallow relationships with partners only barely compatible but rather wait for an ideal person to even have a more intimate relationship with. Having friendships should obviously still be a possibility? To see if the friendship can evolve into something more if the two are compatible? I don't see what's weird about that

I don't think people have to be married for them to live together? I don't agree with the idea of waiting till marriage (as that's more of a religious thing than anything) but surely abstaining can't be impossible if living with someone? I doubt it's easy, but oh well

I think befriending someone for months or years for the sole purpose of wanting something romantic to happen is weird. Why can't humans just be honest?

There's nothing wrong with people wanting stable long term relationships instead of short flings that will never go anywhere. But I don't think that's what the OP is referring to :P
Original post by Another
Yeah that's....

I have friends who refuse any sort of contact with me because of religion. Rather than come across as "respectful", it's usually interpreted as "I don't want to taint my hands with a dirty heathen like you."

For the part in bold, that's the way overly self confident people think. You will never know someone by talking to them in a given timeslot, in the same environment twice a week. I'd love for you to find someone who thinks the same as you, but it's equally likely that you'll end up getting burnt with no easy way out

I think befriending someone for months or years for the sole purpose of wanting something romantic to happen is weird. Why can't humans just be honest?

There's nothing wrong with people wanting stable long term relationships instead of short flings that will never go anywhere. But I don't think that's what the OP is referring to :P

Yeah, I ultimately learned what he actually wanted to mean in his follow up posts, heh. Too bad.

But yeah, I'm not talking about being dishonest but being open about attraction, etc, but be far more prospective than most people are nowadays. Be physical too, but just not go fully intimate unless both individuals would be 99% confident it would work out for decades to come.
Reply 32
So, look around you mate. Women are just as up for it as men. The concept of being a virgin until marriage, probably never a popular one anyway, is dead. And thankfully the repressive grip of crazy religion is severely on the retreat too.
Wait until marriage (insha'Allah), Muslim Female :smile:
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Relationships have become very shallow, it's all about sex and looks. I feel like when both partners are virgins and wait for each other they have a very unique bond, they have both resisted their urges for that one person. Many people now would be willing to have sex in the first date. Imo building a emotional relationship with someone and then starting a physical relationship is the secret to strong bonds and a lasting relationship.

Exactly.
Happens to almost everyone. Its not easy staying this way but being fair and respectful is more important.

Your mentality comes across as very disrespectful. Like you consider a potential partner a dirty non human almost.

It's an archaic mentality that has no place in today's society as it only serves to degrade women into objects
Had the same feeling, wanted to marry the first Woman I slept with, but after hearing from a female friend that she regrets it even though she loves her husband, I'm straight up looking for a Virgin to sleep with and build a sexual experience as such with them (I'm a guy).

The issue with Virginity is that 99% of the time, one partner isn't a Virgin, so its a false.. Ideology, unless you live in Pakistan and marry at 16 or something..
Original post by Anonymous
Your mentality comes across as very disrespectful. Like you consider a potential partner a dirty non human almost.

It's an archaic mentality that has no place in today's society as it only serves to degrade women into objects

Disrespectful how? PM me if you dont find it comfortable explaining it here.
Disrespectful how? PM me if you dont find it comfortable explaining it here.

Because it comes across as you thinking the other person is dirty and sub human. Does not make people warm to you at all
Original post by Anonymous
Because it comes across as you thinking the other person is dirty and sub human. Does not make people warm to you at all

I dont know what makes you say that. In my opening post I specifically said I am not disrespecting anyone. I probably respect people more than you imagine, anyways I can understand why people may differ in views. But I do not think I wrote anything disrespectful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending