The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
I'm really really REALLY old :wink:

(dogs have to be on a lead at the beach over the summer http://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/AttractionsLeisure/BeachesandWaterfront/BeachGuidelines.aspx and in the gardens all year round - they're really strict about it)

Yeah they definitely will be - my sister has even gone as far as getting a doggy pushchair for one of them :rolleyes:
Original post by emiloujess
Yeah they definitely will be - my sister has even gone as far as getting a doggy pushchair for one of them :rolleyes:

:rofl:
SOAS is in clearing for law
I wonder what grades they will accept though
Original post by xxvine
SOAS is in clearing for law
I wonder what grades they will accept though

phone up and ask

It says here: that the entry requirements on the website are what they're looking for http://www.soas.ac.uk/clearing/#Availableprogrammes
Could TSR stop the countdown on the side please and thank you
Original post by elen90

Why would they do that?
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Why would they do that?

It's giving me heart palpitations.
is the clearing list that's on the guardian the final clearing list? As in will there be no more university courses added on to it after results day?
Original post by elen90

What countdown on the side?

I will be applying for Physics (2017 entry), and some of the universities I am considering (Soton, Exeter, and KCL) are in clearing for this course. I thought these universities were pretty good, but does them being in clearing for this particular course maybe mean they aren't as good as I thought?

Thanks
Reply 1790
Original post by emiloujess
What countdown on the side?

It was on the sidebar but I can't see it anymore.
Original post by Aph
It was on the sidebar but I can't see it anymore.

I've never been able to see it :rolleyes:
Original post by DarkEnergy
I will be applying for Physics (2017 entry), and some of the universities I am considering (Soton, Exeter, and KCL) are in clearing for this course. I thought these universities were pretty good, but does them being in clearing for this particular course maybe mean they aren't as good as I thought?

Thanks

Physics applications nationally have plummeted over the last few years. The only universities that have bucked the decline in demand have been Manchester (brian cox effect), Imperial (mainly international applicants) and oxbridge (because oxbridge - and a lot of mathmos think it'll be easier to get in to physics).

Those universities aren't going to scrap their physics departments so they need to pull in students. A lot of people don't apply to those universities first time round because they have BBB or lower predictions but then get A/B in maths and physics and trade up through clearing. Likewise some applicants change their mind from engineering to physics after applying. There's usually a decent number of applicants in clearing for physics with good grades so it's worthwhile being in the game to find an extra 5-10 students.
Original post by DarkEnergy

Thanks

TL:biggrin:R version of the above: popular != good. Clearing vacancies don't indicate anything about the quality of either the course or the students accepted.
anyone else making plans all day, every day to take your mind off results day? If I do nothing for even 5 minutes panic starts setting in lol
Question: Do any of you know people/are themselves people who aren't checking track before they receive their results? I'm really interested as to what people's reasons are for it.

...Like I personally don't have the self-control to do that so I admire people who are waiting till after their results...track should update an hour before I can even go to my college and it would be internally nagging at me if I knew that I could find out if a uni has taken me and I was simply ignoring it:frown:
Original post by mgill17
Question: Do any of you know people/are themselves people who aren't checking track before they receive their results? I'm really interested as to what people's reasons are for it.

...Like I personally don't have the self-control to do that so I admire people who are waiting till after their results...track should update an hour before I can even go to my college and it would be internally nagging at me if I knew that I could find out if a uni has taken me and I was simply ignoring it:frown:

I don't want to check - I'd rather get my results first.

I'm surprised at people who can actually muster up the courage to check track before they get their grades - I'm very much an 'ignorance is bliss' kind of person... also, if I checked before I got my results and something undesirable appeared, I'd be panicking all the way to school lmao
Original post by chloeabeki
anyone else making plans all day, every day to take your mind off results day? If I do nothing for even 5 minutes panic starts setting in lol

Should be compulsory for all students to be on holiday until results day🙄
Original post by chloeabeki

Same here. :s-smilie: I try to distract myself else I go crazy! :afraid: I just hope the gbs are kind and merciful..else it's gonna be quite harsh! :sad:
Reply 1799
Well, unless things have gone seriously wrong we are reaching the point where grade boundries will now be almost set in stone and some one, somewhere out there knows our grades already. I'm ready for results now. It just can't come fast enough.

Quick Reply

Latest