The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mgill17
Question: Do any of you know people/are themselves people who aren't checking track before they receive their results? I'm really interested as to what people's reasons are for it.

...Like I personally don't have the self-control to do that so I admire people who are waiting till after their results...track should update an hour before I can even go to my college and it would be internally nagging at me if I knew that I could find out if a uni has taken me and I was simply ignoring it:frown:

I'm not checking it (I can get my results at 9am) but I'm logging my mum and boyfriend in to look. Personally, I just want to open paper results for the last time and I'd panic if it said I hadn't got in to my firm about how well I did in my exams. I'll have to leave about 8:15 or 8:30 to get to school for 9am anyway so I can keep busy getting ready and meeting up with people before I get the results.
I'm one of those people who will be refreshing Track until it becomes available, sorry servers!
Can someone explain the UCAS track notification about it being updated on1- 8 ? Does this mean the Uni's may make decision during those period and once available we can see ????
Original post by Altun63
Can someone explain the UCAS track notification about it being updated on1- 8 ? Does this mean the Uni's may make decision during those period and once available we can see ????

unis will not make any decisions which you can visibly view until the 18th if your a CIE or A2 candidate.

they update it for maintenance, updating UCAS adjustment and clearing etc.
Original post by Natalierm2707
unis will not make any decisions which you can visibly view until the 18th if your a CIE or A2 candidate.

they update it for maintenance, updating UCAS adjustment and clearing etc.

Thanks Natalie !I thought it was like that, just wasn't sure.
Original post by Altun63
Thanks Natalie !I thought it was like that, just wasn't sure.

No worries, Its a right pain getting all this UCAS notifications all the time when your so on edge about results. Not long now x
Original post by mgill17
Question: Do any of you know people/are themselves people who aren't checking track before they receive their results? I'm really interested as to what people's reasons are for it.

...Like I personally don't have the self-control to do that so I admire people who are waiting till after their results...track should update an hour before I can even go to my college and it would be internally nagging at me if I knew that I could find out if a uni has taken me and I was simply ignoring it:frown:

I think my Sixth Form put results online at 7:30 so that settles it for me anyway. But even if it wasn't before track was updated I'd still wait, at least if I fail I could hold off the despair for a little while longer 😂
Original post by MMirz
I am so scared about A2 results since uni depends on it. I was thinking wat should I do if I fail can we do resits with the curriculum changing its confusing. Really hope everything works out for me and others here though have to be prepared for the worst as well. 😔

You can retake old spec AS and A2 exams next summer and not all subjects are going to change this year as well so don't worry
No worries, Its a right pain getting all this UCAS notifications all the time when your so on edge about results. Not long now x

Let's just hope the wait is worth it for us all.

Been using TSR to pass time and count down the days as it happens!! 🙄
Original post by fefssdf
Yh it does seem a bit suscpuous as I dunno why someone would join a what's app group with all these random people unless they were to gain something from it so maybe the person who leaked the papers told the others that this was the plan and now the girl is acting as if she was none the wiser ; she should've been revising anyway instead of being on what's app on the day of her exam -_-

It was not the plan
I'm trying to be hopeful but inside I'm scared af :redface:
Original post by somevirtualguy
I think my Sixth Form put results online at 7:30 so that settles it for me anyway. But even if it wasn't before track was updated I'd still wait, at least if I fail I could hold off the despair for a little while longer 😂

Oh wow you're so lucky ; I can't get mine from my school until half 9 fgs
Original post by Ishea16
I'm trying to be hopeful bit inside I'm scared af :redface:

I've become really confident lately that I will get into uni even know I know I could easily miss the grades like idk why I'm being so optimistic ; I have no idea of what I'm gonna do if I don't get in - like I've looked at some clearing places but nothing seems that good -_-
Reply 1813
Original post by fefssdf
You can retake old spec AS and A2 exams next summer and not all subjects are going to change this year as well so don't worry

AS. retake? I was told that AS retakes ended this year (other than for maths)?
Original post by Altun63

That's the Scottish and Access course results coming through.

A levels is after 2pm on the 12th -7:30 on the 18th. Track wont update during that period at all - it will be linked to a snapshot of UCAS systems as at 2pm on the 12th.
(edited 7 years ago)

Does everyone get an email from UCAS on results day saying your application has changed or not ?
Original post by fefssdf
Oh wow you're so lucky ; I can't get mine from my school until half 9 fgs

If it makes you feel better I'll probably stay up until 4 in the morning due to pure nerves, and then fall asleep and wake up at midday anyway...
Original post by fefssdf
Does everyone get an email from UCAS on results day saying your application has changed or not ?

Only the 7/8 of people who have an update. And not at 8am on the dot. The emails go out in batches.
Original post by somevirtualguy
If it makes you feel better I'll probably stay up until 4 in the morning due to pure nerves, and then fall asleep and wake up at midday anyway...

Yep I'm gonna stay on TSR for a long time that night ! So scared ohmy god can't believe it's August this just feels so surreal
Original post by PQ
Only the 7/8 of people who have an update. And not at 8am on the dot. The emails go out in batches.

Oh right ok thanks :smile:

Quick Reply