The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wavefunction
Apparently when he's good, he's very very good, but can go missing on occasion. Yeah, the first 11 looks good, but a couple of injuries in key positions and we're struggling.

Have you signed that Talisca yet? Outrageous fee. I assume you're a Wolves supporter?

Naa seems to have gone on the back burner apparently he turned down our first offer. I agree that signing several very notable players who have proved it at this level is far wiser but we aren't usuallly a club that makes wise decisions.

Original post by trustmeimlying1
agreed. Glad to see a fellow Wolves fan about.

Likewise, was away for the whole of last year but from everything I read I didn't miss much. Appears that this year is going to be a bit of a soap opera of highs and lows again!
Original post by hskjlclcn
Naa seems to have gone on the back burner apparently he turned down our first offer. I agree that signing several very notable players who have proved it at this level is far wiser but we aren't usuallly a club that makes wise decisions.

Likewise, was away for the whole of last year but from everything I read I didn't miss much. Appears that this year is going to be a bit of a soap opera of highs and lows again!
Lel what hights! Ennis for an amazing year!

Well everyone's hype surrounding all the takeover rumours had everyone on a high for a while..
Well everyone's hype surrounding all the takeover rumours had everyone on a high for a while..

That high has slumped low already

I really want Ennis to start against Roherham
Original post by jakesidhu
Just got an Icelandic lad today. I'd like to see Mason, Ennis and the new kid on the block to all get a decent run. A win would be great!
That high has slumped low already

Haha, I've seen calls for Iwelumo already!

Yeah me too, Play him off the Dadi and see how it goes.
Haha, I've seen calls for Iwelumo already!

Yeah me too, Play him off the Dadi and see how it goes.

'Play him off the Dadi'
Wonder how many times I'll hear that this season
'Play him off the Dadi'

Haha hopefully a lot because it'll mean he's doing something right!
'Play him off the Dadi'

Haha hopefully a lot because it'll mean he's doing something right!
Lets keep this Wolves wolfpack going
Original post by sr90
It's a pathetic idea and thank god it's only a one season trial. I think a lot of the clubs who voted for it were hoping that United, Arsenal, Liverpool etc would all take part as that would be a huge boost to their revenue. Would they have voted for it if it was Blackburn, Reading, Norwich reserves? Somehow I doubt it.

Just wait until February when you see Stoke reserves vs Chelsea reserves in front of 20k at Wembley.

I find the idea of getting knocked out not by a PL side but their kiddies to be more than a little insulting.
Right then folks, the football league season offcially starts tomorrow so let's get some predictions in!

Championship:

Winners - Newcastle
Promotion - Norwich
Play-offs - Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, and Brighton.
Relegation - Burton, Villa and Rotherham.

I don't know enough about Leagues one and two to give any meaningful opinions, just hope Millwall go up.
Right then folks, the football league season offcially starts tomorrow so let's get some predictions in!

Championship:

Winners - Newcastle
Promotion - Norwich
Play-offs - Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, and Brighton.
Relegation - Burton, Villa and Rotherham.

I don't know enough about Leagues one and two to give any meaningful opinions, just hope Millwall go up.

Villa to go down??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Villa to go down??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I certainly think they'll struggle. I think I'm right in saying that the squad is more or less the same from last year, with the additions of Elphick and McCormack, and that was the worst team I've seen in the premier league. It wasn't for lack of quality, it was lack of effort and imo the championship will eat you alive if you don't put in 100%. Too many egos in the squad.
For what it's worth here are my stupendously awful predictions.

Championship
Top 2: Newcastle, Brighton
Playoffs: Norwich, Derby, Brentford and Wednesday
Relegated: Barnsley, Burton, Rotherham

League 1
Top 2: Millwall, Southend
Playoffs: Bolton, Peterborough, Bradford, Cov
Relegated: Shrewsbury, Oldham, Swindon, Wimbledon

League 2
Top 3: Plymouth, Carlisle, Pompey
Playoffs: Doncaster, Orient, Crewe, Wycombe
Relegated: Newport, Grimsby
I certainly think they'll struggle. I think I'm right in saying that the squad is more or less the same from last year, with the additions of Elphick and McCormack, and that was the worst team I've seen in the premier league. It wasn't for lack of quality, it was lack of effort and imo the championship will eat you alive if you don't put in 100%. Too many egos in the squad.

Yeah but Di Matteo is a good manager so I don't think they will go down.
For anyone interested, here's my prediction for the Championship:
Winners - Wolves (obviously)
Runners up - Newcastle
Play-offs - Norwich, Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday and Villa
Relegated - Bristol City, Barnsley and Preston
Newcastle's squad is ridiculous. I've got £50 on them beating Reading's total of 106 points.
Yeah but Di Matteo is a good manager so I don't think they will go down.
For anyone interested, here's my prediction for the Championship:
Winners - Wolves (obviously)
Runners up - Newcastle
Play-offs - Norwich, Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday and Villa
Relegated - Bristol City, Barnsley and Preston

Loving the optimism :wink:
With West Brom also now being sold to Chinese investors, China has pretty much taken over West Midlands football :colone:

Yes but the club is now under new ownership and new management, I can't see it to be honest. Though I would of course not be complaining if it happened...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest