The Student Room Group

How to get my boyfriend to forgive me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
Because my stupid hyper idiotic mood influenced my decision. This is the only explanation I have.
If you do, then you should understand why I don't want to leave him.

You know, you don't have any obligation to be in a relationship. That is why you should leave, just be single.

I sincerely doubt you will never cheat again, people who cheat rarely do it just once, especially with the same partner.
Reply 101
Original post by TercioOfParma
You know, you don't have any obligation to be in a relationship. That is why you should leave, just be single.

I sincerely doubt you will never cheat again, people who cheat rarely do it just once, especially with the same partner.

But I want to. I know, I ****ed up. And it wasn't the first time, either. I should've chained myself up to the freaking radiator.
Original post by Ciel.
I can't, I don't want another psychopath in my life, this is the only normal partner I've ever had.

I think he hates me now... He was really angry, at first. He's mostly ignoring me now. But he hasn't kicked me out of the house.... so maybe he doesn't want me to leave?

Right, putting that aside for now, you might have bigger things to worry about soon. Lets say he does kick you out (which you fully deserve btw) do you have a back-up plan
Reply 103
Not really. Death or prostitution are probably my only options lol. It doesn't matter though, all of you are right, I'm just wasting his life I'm never truly happy anymore anyway
Original post by Ciel.
But I want to. I know, I ****ed up. And it wasn't the first time, either. I should've chained myself up to the freaking radiator.

Well, sometimes you have to disregard what you want and do what is the greater thing. The fact you have done it multiple times shows you have no respect for that man, who quite clearly treated you with a good level of respect.

You need to find somebody who you can actually respect enough not to go behind their back on. If this man has any sense or spine, he will dump you, I know I would. I would block you on all social media and never talk to you again after such a grievous insult and betrayal of trust.

You may as well end it quick and never ever do this again.
Original post by Ciel.
Not really. Death or prostitution are probably my only options lol. It doesn't matter though, all of you are right, I'm just wasting his life I'm never truly happy anymore anyway

Death is a bit of hyperbole surely? Do you not have any family/ friends you can stay with temporarily?
Original post by Ciel.
I honestly don't know why I made that stupid thread back then. I just wasn't myself. But yeah, it is the same person of course.

You don't need to explain why you write certain threads because we all have different problems we want advice for and everyone else does the same thing and
I don't think that thread was stupid because that's how you were feeling at the time and you were just writing about something most people feel and just wanted other people's advice/opinion about it so you should not regret any thread you write because other people reading it probably have the same problems/feelings or experience you have had

I remember seeing just the headline but i never read the whole thread because i was busy doing other things but was going to go back to it eventually and my advice would have been the same as i wrote here about bad boys being dick heads because they will always cheat and not have a conscience or any remorse or they are mentally or physically abusive so who would really want someone like that to be in a relationship with ? and it's a great fantasy to think bad boys are exciting but the reality is you would have a terrible relationship and be miserable with them and they would eventually drain all your confidense.

I have seen lots of dating shows on tv and the women saying they prefer bad boys and turning down second dates with men because they were too nice to them, again it's the fantasy in their head where they think those type of men are exciting but they will learn the hard way when those men cheat on them and treat them badly.
If women think men who are too nice to them are boring then they have to think of and plan fun, exciting things to do together.
Reply 107
Well, sometimes you have to disregard what you want and do what is the greater thing. The fact you have done it multiple times shows you have no respect for that man, who quite clearly treated you with a good level of respect.

You need to find somebody who you can actually respect enough not to go behind their back on. If this man has any sense or spine, he will dump you, I know I would. I would block you on all social media and never talk to you again after such a grievous insult and betrayal of trust.

You may as well end it quick and never ever do this again.

He probably will. But I won't leave, unless he kicks me out.

My relationship with my family isn't good. Friends - don't really want to burden them. Plus I've pets, and I don't want to leave them with him (not because he's a bad person or anything, I just love them too much, can't stand being away from them). Thanks for asking though. It's nice of you but don't worry about it.. it's not worth it
Original post by Ciel.

Oh dear. He will hate you even more if you put up any sort of resistance.
Reply 109
Find a shrink, not a boyfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ciel.

My relationship with my family isn't good. Friends - don't really want to burden them. Plus I've pets, and I don't want to leave them with him (not because he's a bad person or anything, I just love them too much, can't stand being away from them). Thanks for asking though. It's nice of you but don't worry about it.. it's not worth it

I would honestly seriously advising either making a back up plan and leaving him for his sake or doing some serious changing. Unless you change and get yourself sorted out in many ways I can't see the future going well for you.
Original post by Ciel.

Omg, what the hell just happened ?
I wrote my second reply then i saw all this after i sent it.
Anyway it does'nt matter that you have done it more than once because i'm not going to have a go at you for it because i know other people do exactly the same thing and at least your honest about it on here.
It's up to your boyfriend how he should handle it but if you know your not capable of being faithful then you should disciuss having an open relationship with him because that is better than cheating on someone else.
If you are relying on him for a place to live that is really dangerous because you could end up on the streets.
Type Seeking Arrangement on google and this will give you some idea of how to make extra money and save up for your own place so you don't have to rely on anyone else and read the stories of other women on it who have joined SA
Reply 112
Original post by Judge Judy
You don't need to explain why you write certain threads because we all have different problems we want advice for and everyone else does the same thing and
I don't think that thread was stupid because that's how you were feeling at the time and you were just writing about something most people feel and just wanted other people's advice/opinion about it so you should not regret any thread you write because other people reading it probably have the same problems/feelings or experience you have had

I remember seeing just the headline but i never read the whole thread because i was busy doing other things but was going to go back to it eventually and my advice would have been the same as i wrote here about bad boys being dick heads because they will always cheat and not have a conscience or any remorse or they are mentally or physically abusive so who would really want someone like that to be in a relationship with ? and it's a great fantasy to think bad boys are exciting but the reality is you would have a terrible relationship and be miserable with them and they would eventually drain all your confidense.

I have seen lots of dating shows on tv and the women saying they prefer bad boys and turning down second dates with men because they were too nice to them, again it's the fantasy in their head where they think those type of men are exciting but they will learn the hard way when those men cheat on them and treat them badly.
If women think men who are too nice to them are boring then they have to think of and plan fun, exciting things to do together.

Thanks <3 And yeah, I agree it never ends well with these types of guys..

Oh dear. He will hate you even more if you put up any sort of resistance.

Oh I didn't mean that literally. I will leave if he asks me to.

Original post by RobML
Find a shrink, not a boyfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't need one. No need to be rude you know.

Spoiler

Reply 113
Original post by Ciel.
I don't need one. No need to be rude you know.

Spoiler

What other advice am I supposed to give you? How else are you going to change yourself for the better? Things like this will just keep happening for you otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
I don't really like to think about my future. I messed up my career and everything. But it's a long story. I can see your point though.
Original post by Judge Judy
Omg, what the hell just happened ?
I wrote my second reply then i saw all this after i sent it.
Anyway it does'nt matter that you have done it more than once because i'm not going to have a go at you for it because i know other people do exactly the same thing and at least your honest about it on here.
It's up to your boyfriend how he should handle it but if you know your not capable of being faithful then you should disciuss having an open relationship with him because that is better than cheating on someone else.
If you are relying on him for a place to live that is really dangerous because you could end up on the streets.
Type Seeking Arrangement on google and this will give you some idea of how to make extra money and save up for your own place so you don't have to rely on anyone else and read the stories of other women on it who have joined SA

I guess I will just wait and see what he says first. I mean, he probably won't kick me out without giving at least me some kind of notice, he's just not that type of person.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 115
Original post by RobML
What other advice am I supposed to give you? How else are you going to change yourself for the better? Things like this will just keep happening for you otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know. Maybe they won't. I hope this was the last time.
Reply 116
Original post by Ciel.
I don't know. Maybe they won't. I hope this was the last time.

For your sake I hope that's right.
But doing such stupid things as a result of mood swings is not part of a healthy mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ciel.
For cheating and spending quite a bit of his money recklessly. What would it take for you to forgive something like that?
I have a hard time trusting anybody who commits an act of dishonesty
Reply 118
Original post by RobML
For your sake I hope that's right.
But doing such stupid things as a result of mood swings is not part of a healthy mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol there's no way it can ever be 100% healthy after all the **** it went through. Again, I know, it's not an excuse, just saying haha

Original post by emobambam
I have a hard time trusting anybody who commits an act of dishonesty

That's........ not good. Thank you, I feel so much better now. Not.
Attachment not found

Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.

That's........ not good. Thank you, I feel so much better now. Not.

This isn't a hugbox. We aren't here to make you feel better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending