The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

So, anyone else waiting for the results of the Situational Judgement Test from GLS today?
Original post by Not Amused
So, anyone else waiting for the results of the Situational Judgement Test from GLS today?

Yep. I'm not holding out much hope though. When I asked them what the pass rate was, they said the raise it depending on the number of applicants. I.e. If they have an obscene number of applicants, they could raise it to anyone who scores 99% and above. Good luck
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3162
Congrats. I'm STILL waiting to hear from them. Inevitable rejection now I guess. Better rest up and start getting ready to do it all again next year :frown:
Well done everyone! Is there anyone on here with a 5KBW or 4KBW offer and is likely to reject it?
Reply 3164

I'm waiting too. Hoping they send out the result quickly, whatever it is! Constant email refreshing is really impacting on my work productivity!
I have spoken to 4 brick court. The person dealing with pupillage correspondence is on holiday from 29th until 15th so it doesn't look like there has been movement on offers. The clerks assured me that all information would be available on the gateway, so to keep an eye on that.

I was told in interview that we would hear by 1st, which is why I was eager to hear back yesterday.
Original post by To_the_Bar
I know that St Johns Buildings have made at least one offer today which has been accepted. Sorry if this is bad news

Do you know which area of law the offer was for? Most importantly, do you mind telling me (if you know) whether the offer was made by phone, email, PG, letter etc?
6PC offers anyone?
Original post by pupilpleaser
6PC offers anyone?

Not here. But I know at least some of the rejections have gone out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Best guppy
Not here. But I know at least some of the rejections have gone out.

from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I know of one other person on reserve. How many are you aware of? I'm beginning to think they haven't actually made their final selection hence the drip feed of rejections. This is torture!
Dere Street? Carmelite?
Reply 3171
Are people receiving offers via telephone and rejections via email for those pupillages outside of the Gateway? Just trying to anticipate by which method I will finall get an answer! #torture
Reply 3172
Original post by Garli6
Are people receiving offers via telephone and rejections via email for those pupillages outside of the Gateway? Just trying to anticipate by which method I will finall get an answer! #torture

There is no fixed rule - all chambers are different. My offer came by phone and I have had post-final round rejections by email and phone (and silence!).
Reply 3173
Original post by Xanyi
There is no fixed rule - all chambers are different. My offer came by phone and I have had post-final round rejections by email and phone (and silence!).

Thanks, I imagine they wouldn't care too much about rejecting people so would just drop me an email soon but like you said, every chamber is different. Guess I'll just keep holding tight and play the waiting game!
[QUOTE=DilatedPupil;66714014]Dere Street? Carmelite?

Sorry to say that I know Carmelite offers have gone out.
Has anyone heard anything from Farringdons? Mine changed yesterday from under consideration to shortlisted. I had interview there last week and recieved an email saying they would lets us know on the 1st or soon after in regards to offers.

thanks,
Original post by Kateellen712
Has anyone heard anything from Farringdons? Mine changed yesterday from under consideration to shortlisted. I had interview there last week and recieved an email saying they would lets us know on the 1st or soon after in regards to offers.

thanks,

Exactly the same. I've assumed it's a rejection.
Reply 3177
GLS verbal reasoning test invites through
Original post by LawMe
GLS verbal reasoning test invites through

Well done - I didn't make it and still can't quite believe it. Good luck in the next round.
Reply 3179
Well done - I didn't make it and still can't quite believe it. Good luck in the next round.

Thank you! It's such a different application process to usual, I had to do lots of practice tests as it just wasn't something I am used to. Good luck for your future/current applications!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending