The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
Niantic employ less than 50 people (and have a bunch of vacancies atm including community manager). No one expected the game to be as huge as it has become- it's no wonder they're struggling to cope with demand as well as bug fixing and comms.

I think most people would accept that. They haven't said that though.

Seriously, a "We're aware of and working on the tracking bug" on their twitter would do. They've literally said nothing, not a word, on any of the issues since the game was released. I've never known a company to close themselves off from its customers like this.

I will wait as long as it takes, the game's great, just tell us what's going on. People are devoting time and money to something that currently isn't working, it's the least they could do. It'd be a shame if people felt forced to give up on the game this early, as it has so much potential to grow beyond what it currently is.
Damn the gyms in London have some really high pokemon..

How many evolutions should I have ready before I use a lucky egg? The evo screen must be around 30 seconds so presume a maximum of 60 (doubt I would get that many either).

Is it a waste if I only had 10? Or should I push for more?
(edited 7 years ago)
The depressing moment when you've only ever hatched two 10km eggs and they've both been Mr. Mime. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
The depressing moment when you've only ever hatched two 10km eggs and they've both been Mr. Mime. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

mine was a fkin pidgey :colonhash:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
mine was a fkin pidgey :colonhash:

I'm so sorry :frown: I think I'd genuinely cry if that happened to me :lol:
Original post by Zerforax
Damn the gyms in London have some really high pokemon..

How many evolutions should I have ready before I use a lucky egg? The evo screen must be around 30 seconds so presume a maximum of 60 (doubt I would get that many either).

Is it a waste if I only had 10? Or should I push for more?

It depends on the evolutions that you're doing, as well as your level. For example, 10 new evolutions would mean 20k exp and at level 10 that would get you 2 levels. However, at level 23 I need 125k per level so I tend to save up so I can get a decent amount of my level done.

Obviously the more that you build up to use, the better exp you'll gain from the egg, but in the end just do whatever you feel is best at the time.
Original post by tomtjl
It depends on the evolutions that you're doing, as well as your level. For example, 10 new evolutions would mean 20k exp and at level 10 that would get you 2 levels. However, at level 23 I need 125k per level so I tend to save up so I can get a decent amount of my level done.

Obviously the more that you build up to use, the better exp you'll gain from the egg, but in the end just do whatever you feel is best at the time.

Good point, I didn't give much info!

Currently at level 7 so will get my first lucky egg at level 9. I've already started trying to hoard pidgey/weedle/caterpie since they only need 12 candies but I'll probably also be able to evolve a few 25 candies required pokemon.

I've got almost 13 evolutions ready (will have by the time I'm level 9). So I guess I'm only going to get 1-1.5 levels out of that..

I think I'll hoard more on the basis of your advice! Better to double up more rather than rushing (which in the longer term would actually mean more work for me).
Just got a Porygon! :biggrin:

Shame I'm only level 8 which means it's CP 320 but still pretty cool for me :colondollar:
Original post by Zerforax
Just got a Porygon! :biggrin:

Shame I'm only level 8 which means it's CP 320 but still pretty cool for me :colondollar:

Where did u catch it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only hatched one so far and am leaving my other one and any future ones for when I'm a higher level.

Kinda got an Eevee in my first 10km egg... Nothing special.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GothicShield
Where did u catch it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Central London. At one point I could see 19 lured pokestops in the distance but there was one near me and it randomly showed up.
Original post by Scienceisgood
Only hatched one so far and am leaving my other one and any future ones for when I'm a higher level. * Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the eggs are set to the level you collected them at (ie if you keep them for higher levels then they hatch at the level you got it at)!

My boyfriend did this and ended up with a 20CP chansey 😂*
Got the following new Pokemon today: Dratini, Growlithe, Lickitung, Mankey and Machop.
Also have enough candies to evolve Horsea, Slowpoke and Psyduck, but I'm going to wait until I get another Tentacool and then evolve them all at once with my lucky egg.
I'm so sorry :frown: I think I'd genuinely cry if that happened to me :lol:

I've still yet to come across a 10km egg. I've seen plenty of 5km + 2km eggs. :bawling: I'm lvl9 btw. wbu? :smile:

Original post by tomtjl

I thought you get 500 xp per evolution so if a lucky egg is used you'll get 1k xp not 2k

Original post by DarkMagic
Got the following new Pokemon today: Dratini, Growlithe, Lickitung, Mankey and Machop.
Also have enough candies to evolve Horsea, Slowpoke and Psyduck, but I'm going to wait until I get another Tentacool and then evolve them all at once with my lucky egg.

So jealous of those 3 pokemons. :frown:

Why you do this to me? @PokemonGO :shakecane:
Reply 1074
They got rid of battery saver mode! :angry:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

I thought you get 500 xp per evolution so if a lucky egg is used you'll get 1k xp not 2k

They said new evolutions. You get 500xp per evolution and another 500xp for registering a new Pokemon. So they're evolving Pokemon into evolutions they have not registered yet so that's 2k xp.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I've still yet to come across a 10km egg. I've seen plenty of 5km + 2km eggs. :bawling: I'm lvl9 btw. wbu? :smile:

That's annoying! :tongue: I've only found those two :tongue: I always seem to get 5km ones! Cool, I'm level 18 :smile:
I presume there isn't a way to ditch lucky eggs? I've been hatching my 2k and trying to hatch my 10k but now I've picked up loads of 5k egg which ideally I'd get rid of for more 2k/10k eggs..
Just won my first battle for #TeamInstinct
@Kholmes1 @george_c00per :party:
Original post by Aula
They got rid of battery saver mode! :angry:

Can't say I'm gonna miss it. Whenever I used it, it froze my screen all the time...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply