The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Devify
They said new evolutions. You get 500xp per evolution and another 500xp for registering a new Pokemon. So they're evolving Pokemon into evolutions they have not registered yet so that's 2k xp.

Ty pal.

Original post by Zerforax
I presume there isn't a way to ditch lucky eggs? I've been hatching my 2k and trying to hatch my 10k but now I've picked up loads of 5k egg which ideally I'd get rid of for more 2k/10k eggs..

Nope, you can't get rid of 5k eggs. I wouldn't get rid of them anyways if I were you, that's where you're going to get most of your strong Pokemon from - note that Nidoran (M/F), Ghastly, Growlithe, Abra and the region exclusive Pokemon all hatch from 5k eggs. Considering Nidoking/queen, Gengar, Arcanine and Alakazam are some of the most powerful Pokemon, those 5k eggs are gonna be very important in those getting those evolutions.
Original post by tomtjl
Ty pal.

Nope, you can't get rid of 5k eggs. I wouldn't get rid of them anyways if I were you, that's where you're going to get most of your strong Pokemon from - note that Nidoran (M/F), Ghastly, Growlithe, Abra and the region exclusive Pokemon all hatch from 5k eggs. Considering Nidoking/queen, Gengar, Arcanine and Alakazam are some of the most powerful Pokemon, those 5k eggs are gonna be very important in those getting those evolutions.

Well I'm currently level 9 and I don't plan to consider a team until I catch up with people around level 20? Just if I hatch 2k eggs then I can get a lot of candies for the common pokemon I plan to evolve with my lucky egg.

Had a google after my post and people seem to think that the strength of the hatched eggs is based on when you collected the egg rather than when you hatch it (so if you collected a 5k egg after a few days but you hatch it at level 20, it will be what level you were when you collected so the CP could still be very low).
Has anyones Pokemon Go reset after updating the app?
Original post by Zerforax
Well I'm currently level 9 and I don't plan to consider a team until I catch up with people around level 20? Just if I hatch 2k eggs then I can get a lot of candies for the common pokemon I plan to evolve with my lucky egg.

Had a google after my post and people seem to think that the strength of the hatched eggs is based on when you collected the egg rather than when you hatch it (so if you collected a 5k egg after a few days but you hatch it at level 20, it will be what level you were when you collected so the CP could still be very low).

Yeah, their CP is based on the level you collected the egg at. While those 2k eggs will give you candy for the common Pokemon, you don't want to be hatching those 5k eggs 11 levels later and getting cp 300 Pokemon :tongue:.
Original post by undercxver
Has anyones Pokemon Go reset after updating the app?

Seen it happen to a few people. Double check that it's not logging you into a second google account that you might have. I know one person who had to start from scratch though, which sucks.
There's a Poliwrath on my nearby list right now, but no Pokemon have never spawned within a 300m or so radius of my house. Yesterday a Vulpix was on my nearby for the entire duration of my 3km walk to work. If that's the sort of area i'm supposed to pinpoint these Pokemon in with no tracking system then I stand no freakin' chance.
Quite happy with today's find. =)
Was out walking my dog today and managed to find a hitmonlee. Not particularly high with a cp of only 200 and something but still.

That and just reached level 12 today. Have a 10km egg incubating and all my others are 5km eggs.
Prefer 2km eggs but, hoping of some good ones. Last 5 egg gave me a ponyta. Unfortunately my highest cp pokemon is a pidgeot (648) which I evolved from a 197cp pidgy. =(

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
Quite happy with today's find. =)
Was out walking my dog today and managed to find a hitmonlee. Not particularly high with a cp of only 200 and something but still.

That and just reached level 12 today. Have a 10km egg incubating and all my others are 5km eggs.
Prefer 2km eggs but, hoping of some good ones. Last 5 egg gave me a ponyta. Unfortunately my highest cp pokemon is a pidgeot (648) which I evolved from a 197cp pidgy. =(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't knock the pigeots - put my 814cp pigeot on a gym at 6pm last night - it has only just been sent back to me (although that might also be because this gym is in the middle of the common and not accessible by car and it has been piddling it down since yesterday!)
Does anyone know where to find magnemite, grimer, farfetchd, tauros, porygon, snorlax and abra?

Lol thank uuuuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GothicShield
Does anyone know where to find magnemite, grimer, farfetchd, tauros, porygon, snorlax and abra?

Lol thank uuuuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found my magnemite by a station :dontknow::tongue:
if any1 knows where to find a snorlax
tell me pls :rofl:

Lol thank uuuuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are several websites which show you areas where certain Pokemon can be found but I personally don't use them. I use Pokefind and it comes with a CP calculator as well for any evolutions you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Although personally I don't use the map. I prefer to go by luck and see if I can find anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol thank uuuuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Farfetch'd - Asia. * (or an egg)
Since Pokevision is gone, 'Trackemon.com' is a good alternative :smile:
Original post by tomtjl
Yeah, their CP is based on the level you collected the egg at. While those 2k eggs will give you candy for the common Pokemon, you don't want to be hatching those 5k eggs 11 levels later and getting cp 300 Pokemon :tongue:.

Haha I only have one pokemon with above 300 CP at the moment!

It's really hard to tell which is an old egg and which you have picked up new :frown:
Magnemites are so common where I live. Caught 162
Original post by rayquaza17

:eek2:

I've caught 2 :ninjagirl:
Original post by rayquaza17

May I ask where abouts you live? Which exact area I can find them? Lol not tryna stalk u

Posted from TSR Mobile
May I ask where abouts you live? Which exact area I can find them? Lol not tryna stalk u

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very very very far up north.
Just hatched 2 5km eggs

A pidgey and a ratatta

:indiff:

Quick Reply

Latest