The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RWiz
Any banks that offer SA positions to first year students? Given you've a solid CV and good work experience?

you dont have to intern at a bb bank to develop a desireable skill set, think outside the box
Reply 321
Original post by Table dust
you dont have to intern at a bb bank to develop a desireable skill set, think outside the box

I'm interested in investment banking and most banks offering good SA's within this area are BB's.
(edited 7 years ago)
Credit Suisse is also open. You guys who are waiting before sending in your applications seem to be split between people waiting to finish a internship so they can add to their CV and those it want to take more time on their application.

Also JP does not seem to have a cover letter or am I being a idiot and not seeing it
Original post by creamertnh
Credit Suisse is also open. You guys who are waiting before sending in your applications seem to be split between people waiting to finish a internship so they can add to their CV and those it want to take more time on their application.

Also JP does not seem to have a cover letter or am I being a idiot and not seeing it

There are two classical motivational questions that are mandatory. In addition to that, you can attach optional CL under CV by choosing from drop-down menu.
Original post by RWiz
I'm interested in investment banking and most banks offering good SA's within this area are BB's.

I think you missed the part that he said ''think outside the box'' haha
Can you put an internship that you are currently undertaking down on your cv and apply or do you have to wait until youre finished?
Reply 326
Original post by TheParham
I think you missed the part that he said ''think outside the box'' haha

I didn't miss it I simply do not get it.
Do you know if it's possible to apply to 2 different locations in JPM?
I ****ed up with Credit Suisse. They asked me when I was going to graduate and I put 2017 (I'm applying for masters). Got a message saying you're not eligible to apply and couldn't change it or do anything. Would probably have to contact HR. Should I just say yes to being a penultimate student everywhere?
Reply 329
Does anyone know if JPM is doing a Spring internship this year? It's not on the website..
Original post by vader9280
I ****ed up with Credit Suisse. They asked me when I was going to graduate and I put 2017 (I'm applying for masters). Got a message saying you're not eligible to apply and couldn't change it or do anything. Would probably have to contact HR. Should I just say yes to being a penultimate student everywhere?

Yes
Original post by ay42
Does anyone know if JPM is doing a Spring internship this year? It's not on the website..

You're far too early. They will be opening apps later in the year
Reply 332
Original post by StevenGRogers
You're far too early. They will be opening apps later in the year

I'm talking about the 10 week spring internship, not spring week. Summer and FT are open, so I would assume the Spring internship would be open as well but I guess they're not doing one this year
How important are second/third languages? I've heard different things....
Original post by ay42

Some spring internship are open on their website, same section of their summer ones.
Original post by Kiwith
Some spring internship are open on their website, same section of their summer ones.

Do you know which banks are usually offering spring internships excluding off-cycles starting in the spring?
does anyone know of someone succesfully applying even though they didn't meet a level requirements
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
does anyone know of someone succesfully applying even though they didn't meet a level requirements

A lot of big banks don't have A level requirement .. e.g JPM
Original post by TheParham
A lot of big banks don't have A level requirement .. e.g JPM

what about first year grades
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
what about first year grades

Need to be predicted to get a 2.1 in your degree.. So as long as you got anything 2.1 you be fine, not sure how they would treat a high 2.2!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending