The Student Room Group

I genuinely believe that I am undateable

Scroll to see replies

Can't see your pics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Attachment not found
Original post by Anonymous
Attachment not found

Anonymous can't add attachments. You'll have to add your pic to imgur or something and provide a link.
I tried Tinder, but I don't like the idea of meeting somebody online it feels like I am looking for it too much so I deleted it.

I think I'm so undateable and care so much about it that I made a trhead on TSR about it, but I don't want to try and get a date because I feel like I'll look like I want it too much...

I have to say, I'd probably not want to date someone as hypocritical as you.

It's not your looks (unless you only want to date -really- attractive guys, then it probably is your looks).

Look elsewhere for the problem.
You are stunning, I'm jealous of your long blonde hair! I can see no physical reason why boys would not want to date you, get yourself out there and getting chatting to boys, approach them and make the first move, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a female and 21. Never had a boyfriend and only been on one date. I've only ever been texting one boy in a flirtatious way but he stopped replying. In clubs I never get approached, but everyone around me are getting into relationships and I'm beginning to believe that I'm not good enough for a relationship. I've a great personality I love meeting new people, I'm outgoing and up for a laugh and I also groom myself well and wear good outfits, so yet nothing is coming my way. It just seems everyone on my Facebook are experiencing love etc and I'm just like a loner. :/

You'll probably find loads of people on here who feel like you, including guys.

Awh. You look very sweet and pretty! I can't imagine anyone wouldn't date you because of your looks! :frown:
Original post by TorpidPhil
I think I'm so undateable and care so much about it that I made a trhead on TSR about it, but I don't want to try and get a date because I feel like I'll look like I want it too much...

Well from looking at what I have written I don't think I am on here to look for love, just people to talk to.
Reply 30
You are very feminine with girl next door attractiveness. Your smile is friendly. With some effort on clothes, hair and make up you could turn heads. I think it's stop branding yourself as undatable and play on your strengths (which you have identified) and work on any weaknesses. Perhaps get a more successful mate in the dating stakes to give you some advice. Undoubtedly with a positive strategy you will be successful.

You're being harsh. Leave her alone.

It's not your looks (unless you only want to date -really- attractive guys, then it probably is your looks).

Look elsewhere for the problem.

She didn't say she wants to date the top 5% of attractive guys, so what's your point??
Original post by littlenorthernlass
You're being harsh. Leave her alone.

She didn't say she wants to date the top 5% of attractive guys, so what's your point??

Did she explicitly say she didn't? My apologies if I skimmed over that. Otherwise my point would be to note that she should consider whether she is being too harsh on judging the attractiveness of males...

How am I being harsh though? I'm being honest. If that requires harshness then so be it.

Looks will not stop her getting a date. Won't even make it particularly difficult for her. She's not "damn, that girl's not very attractive :L" so...

It has to be something else and I think emotional capriciousness is potentially key. It is very unattractive.
I'm a female and 21. Never had a boyfriend and only been on one date. I've only ever been texting one boy in a flirtatious way but he stopped replying. In clubs I never get approached, but everyone around me are getting into relationships and I'm beginning to believe that I'm not good enough for a relationship. I've a great personality I love meeting new people, I'm outgoing and up for a laugh and I also groom myself well and wear good outfits, so yet nothing is coming my way. It just seems everyone on my Facebook are experiencing love etc and I'm just like a loner. :/

You really are not.
I do hate it when I see these threads and the OP's start thinking they are not good enough, which is a load of baloney. Ofc you are good enough.

You might want to do a personal audit to check you are making the most of yourself and what you need to work on. You say you have your grooming ok, so the other things are just your conversation, flirting or just general communication and self confidence.

You should also look at where you are looking and how you might come across to potential dates. Too shy, not interested, too aloof?

If you get everything right then just go on as you are and your confidence will attract dates eventually. Dont be afraid of asking someone out yourself or at least be open to just doing things like going for a drink. I have a friend and she accepted all dates in the view it would teach her things. Just be patient and you will get there. My word of warning is to use this time to establish who you are and what your values are, relationships can be great, but you are going to have to kiss a lot of frogs along the way, so dont be afraid to end soemthing if its not right.
http://imgur.com/sIJnD6y

Here's one of me more dressed up for a night out
Reply 35
I notice you have not responded to my questioning whether or not you have ever asked a guy out. If you just expect to be approached, you might wait a while. If you are interested in a guy, make a move. There are simply no grounds for being so pessimistic if you haven't actually tried.
Well it's definitely not your looks.
You are certainly aren't undateable , but i'd lose some weight

Just being honest , i don't mean to offend.
Unlikely. Even the slovenliest of chavs always seem to manage to find someone of equivalent compatibility. Even obese people skag heads and winos can find similar others so it shouldnt be a problem for really anybody on this site. Its just a question of lowering expectations.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I notice you have not responded to my questioning whether or not you have ever asked a guy out. If you just expect to be approached, you might wait a while. If you are interested in a guy, make a move. There are simply no grounds for being so pessimistic if you haven't actually tried.

PRSOM.

If you do not look you shall not find.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending