The Student Room Group

Do you have any scars?

I have 3 scars from when I got burned around at 2 years old.

My first scar on my neck isn't visible to be honest, you can't really see it unless you properly look at my neck lol.

My second scar is on my right boob, it used to be bigger but as I'm growing up its gone smaller. It will always be there though, I'm not too bothered about it as I can cover it up so no one can see it.

My third scar bothers me the most if I'm honest, it's on my right arm just at the top. It's kind of round and oval. I usually hide it by wearing a cardigan etc. I do pull my sleeves up to my elbows as there's no visible scars. Overall, I don't think it's bad as I can cover it up but it does make me insecure.

Thankfully, I got burned on the right side of my face and it was legit "black" burn skin and I'm brown. But when I went to India, for like 3 months in the sun and came back it seemed to "go away" as stupid as that sounds LOL. So today, luckily I have no scars on my face which I am very thankful for.

The doctors did suggest to take skin of my leg for my arm scar. But, my parents didn't go through with it considering my legs would be ruined and my arm scar is easily coverable with a cardigan or whatever.

I don't think my scars are any means extreme and I'm not trying to be dramatic, but it does make me insecure at times I guess.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
By the way, the 3 scars I have are from the same accident.

My Mum was making tea in the pot and since then she's never drank tea from in the pot. She just drinks kettle tea lol.
Got one on my chin area but you can't see it that much. Was at a house party and went to pick up their little dog and it didn't like that and bit me on the face :laugh:
Reply 3
Original post by AndrewSCO
Got one on my chin area but you can't see it that much. Was at a house party and went to pick up their little dog and it didn't like that and bit me on the face :laugh:

I guess that's not too bad.. The only scar that really bothers me is my arm one lol!
I've got a few dotted around! I mainly have chicken pox scars from when I was little, but I've also got scars from various blood tests etc that I've had over the years. I've also got a scar on my wrist from where I burned it after I accidentally brushed it against a hot oven shelf. The most noticeable one I have though is a raised oval scar on my stomach, about half the size of a 5p coin, where I had a skin tag/mole cauterised a few years ago
Both small and barely noticeable unless I point them out. Under my lip and between my knuckles.
do acne scars count
got tons of them :yucky:
and a scar on my knee which u can barely see from falling off my bike onto gravel when I was younger :tongue:

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by Leviathan1741
I've got a few dotted around! I mainly have chicken pox scars from when I was little, but I've also got scars from various blood tests etc that I've had over the years. I've also got a scar on my wrist from where I burned it after I accidentally brushed it against a hot oven shelf. The most noticeable one I have though is a raised oval scar on my stomach, about half the size of a 5p coin, where I had a skin tag/mole cauterised a few years ago

Oh okay, well at least you can hide your stomach I guess :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Both small and barely noticeable unless I point them out. Under my lip and between my knuckles.

That's good :smile:
yes many.
Out of all of them the severe acne scarring on my back is the one i care about the most cos it is horrendously ugly
Two on my forehead, multiple on both my knees including a very obvious one on each and a few on my knuckles.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
do acne scars count
got tons of them :yucky:
and a scar on my knee which u can barely see from falling off my bike onto gravel when I was younger :tongue:

Spoiler

Ahh, I'm sure you're not ugly but I guess scars is what makes us unique. At least you can cover it up :smile:
I've got one on my temple from where I was hit with a hockey ball. I didn't get it stitched, only glued so it hasn't healed very well..I've also got one running from halfway between my chin and my bottom lip, through my lips and up to just below my nose from where I was kicked in the face during a rugby match. The boot also went up through my eyelid splitting that so I have a small scar there but this can't really be seen (bar the missing eye lashes). This has given my face a slight slope and has affected my speech slightly. I used to be self conscious about them when I'd hear kids say "whats wrong with her face" and things like that, but now I see them more as a conversation starter!!
I have a scar on the middle finger of my left hand from when I was 8 years old. I played a wrong note on the violin and one of the nuns chased me up the corridor and grabbed my hand and shut it in the door hinge to teach me a lesson. The top of my finger was hanging off and it got infected. I also have scars on my back from being beaten with a wooden coat hanger by the nuns. I have scars on my upper thighs from other punishments.
Original post by Anonymous
Oh okay, well at least you can hide your stomach I guess :wink:

That is true! It just annoys me though because I know it's there haha :smile:
On my right arm and left knee. Crashed on my bike.
I have a few, yeah.

There's a small one on my arm that I don't really know how I got. It's round and only about 3 mm across. I guess I first noticed it when I was about 18. I assume it was an insect bite that didn't heal up properly.

There's a roughly 1 cm long one on the side of my right ring finger that was cause by wearing a cheap ring for a fancy dress concert thing and clapping for the band too much.

There's one or two small ones on my left knuckles from when I was a drunk fresher and we found some bits of wood that were the sort of size you see people doing martial arts breaking. I decided it was a great idea to see if these would break too. They did, but they broke with sharp bits on them.

There's also one on my leg from an insect bite earlier this year that just didn't heal. I had two other bites from the same (unknown) insect on the same day which fully healed within a month but this one just wouldn't.

I think those are the only ones I know of.
Yep. I just got an pimple scar yesterday :redface:
Reply 18
Yup, across my wrist and above middle of top lip
I have this massive one vertically down my chest from an open heart operation when I was 5.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending