The Student Room Group

A level predictions

Is prediction of A*A*BB in Maths, Accounts , geography and further maths enough to apply to oxford?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ja.19
Is prediction of A*A*BB in Maths, Accounts , geography and further maths enough to apply to oxford?

You should be predicted at least the entry requirements for your subject, not lower.
Original post by ja.19

Not really. You should be predicted at least the minimum entry requirements and your cause isn't helped by the fact that two of your three facilitating subjects are predicted Bs.
Reply 3
Original post by ja.19

Try to convince your teacher to five you an A in one of these subjects that you have a B
Reply 4
Original post by Plagioclase
Not really. You should be predicted at least the minimum entry requirements and your cause isn't helped by the fact that two of your three facilitating subjects are predicted Bs.

Even if I got 7A* 6A in my o levels and I am hoping to get 5 As in my As and giving a total of 6 subjects in A levels
Reply 5
Original post by ja.19
Even if I got 7A* 6A in my o levels and I am hoping to get 5 As in my As and giving a total of 6 subjects in A levels

Unfortunately....
No matter how good your previous achievements have been you have to fulfill the requirements. You have to have at least A*A*AB. As I said try to talk with your teachers!?
Original post by ja.19

Firstly, if you get 5 As at AS, why would you be predicted A*A*BB? Secondly, please don't make the mistake of assuming that universities will be impressed by you taking loads of A Levels and will be more lenient with your grades. They wont. All you need are 3 A Levels, 4 are fine, any more than 4 is pointless.
Reply 7
Original post by Plagioclase
Firstly, if you get 5 As at AS, why would you be predicted A*A*BB? Secondly, please don't make the mistake of assuming that universities will be impressed by you taking loads of A Levels and will be more lenient with your grades. They wont. All you need are 3 A Levels, 4 are fine, any more than 4 is pointless.

What if I apply to LSE. Will I be considered?
Original post by ja.19

Yes as no university can see where you applied to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Yes as no university can see where you applied to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking at the predicted grades that i have, will I be considered at Lse
Original post by ja.19
Looking at the predicted grades that i have, will I be considered at Lse

That depends on the cohort and the admissions decision made
Original post by ja.19

Once again, if you're not predicted the minimum entrance requirements, your chances aren't going to be great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending