The Student Room Group

OCR AS Chemistry New specification grade predictions

As we all know, results day is coming and I'm absolutely bricking it for Chemistry :frown:
Anyone care to share how well they thought they did for both exams?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not too sure how I did but I thought the second paper went better than the first!
depends on the grade boundaries. I hope it's not more than 108 for an A to be on the safe side
Reply 3
Grade boundaries will most likely be that low for an A tbh, I'm just praying I get enough marks for a B grade :colondollar:
Original post by Feisal_2374
Grade boundaries will most likely be that low for an A tbh, I'm just praying I get enough marks for a B grade :colondollar:

How comes you're aiming for a B?
what were both paper out of??? (Total marks)
Original post by jayeshforce1
what were both paper out of??? (Total marks)

Reply 7
Doesn't matter.
Any one else doing OCR Biology and Physics as well?
Original post by Rose.n
I'm not too sure how I did but I thought the second paper went better than the first!

same i felt like the first one was a bit tiring to complete due to all the little multiple choice questions with maths behind them.
Original post by jayeshforce1
Any one else doing OCR Biology and Physics as well?

yeah
Feel free to post your own verdicts.
I have thought of this list for a long time, and wished to post this for the benefit of other users.
Note this is paper 1 only.

OCR BREADTH (OUT OF 70)
A 53
B 46
C 40
D 34
E 28
U 0

ALL THESE ARE BASED ON SKEWS OF GRADE BOUNDARIES OVER PREVIOUS SERIES. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THESE AS CONCRETE.

THEY SHOULD BE LOWER AS TO NEWER SPECIFICATIONS BUT DO NOT CONSULT THIS MATTER UNTIL BOUNDARIES ARE PUBLISHED AFTER THE EXAMS.

Good luck!
Nwmyname.
Original post by nwmyname
I have thought of this list for a long time, and wished to post this for the benefit of other users.

OCR BREADTH (OUT OF 70)
A 53
B 46
C 40
D 34
E 28
U 0

ALL THESE ARE BASED ON SKEWS OF GRADE BOUNDARIES OVER PREVIOUS SERIES. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THESE AS CONCRETE.

THEY SHOULD BE LOWER AS TO NEWER SPECIFICATIONS BUT DO NOT CONSULT THIS MATTER UNTIL BOUNDARIES ARE PUBLISHED AFTER THE EXAMS.

Good luck!
Nwmyname.

what about depth?
Original post by ronnydandam
How comes you're aiming for a B?

I like to aim low so I don't disappoint myself haha

OCR BREADTH (OUT OF 70)
A 52
B 45
C 38
D 33
E 26
U 0

Good luck!
Nwmyname.

My predictions
I am doing the A-level ocr exams next year. How did you guys find the as exams ? Hard? Also how many did you guys do ?
what about depth?

OCR CHEMISTRY DEPTH (OUT OF 70)
A 52
B 45
C 39
D 33
E 27
U 0

I think the last question, the drawing the apparatus, the long marker questions and isomerism will cause people to lose marks (lots of them).

They should be lower, as you should remember that students that have a lower intellect also tend to take these exams, and also that fewer resources were available then in the previous specification, and that it is linear, the content is harder to cover in one attempt, so marks should be lower than the ones I predicted.
OCR CHEMISTRY DEPTH (OUT OF 70)
A 52
B 45
C 39
D 33
E 27
U 0

I think the last question, the drawing the apparatus, the long marker questions and isomerism will cause people to lose marks (lots of them).

They should be lower, as you should remember that students that have a lower intellect also tend to take these exams, and also that fewer resources were available then in the previous specification, and that it is linear, the content is harder to cover in one attempt, so marks should be lower than the ones I predicted.

last year it was 78% for an A, you are predicting 75%, surely it can't be lower, but if it really is as low as you say or even lower then I'll be very happy
Also what do you predict for Bio
Also what do you predict for Bio

I don't study Biology, sorry haha

Quick Reply

Latest