The Student Room Group

How to revise the correct content efficiently for all subjects?

Reply 1
Original post by JackT2000

Hi jack
I would advice using the specification (which can be found online) for each of your subjects as they give you all of the content that you will need to know for the exams.
I would also highly recommend buying CGP books as they are an excellent condensed source of revision notes and key information
Reply 2
Original post by umar39
Hi jack
I would advice using the specification (which can be found online) for each of your subjects as they give you all of the content that you will need to know for the exams.
I would also highly recommend buying CGP books as they are an excellent condensed source of revision notes and key information

Ok thanks Umar.

How can I revise the content from the specification?
Reply 3
Ok thanks Umar.

How can I revise the content from the specification?

The specification should not be the sole source of your revision. It should be used as a guideline rather than a revision source. Again, CGP books are a good way to source out key and extra information for your exams.

In terms of revision there are a wide variety of techniques. Examples include:

using index cards (flash/revision cards)

Pomodoro technique (search it, it's a very interesting method of revision)

Using colours and highlighters to associate colours with themes and key words

There are so many ways to revise. I would strongly advice you to search revision methods online as I'm sure you will find hundreds of resources. If you want any advice for a specific topic (if you are a GCSE student or below) just PM me. I'll be glad to help.
Reply 4
Original post by umar39
The specification should not be the sole source of your revision. It should be used as a guideline rather than a revision source. Again, CGP books are a good way to source out key and extra information for your exams.

In terms of revision there are a wide variety of techniques. Examples include:

using index cards (flash/revision cards)

Pomodoro technique (search it, it's a very interesting method of revision)

Using colours and highlighters to associate colours with themes and key words

There are so many ways to revise. I would strongly advice you to search revision methods online as I'm sure you will find hundreds of resources. If you want any advice for a specific topic (if you are a GCSE student or below) just PM me. I'll be glad to help.

Ok so what can I do physically to revise each topic??

How would I lay this out?
Reply 5
Ok so what can I do physically to revise each topic??

How would I lay this out?

Notes
Title (Subject an Unit eg Biology, B1)
Subtitle (Osmosis)
text
text
text
graph/table
text

keywords (partially permeable membrane/ water transportation)

summary (osmosis is similar to....)

You can also revise by completing past papers.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Man just get a revision guide for each subject memorise the whole book and do past papers.
Reply 7
Original post by Fnt1klo
Man just get a revision guide for each subject memorise the whole book and do past papers.

easier said than done. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by ?Hannah
easier said than done. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe for you.I am comfortable with it.I don't get why people make notes flash cards when you have revision guide you just need to memorise it.
Original post by Fnt1klo
Maybe for you.I am comfortable with it.I don't get why people make notes flash cards when you have revision guide you just need to memorise it.

True but its not as if the revision guide has all relevant information. Also revising from your own notes which you have put into YOUR own wording is sometimes better in terms of memorising and remembering.
Reply 10

Check the specification for all subjects before getting started and ensure you have revision guides (CGP, Collins etc).

1) Make notes that are consise by using your resources. For Maths, you'll have to do a lot of practise on questions.

2) Test your knowledge with past papers/specimen papers. You could also do exam sryle Qs from revision books.

3) Gap Analysis - Going through weaker topics and relearning the content.

If you have any inquires please don't hesitate to PM me, I'll be happy to help. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest