The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by future doctor x
Yes! Two years of hardwork and now one date decides the fate of my medical career . Or even if I will ever have one

Been there done that... I really feel for you but remember those grades arent the be all and end all, there are other routes in if it doesnt work out, resitting is an option and a lot of med school will be more lenient on grades.

Best of luck for results day, know that thousands of people are in the same position and many of us have walked through the other side, if you worked hard enough then you will be rewarded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predicted grades: A*A*A*
Grades needed: A*AA
Actual grades: neither of those lmao
Original post by chloeabeki
Predicted grades: A*A*A*
Grades needed: A*AA
Actual grades: neither of those lmao

Hows it funny?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HassanAftab
Almost every uni is in clearing!
I hope I don't get to choose this tool. Also, can you tell me that if my results are coming on 11th (and you said uni will get it on 13th) so will I get my CAS later (i.e. after 18th)?

Any CIE current or previous student can help me out?

I'm a CIE student! Got sent this email from UCAS:

Information about CIE A and AS levels end of title SpacingcontentAs you have included a pending qualification from Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) at A or AS level on your UCAS application, there are a few things you need to know.CIE A and AS level results are available earlier than other A and AS level results this year they will be available on Thursday 11 August. However, although you will receive your results from your school, the earliest you will receive decisions from universities and colleges in Track is Thursday 18 August. Universities can only discuss their decisions with you before Thursday 18 August if the academic conditions of your offer(s) are based entirely on your CIE A or AS level results. Please be aware that we will be unable to discuss the status of your application with you if you call us before 18 August. If you are waiting for other exam results that are included in the conditions of your offer(s), your chosen university won’t be able to discuss their decision with you until you have these.
Original post by UnknownAnon
Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me tooo
Original post by Fish40

Self deprecating humour is a decent way to cope with the worrying, I think.
Original post by Sacred Ground
More hyped for the Olympics atm :smile:

Trust me, its a good distraction 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread has been the only thing keeping me sane while waiting for the 18th. Being able to read through it and see that others are freaking out just as much as I am is definitely reassuring. We're all in this together!

Although I can't figure out if I want Results Day to be here already, or to never arrive :/
Original post by anotherparadox
This thread has been the only thing keeping me sane while waiting for the 18th. Being able to read through it and see that others are freaking out just as much as I am is definitely reassuring. We're all in this together!

Although I can't figure out if I want Results Day to be here already, or to never arrive :/

I just want it to be over with now before I actually lose myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
I just want it to be over with now before I actually lose myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

I go through phases of feeling like that too. The wait is driving me crazy, but I'm terrified of not getting the results I've worked for. Believe me, there is absolutely a part of me that just wants to know where I stand. This sucks.
Reply 2010
Original post by breakfastbar333
Cool, AS or A2?

I finished A2 last year (I'm at uni now). For maths I did C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and S2. For further maths I did FP1, FP2, DE, M1, M2 and D1.
Original post by SH0405
I finished A2 last year (I'm at uni now). For maths I did C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and S2. For further maths I did FP1, FP2, DE, M1, M2 and D1.

D2? Idk what de is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just hand me my results already!!

Surely I'm not the only one here who can't be bothered waiting and would have taken their results the second they finished their exams if they could?:redface:
Original post by SH0405

Nice, how did your modules go?
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
NOO:frown: I was predicted A*AB but anything could happen. Idk if I'll get anything close to that.

That's my prediction as well but hoping for A*AA with the A* in the other subject lol ; maybe I'm being overly optimistic LMAO
Original post by ozmo19
Just hand me my results already!!

Surely I'm not the only one here who can't be bothered waiting and would have taken their results the second they finished their exams if they could?:redface:

Yep that works be great :biggrin:
Is it just me or did people think that the AQA maths exams were so hard/ strange this year? ( M3 and C3 in particular?) seriously worried about not getting in to uni due to their awful question paper writing skills. Ugh.
Original post by fefssdf
That's my prediction as well but hoping for A*AA with the A* in the other subject lol ; maybe I'm being overly optimistic LMAO

Lol that's what o predicted myself aswell. I was so angry for my psyc teacher for not predicting me an A but now that I've done the exams he probably was right I'll be luck to get even one A:redface:
Original post by emiloujess
Absolutely loved Bournemouth, will definitely be going through Clearing on Results Day! 😊

Irrespective of your results? Have you completely disregarded Cardiff at this point? What grades do you need for Bournemouth?
Original post by Sacred Ground
Irrespective of your results? Have you completely disregarded Cardiff at this point? What grades do you need for Bournemouth?

Basically yeah. I was admittedly quite narrow-minded when I first looked and didn't look at any newer universities nor did I look outside of Wales. Bournemouth was amazing - the course, accommodation (I know for certain which studio I'll be staying in because I'm going with an external company), campus, town - I loved every part of it (you can tell I'm excited haha).

BU have told my mum on the phone that they might be going as low as CCC for the BA Advertising course in Clearing so unless I did catastrophically bad in this year's exams yeah, I'm going :biggrin:

AAAAAAGGGHHH!!

Quick Reply

Latest