The Student Room Group

Studying medicine abroad - Sofia medical university 2016

hey!
just wanted to see who else will be attending Sofia Med school this academic year...wouldn't mind getting to know a few people before I get there :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!! I'm looking to go there too :smile:
Reply 2
hey I am looking to go there too! whats everyone doing about accommodation, please reply!
Reply 3
Original post by abzz11
hey I am looking to go there too! whats everyone doing about accommodation, please reply!

Hi, I haven't looked into it yet but I hear that the university offers accommodation although the local students have priority. Or another option may be to rent an apartment close by :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hemmsli
Hi, I haven't looked into it yet but I hear that the university offers accommodation although the local students have priority. Or another option may be to rent an apartment close by :smile:

oh okay, so when are you planning on travelling?
Reply 5
Original post by mariapatel
hey!
just wanted to see who else will be attending Sofia Med school this academic year...wouldn't mind getting to know a few people before I get there :smile:

Hey :smile: I'm hoping to go there too!
Reply 6
Original post by abzz11

So the accommodation is usually picked once you're there.
Academic year for 1st year starts mid-October. So you'd leave end of September, I guess?
Reply 7
How did you guys apply to the university? Was it through an agency?
Reply 8
Original post by montaza

I have done it via agency. I believe it's the best way
Reply 9
Oh good. Can I ask which agency? I am considering going with Inter Hecs, do you know anything about them?
Reply 10
Original post by montaza
Oh good. Can I ask which agency? I am considering going with Inter Hecs, do you know anything about them?

I'm getting mine done. And I would recommend them :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by montaza

I went through Study Medicine Europe. I would highly recommend them don't know if you've already picked to go with Inter Hecs? Sure it's all the one once you get in :smile:
Original post by Natasha__x
I went through Medical Life Studies - Just made my first payment so still awaiting to go through the application process! What are you doing about accom? The agency I went through gave me an estate agents website in Bulgaria but im not too sure about it

Do all of them charge you for the application? As in charging you just to see if you're applicable to apply? I went on Europe med and they wanted $10. :/
Original post by mercuryman
Do all of them charge you for the application? As in charging you just to see if you're applicable to apply? I went on Europe med and they wanted $10. :/

I'm not sure about all of them... This one wanted an upfront payment so they can do all the translations and legislation stuff... I'm quite sure it is refundable if you do not secure a place though! Have you applied? They mentioned how Sofia Uni would offer a 5 year course (1 year off because ive done a degree) but i dont think im gonna take it as I havent done anatomy since my first year at a biomed level and never done bulgarian or latin (let alone all the other modules in first year lol)!
Reply 14
[QUOTE=Natasha__x;66726490]I went through Medical Life Studies - Just made my first payment so still awaiting to go through the application process! What are you doing about accom? The agency I went through gave me an estate agents website in Bulgaria but im not too sure about it

I'm finished the application process with SME just waiting on them to give me a date to go! They also gave me an estate agent over there but it's v hard to know the area to live in!! Don't want to end up on my own miles out!
Original post by nolo92
I'm finished the application process with SME just waiting on them to give me a date to go! They also gave me an estate agent over there but it's v hard to know the area to live in!! Don't want to end up on my own miles out!

Congratulation on securing a place there! Did you get in for Medicine in Sofia Uni? Yeah that's exactly my hesitation too... When we have no idea on the area or place it's hard to work out what is where! I e-mailed the estate agents they gave me so awaiting a response as I couldn't figure out the flats to rent online! The estate agents they gave me were "Grebul"
Reply 16
[QUOTE=Natasha__x;66728052]Congratulation on securing a place there! Did you get in for Medicine in Sofia Uni? Yeah that's exactly my hesitation too... When we have no idea on the area or place it's hard to work out what is where! I e-mailed the estate agents they gave me so awaiting a response as I couldn't figure out the flats to rent online! The estate agents they gave me were "Grebul"

Yup med in MU Sofia! Well I'm in once I pass the English entrance test that is 😂 Exactly and google maps only tell you so much! The one I was looking at was dresite real estate! Gonna check out Grebul 😊
Original post by nolo92
Yup med in MU Sofia! Well I'm in once I pass the English entrance test that is 😂 Exactly and google maps only tell you so much! The one I was looking at was dresite real estate! Gonna check out Grebul 😊

Haha good luck with the test! You'll be fine. They said I didn't have to do it as long as I had a british passport. Ill look at dresite too and let you know when they reply to my email! It's all so confusing doing it overseas lol!!
Reply 18
Original post by Natasha__x
I went through Medical Life Studies - Just made my first payment so still awaiting to go through the application process! What are you doing about accom? The agency I went through gave me an estate agents website in Bulgaria but im not too sure about it

Did you really started the procedure with the worst of them all? Medical Life Studies is established couple of months ago and its not officially registered. They dont have any agreements. The agency copied the entire content of the website of Study Medicine Europe and took their videos as well!! Definitely cons! Take your money back, before its too late - friendly advice!
Original post by nolo92
I went through Study Medicine Europe. I would highly recommend them don't know if you've already picked to go with Inter Hecs? Sure it's all the one once you get in :smile:

How much does SME charge? and is there a deadline for applying?

Quick Reply

Latest