The Student Room Group

Help meeee

I've been online dating and met this guy who seems right for me and I want to meet him.,
Only I would have to hide this from my mother and therefore I need to wait like a month until I can secretly go
I'm reluctant to open any of his messages, because I think he'll ask me to meet him, and say he's coming to see me in a certain day which I can't do.
What should I do? I really don't want to tell him what she's like
Why do you have to hide it? In the nicest way possible, a month is a long time and it's very unlikely that a guy you've just met is going to wait that long to meet you if you really think you're getting along that well. You'll need to tell him why you want to wait, find a way around it, or let it go. It's not really fair to string him along with neither of you getting anything out of it.
Reply 2
Original post by wickedisgood
Why do you have to hide it? In the nicest way possible, a month is a long time and it's very unlikely that a guy you've just met is going to wait that long to meet you if you really think you're getting along that well. You'll need to tell him why you want to wait, find a way around it, or let it go. It's not really fair to string him along with neither of you getting anything out of it.

Oh sorry but of an error I've been talking to him for like nearly a year lol, and we decided quite recently we'd meet up soon
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Oh sorry but of an error I've been talking to him for like nearly a year lol, and we decided quite recently we'd meet up soon
Oh my mums quite religious you see, so also do you have any recommendations for nice places to meet?
Tell him as it is, because if he is right for you, he will understand. If you are planning to meet him, make sure to do that in a public place and inform at least one of your friends that you will be going to see this guy. Because meeting strangers from the internet could be a dangerous thing.
Reply 5
Original post by cats_and_music
Tell him as it is, because if he is right for you, he will understand. If you are planning to meet him, make sure to do that in a public place and inform at least one of your friends that you will be going to see this guy. Because meeting strangers from the internet could be a dangerous thing.

Oh yeah thanks I know what you mean don't worry I meant in a public place, I just don't know where though preferably in London cause central is too busy
Oh yeah thanks I know what you mean don't worry I meant in a public place, I just don't know where though preferably in London cause central is too busy

Meet in a cafe and have coffee. Please Google safecalls and set one up even if it seems really unnecessary.*
Reply 7
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Right how old is he and how old are you? How far apart do you two love from eachother? Have you seen him on video so are you 100% certain he is who he says he is? Even if you do go see him please don't do it secretly, I can understand you don't want to tell your mum, but at least tell a close friend or a sibling or anyone just so someone knows where you are.
I know you might not want to hear this, but be honest with him, tell him your mum doesn't know about you two, and WHY she wouldn't be happy with you seeing him. Be HONEST with him, if one day you're gonna start a relationship with him, you may as well be honest with him from day 1. If he truly likes you and is a good guy he'll understand and won't pester you to meet up with him and you'll feel like a weight has been taken of your shoulder and won't have to avoid him if you tell him why you can't meet up with him yet.

I'm nineteen and he's twenty three, I've spoken to him on the phone and everything never video cause I don't like it,
But I definately know its him don't worry!
I don't know it's going to sound stupid if I tell him that though about my mum
But that's the thing we need to meet to know if we truly like each other in that way
I'm nineteen and he's twenty three, I've spoken to him on the phone and everything never video cause I don't like it,
But I definately know its him don't worry!
I don't know it's going to sound stupid if I tell him that though about my mum
But that's the thing we need to meet to know if we truly like each other in that way

I know given that you're 19 and no longer a kid to be like well my mum doesn't approve blah blah, but honestly it just shows that she cares enough for you. Like I said if he's a decent person he'll understand and realise there's still this parental apprehension attached to online dating and meeting someone online. Be honest with him, you'll much better about it! Also sorry to press the point again about making sure he is who he says he is, how do you know for certain?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending