The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2320
My WAY TOO EARLY 1st Mock Draft (8-Man). I'd be pretty pleased with this if I got this in ours to be honest but I should have had Kelvin Benjamin over Golden Tate.

R1-5
Julio Jones
ATL-WR

R2-12
Dez Bryant
DAL-WR

R3-21
Doug Martin
TB-RB

R4-28
Demaryius Thomas
DEN-WR

R5-37
C.J. Anderson
DEN-RB

R6-44
T.Y. Hilton
IND-WR

R7-53
Latavius Murray
OAK-RB

R8-60
Golden Tate
DET-WR

R9-69
Drew Brees
NO-QB

R10-76
Jeremy Hill
CIN-RB

R11-85
Delanie Walker
TEN-TE

R12-92
Eli Manning
NYG-QB

R13-101
Los Angeles Rams
DST

R14-108
Dan Bailey
DAL-K

R15-117
New England Patriots
DST
Need to do a bit of reading before I start mocking again. Been snoozing this offseason. Just got my rota for August with Sunday Mondays off so hopefully get to watch some of the Tampa preseason.

Also got my tickets for the game vs the Bears for when we were out in Florida later in the year. Cannot wait.
Original post by ..DT..
Need to do a bit of reading before I start mocking again. Been snoozing this offseason. Just got my rota for August with Sunday Mondays off so hopefully get to watch some of the Tampa preseason.

Also got my tickets for the game vs the Bears for when we were out in Florida later in the year. Cannot wait.

We need to start sorting ours.

This thread or a new thread like last year?

We need to just get a feel for numbers to see what we can do.

Preseason is almost here. Very exciting...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
We need to start sorting ours.

This thread or a new thread like last year?

We need to just get a feel for numbers to see what we can do.

Preseason is almost here. Very exciting...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd rather keep it in a seperate thread, as per last year. Seperate the fantasy trash talk from the real NFL stuff
Original post by ..DT..

We finally made it through the offseason!!! Every sunday now through February will have NFL football. And just over 30 days until the college football season kicks off too. Huzzah.

I'm sure you will like your experience at the Raymond James. Great stadium, palm trees, atmosphere, the cannons....not to mention the weather should be good out there. are you intending to see a college game, by any chance? My coach went to Tampa in 2013 and saw two home games and a college game...UCF I believe. I wish I could go to Denver again, though.
Original post by Wattsy
My WAY TOO EARLY 1st Mock Draft (8-Man). I'd be pretty pleased with this if I got this in ours to be honest but I should have had Kelvin Benjamin over Golden Tate.

R1-5
Julio Jones
ATL-WR

R2-12
Dez Bryant
DAL-WR

R3-21
Doug Martin
TB-RB

R4-28
Demaryius Thomas
DEN-WR

R5-37
C.J. Anderson
DEN-RB

R6-44
T.Y. Hilton
IND-WR

R7-53
Latavius Murray
OAK-RB

R8-60
Golden Tate
DET-WR

R9-69
Drew Brees
NO-QB

R10-76
Jeremy Hill
CIN-RB

R11-85
Delanie Walker
TEN-TE

R12-92
Eli Manning
NYG-QB

R13-101
Los Angeles Rams
DST

R14-108
Dan Bailey
DAL-K

R15-117
New England Patriots
DST

It's such a WR heavy league in fantasy now, to the point where, if you have top pick, you almost certainly have to choose one of Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham and Julio Jones. That said, running backs are still the bread and butter of any fantasy team, and that means you can get good, solid 1100+ scrimmage yards starters late.

That said, some of the players I managed to pick up later, like Steve Smith, (although I very reluctantly dropped him...injury or no injury I expect a full blown blood and guts revenge tour...) Jamaal Charles, Andrew Luck, Eddie Lacy, Kelvin Benjamin...all would have been round 1/2 picks last season. Amazing to see the stock change so quickly in fantasy.

.Screenshot_2016-08-02-00-05-03.png
Original post by jammy4041
I'd rather keep it in a seperate thread, as per last year. Seperate the fantasy trash talk from the real NFL stuff

Who made the league and thread last year? They want to do it again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2327
It was DT's baby last year, up for taking on stewardship again?*
Sorry but counting the HoF game as a "Sunday with football" is a bit like counting someone who accidentally Snapchatted you some nude pics as one of your "sexual partners."

I don't know who's playing and I don't care. Do the Cowboys do it every year? Because it so I care even less.
Reply 2329
It's Colts v Packers in the Backupbowl I think, I am unlikely to be watching.
Original post by Wattsy
It's Colts v Packers in the Backupbowl I think, I am unlikely to be watching.

Is it at least a reasonable hour or will it be the 1am time slot?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2331
Is it at least a reasonable hour or will it be the 1am time slot?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a Primetime game so it's the 1am time slot. Nothing could make me want to stay up for that on a Sunday night.
Original post by Wattsy
It's a Primetime game so it's the 1am time slot. Nothing could make me want to stay up for that on a Sunday night.

I stayed up for 2 1am games last year, a Cowboys one when I didn't have work the next day and the superbowl, also no work the next day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2333
I did Jags v Titans TNF, was in at 10 the next day and most of the playoff games but it's not usually a great idea
League has been reactivated to check nfl.com to reactivate your teams and drop your team names in here and on monday I'll PM anyone who hasnt joined again, if they dont answer within a week we will open those slots up. Aim to draft the sunday before the season starts?
Original post by ..DT..
League has been reactivated to check nfl.com to reactivate your teams and drop your team names in here and on monday I'll PM anyone who hasnt joined again, if they dont answer within a week we will open those slots up. Aim to draft the sunday before the season starts?

Awesome.

Teamname will remain Dez caught it until the catch rule gets better, do forever...

My bro is up for joining and I can personally guarantee his weekly participation. He also has a 5 year old TSR account I can make him use to post crap on this thread about fantasy football.
Another day another court agrees with me. Roger, you can go ahead and be the biggest draconian dictator in the world cos the CBA says so. NFLPA should fire all involved with this piece of **** salvery agreement. But then again NFL players are too myopic and would never fight for their rights.
Awesome.

Teamname will remain Dez caught it until the catch rule gets better, do forever...

My bro is up for joining and I can personally guarantee his weekly participation. He also has a 5 year old TSR account I can make him use to post crap on this thread about fantasy football.

I am here!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2338
I'll be finding a new Jags related name because both the song and the pools are now quite old
My old name isn't topical any more so I have come up with a provisional one.

Quick Reply

Latest