The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MahuduElec
I sat 7 modules this year, I found C3 and FP3 so strange and hard. Very inconsistent with the past papers. That C3 paper might prevent me from going to my firm as I need an a* :frown:

I thought that S1 and S2 were very standard and so found them easy.
I just messed up M2 by not understanding the last q and a few shoddy mistakes.
C4 was more standard, usually tricky, i think i got a solid 70 on that, and I found fp2 to be the usual difficultly (hard).

So really it seems only C3 FP3 and M3 (from what I've heard) were the only ridiculously hard/unusual papers. Still, it hurts knowing they* decided to **** with C3 this year, the unit usually used to pull up C4 for A*'s.

How about you, which units did you this year apart from core and M3? Did you find that all the papers were very strange or just a few?

is that OCR? I found FP2 pretty difficult, am hoping for 80ums but could be high 70's:/ I'm pretty sure I averaged 90+ in D2 and S2
Can you apply to universities that you rejected through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2042
Original post by MahuduElec
D2? Idk what de is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Differential Equations.
Reply 2043
Original post by breakfastbar333
Nice, how did your modules go?

Pretty well. I think my average was just under 90. Got an A* in maths but missed out on it in further maths.
Original post by johnd45
Can you apply to universities that you rejected through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup

Universities don't hold grudges. If anything the fact that they were in your shortlist for applying means you're a better bet than someone who only considers that university on results day
Original post by PQ
Yup

Universities don't hold grudges. If anything the fact that they were in your shortlist for applying means you're a better bet than someone who only considers that university on results day

Ah right, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know if you can reject your insurance and go through clearing if we miss our firm? And can you apply through clearing straight away?
Anyone do Edexcel A2 Biology (units 4 and 5)? How did you find them and what do you think grade boundaries will be?
Original post by sonron202
Does anybody know if you can reject your insurance and go through clearing if we miss our firm? And can you apply through clearing straight away?

You can't reject either your firm or insurance. What you can do is explain that you no longer want the place and ASK them to put you into clearing.

It's better to do this NOW rather than on results day. It takes on average 48 hours after results if you ask on the day (assuming you get through on the phone) and you can't apply in clearing until it is sorted out.

If you know you don't want to go to your insurance then call them up today and explain that. Ask if they need anything in writing to make sure that if your firm reject you you end up straight into clearing without delays on results day.
Are you AS or A2? A2
What subjects are you taking? English Literature, French, Religious Studies
To which university are you hoping to go? Durham
To study which subject? Law
What grades are required for your desired degree? A*AA
What grades are you predicted? A*A*A
How did your exams go? A real mixed bag... some went amazingly, and some were really dodgy :/
How are you feeling about results day? So scared... in the past I took uni offers for granted but now I realise I actually need to fulfil them...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Needed 209 UMS in Edexcel maths

Got

57/75 C3
67/75 C4
49/75 S2

C4 was really easy so high as **** grade boundaries. C3 was standard so I've scraped a B and I hope to **** 49 is a C in S2.

This seems unlikely, Goodbye Med school.
Original post by mariamfz
I'm a CIE ! Got sent this email from UCAS:

Information about CIE A and AS end of title SpacingcontentAs you have included a pending qualification from Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) at A or AS on your UCAS application, there are a few things you need to know.CIE A and AS results are available earlier than other A and AS results this year they will be available on Thursday 11 August. However, although you will receive your results from your school, the earliest you will receive decisions from universities and colleges in Track is Thursday 18 August. Universities can only discuss their decisions with you before Thursday 18 August if the academic conditions of your offer(s) are based entirely on your CIE A or AS results. Please be aware that we will be unable to discuss the status of your application with you if you call us before 18 August. If you are waiting for other exam results that are included in the conditions of your offer(s), your chosen won’t be able to discuss their decision with you until you have these.

So we can call our university and tell them our results? And if we've met our offers will they issue us CAS for visa before the 18th of August?
Original post by HassanAftab
So we can call our university and tell them our results? And if we've met our offers will they issue us CAS for visa before the 18th of August?

They will get your results on the 12th/13th - there's no need to call them.

Whether they'll issue CASs before the 18th will depend on the university. Call them now and ask when they'll be issuing CASs - during the week from the 12th onwards admissions staff will be VERY busy. Don't call them during that week if you can avoid it (and if you do call them call on the Wednesday 17th when they might have some time to speak to you).
Original post by k.russell
despite investing a lot of time in it, I don't think I've been able to do much apart from worry myself lol. I am v scared of my chemistry coursework, don't even need to get it moderated down cos I got 33/40 in chem lololol so probably not gonna get more than 42-5/60 ums for it, which basically leaves me with 18-15 ums to drop over both RPA and EEE for an A*. Have spent the whole summer wishing results day would hurry up but can't believe how quickly it's come around

Ahh don't stress, I'm sure you'll be okay. I really hope you get the A*
How did you find f324 and f325?
Original post by HassanAftab

I think CAS takes 5 working days to be issued by the university so even if it was issued after the 18th then I think you'll not be facing any problem with visa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
I think CAS takes 5 working days to be issued by the university so even if it was issued after the 18th then I think you'll not be facing any problem with visa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okie
It's getting closer and closer now.. :frown:
Dad booked the car service for first thing on results day, so I'll have to contain my emotions for a little longer!! We were aiming to get to school for 9, when they would start giving the AS results out, but now it looks like we'll get there for 9.15 or a bit later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GrandMasti
Anyone do Edexcel A2 Biology (units 4 and 5)? How did you find them and what do you think grade boundaries will be?

Unit 4 was the worst exam I have ever done! I was getting A*'s in the past papers but when it got to the exam I just didn't know what to write 😞. Unit 5 was good though. I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year but probably not by much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Hey! Do you know which med schools accept resits? And any that want AAA but don't require an A in biol? I'm pretty sure I didn't get an A in biol, I've looked at a few so far and found they all want an A in biol unfortunately :frown:

As far as im aware exeter accept resists, but other than that im not to sure, have a look online because they will say.

The one thing I will say is right now dont get caught up in doubting yourself, you will make yourself so much more scared for results day by doing this, best idea is to just ignore the options and see what happens.
Original post by Elle_w
Unit 4 was the worst exam I have ever done! I was getting A*'s in the past papers but when it got to the exam I just didn't know what to write 😞. Unit 5 was good though. I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year but probably not by much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, unit 4 was a hard exam! I found unit 5 alright. I think it was 64 for an A* in unit 4 last year and 61 in unit 5 last year for an A*. Do you think unit 4 and 5 will be lower than those this year?

Quick Reply

Latest