The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by torres657
Thanks mate. Do you also know anything about spring internship in London?

Also interested in the JPM 10-spring internship in London (IBD). They had it this year. Don't know whether to apply FT or hold out for the spring application if it happens to appear
JPM summer in London is only Markets? No IBD?
As a non-English student do you think I have more chances by applying in my country, when possible (JPM for example)?
Reply 383
Original post by Kiwith
As a non-English student do you think I have more chances by applying in my country, when possible (JPM for example)?

Generally yes I would say
Reply 384
Original post by Pedroby
JPM summer in London is only Markets? No IBD?

Open for IBD as well
for goldman application, what is the difference between sales and trading and investing ? when you choose securities division?
Do you know which MS IBD groups are very strong in EMEA and worldwide?
Reply 387
Original post by JWScandic
Also interested in the JPM 10-spring internship in London (IBD). They had it this year. Don't know whether to apply FT or hold out for the spring application if it happens to appear

Same here! Doubt it will open later though. They have a spring internship for Milan listed, but not for London. Let me know if you find any more info
Original post by Maths degree
for goldman application, what is the difference between sales and trading and investing ? when you choose securities division?

http://www.goldmansachs.com/what-we-do/securities/sales-and-trading/index.html

http://www.goldmansachs.com/what-we-do/investing-and-lending/middle-market-financing-and-investing/index.html

Investing includes all the groups within SSG, it is from what I can recollect extremely difficult to get into (much like MBD their private equity platform) so unless you're truly enamored and interested by working in a sort of pseudo hedge fund that mostly does debt, convertibles etc investing then I wouldn't bother.

It's also completely different to what you'd do in S&T.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Goldman application: when entering grade (out of 30 in my case) I can only choose whole numbers, while my GPA is decimal. Logic says that >= .5 the GPA is rounded up, but I'm not 100% sure... does anyone know more?
have people bought any practice test packages? and if so which would you recommend?
Which divisions did you guy choose for Goldman, given that we got 3 choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizzygrant
Which divisions did you guy choose for Goldman, given that we got 3 choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't look at it as if you must choose 3 divisions
how are people preparing? my cv and cover letter are ready to go! whats the next steps of prep
Original post by sreddy17
how are people preparing? my cv and cover letter are ready to go! whats the next steps of prep

If you are happy with your app you could prep for next stages... tests, interviews (phone, video and in person), how you could network, etc etc
Reply 395
Is anyone having PwC phone interview preparation? Can you message me the questions that came up this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396
What is the application process for Actuarial summer internship at PwC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
Don't look at it as if you must choose 3 divisions

I applied for investment management. What are you thinking of doing?
Reply 398
Original post by olly_price
I applied for investment management. What are you thinking of doing?

Did you choose AM or PWM? And do you know why PWM isn't part of GSAM? And if there are other significant differences? (Sorry for the firing of questions)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone give a more in-depth explanation of Corporate Banking vs IBD in JPM? And what exactly does investor services do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending