The Student Room Group

Who is your favourite actor/actress?

This was inspired by a comment made in another thread of mine about the best film for each genre (shameless plug :colone:)

The term actor is referring to female and male, as I wasn't sure whether to use the term 'actress' or not, but that doesn't matter to this discussion!

My personal favourite is Christopher Waltz. I think he is a brilliant actor and has been in some of my favourite films, including Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds :biggrin:

Who is your favourite?

Scroll to see replies

Really like Jake Gyllenhaal these days

Leo, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Chris Pratt,
Reply 2
Original post by AndrewSCO
Really like Jake Gyllenhaal these days

Leo, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Chris Pratt,

I liked him in Source Code, was a really good film!

But I completely agree with your list - Chris Pratt has really propelled himself into stardom recently too :biggrin:
Original post by PugDevil
I liked him in Source Code, was a really good film!

But I completely agree with your list - Chris Pratt has really propelled himself into stardom recently too :biggrin:

I love him in Zodiac, Prisoners and Nightcrawler, not seen Source Code yet (or Southpaw which he was also in).

Lol Chris Pratt and Dwayne Johnson are like the go-to people now. They get linked to about 3 new movies a week :laugh:
Benedict Cumberbatch :love:
David Tennant :love:

Spoiler

Reply 5
Michael sheen-daniel redcliffe
Reply 6
I love him in Zodiac, Prisoners and Nightcrawler, not seen Source Code yet (or Southpaw which he was also in).

Lol Chris Pratt and Dwayne Johnson are like the go-to people now. They get linked to about 3 new movies a week :laugh:

I really wanted to see this, but then it got taken off of Sky Go I think :frown: I just remember the advert and it was him repeating the phrase 'you gotta buy a ticket' or something like that? :lol: Looked really good though!

Yes Dwayne Johnson has come really far too! They're both awesome :ahee:

Original post by CheeseIsVeg

Spoiler

I like Cumberbatch but David Tennant... I have a love-hate relationship with him! I liked him as Kilgrave in Jessica Jones :colondollar:
Many actors/actresses are my favourites.

Three off the top of my head are Liam Neeson, Shia LaBeouf and Zooey Deschanel
Reply 8
Juliette Lewis,Kevin Spacey
Reply 9
Charlize Theron is one of my favourite actresses :bigsmile:
If it is an action film, especially the fast and furious parts, Vin Diesel. If it has to be sophisticated entertainment, it is Leonardo Di Caprio or Tom Hanks. If it is an martial arts film, its Jet Lee, but Jackie Chan, if it is mixed with comedy.*

Spoiler

Lol not yet, but watch out for me in next year's Oscars :wink:

I really wanted to see this, but then it got taken off of Sky Go I think :frown: I just remember the advert and it was him repeating the phrase 'you gotta buy a ticket' or something like that? :lol: Looked really good though!

I like Cumberbatch but David Tennant... I have a love-hate relationship with him! I liked him as Kilgrave in Jessica Jones :colondollar:

You should watch it! One of the few movies I enjoy solely on the actor's performance in it. It's quite a slow burner but Gyllenhaal is fantastic in it.
NICOLAS CAGE

[video="youtube;kOCF0BLf-BM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOCF0BLf-BM[/video]
ScarJo and I think maybe Idris Elba
Reply 14
Original post by Professor Oak
NICOLAS CAGE

For actresses I'll say Alicia Vikander, Zoe Saldana, Brie Larson and Rachael McAdams
Another actors:

When I am thinking about good old time films (80s up to 90s), Meg Ryan and Jack Nicholson are adding to my favorite list.*
(edited 7 years ago)
How can you not like david tennant? :unimpressed:
Charlize theron i agree with u but i also like amy adams and obvs emma watson :smile:

Lol not yet, but watch out for me in next year's Oscars :wink:

You should watch it! One of the few movies I enjoy solely on the actor's performance in it. It's quite a slow burner but Gyllenhaal is fantastic in it.

Can't wait :daydreaming:
Mention that i called this moment in ur thanks speech XD
How can you not like david tennant? :unimpressed:
Charlize theron i agree with u but i also like amy adams and obvs emma watson :smile:

Can't wait :daydreaming:
Mention that i called this moment in ur thanks speech XD

I will do :smile:

Before security quickly tackle me off the stage :biggrin:
I will do :smile:

Before security quickly tackle me off the stage :biggrin:

Fite em Andrew :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending