The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IamJacksContempt
Was the referendum last year? Is it even planned for this? No you absolute reprobate, so please tell me where exactly you're getting "every year" from?

Either way you're still an idiot for sayinh the referendum will last forever. I suggest you get off TSR, do some research and put a top on you skinny runt.

You don't fathom sarcasm....
Original post by IamJacksContempt
What a moronic post which is also incorrect. One referendum doesn't last forever.

You do realise at one point Scotland actually voted against having devolved powers? Now...

Do you really want to begin with a Brexit discussion in a tennis thread?!

guys, that was a joke! don't be so serious. As if the Brexit would influence Murray's potential...
Federer to miss the remainder of the year. :frown:
Original post by Chief Wiggum

I know, I wanna die );Hopefully he'll be in top form in January tho.cant believe he's missing the Olympics. He's gonna have to last another 4 years if he wants a gold in the singles.

Never though Federer's career will come to an end due to injuries.
Original post by The_K1NG
Never though Federer's career will come to an end due to injuries.

What?! did he really retire from Tennis? he has cancelled the trip to Rio, but giving the whole career up at once?*
Original post by Kallisto
What?! did he really retire from Tennis? he has cancelled the trip to Rio, but giving the whole career up at once?*

No he hasn't retired. He is not playing any more events in 2016.
No he hasn't retired. He is not playing any more events in 2016.

Thanks that you have replied so quickly to my question. It is good to know that he goes on. He is still young to retire from Tennis now. *
Thanks that you have replied so quickly to my question. It is good to know that he goes on. He is still young to retire from Tennis now. *

but is he really? IMO he should have retired when he won wimbeldon 2012, would have secured his legacy as GOAT (well at least until now)
Original post by LifeIsFine
but is he really? IMO he should have retired when he won wimbeldon 2012, would have secured his legacy as GOAT (well at least until now)

It is not so easy to retire at the right moment. Legacy as goat? no, don't think so. Whenever he finishes his career off, he would remain as one of the best tennis player in history, even if his glorious time draws to a close.
It is not so easy to retire at the right moment. Legacy as goat? no, don't think so. Whenever he finishes his career off, he would remain as one of the best tennis player in history, even if his glorious time draws to a close.

I agree that it is hard to find the right time and that his time will be seen as glorious when he retires, but Djokovic is catching up to him on the GOAT list, some even say that he is already better than him because of the tough competition. For a guy like fed, still playing, I'm not sure 'one of the best' quite captures his brilliance. I don't think it would have been hard to retire after that 2012 win because he did go 2 whole years without a slam and only then was he starting to look decent after the mono.
(edited 7 years ago)
I agree that it is hard to find the right time and that his time will be seen as glorious when he retires, but Djokovic is catching up to him on the GOAT list, some even say that he is already better than him because of the tough competition. For a guy like fed, still playing, I'm not sure 'one of the best' quite captures his brilliance. I don't think it would have been hard to retire after that 2012 win because he did go 2 whole years without a slam and only then was he starting to look decent after the mono.

It looks like that I am confused. What is a GOAT list anyway? :dontknow: I am not so familar with this term in tennis.
It looks like that I am confused. What is a GOAT list anyway? :dontknow: I am not so familar with this term in tennis.

Oh, GOAT stands for GreatestOfAllTime
Oh, GOAT stands for GreatestOfAllTime

Gosh, and I thought about an animal and thus a devaluation from the beginning. *

At the moment he is the greatest tennis player of all time, but if Djokovic goes on in this form, Federer has found his successor so quickly.
Gosh, and I thought about an animal and thus a devaluation from the beginning. *

At the moment he is the greatest tennis player of all time, but if Djokovic goes on in this form, Federer has found his successor so quickly.

Yeah, I thought it was weird at first too. And yes i agree with you, but at least if he retired in 2012 we would have had to wait longer for a sucessor. Pretty sure sampras could have played on, but he was having some poor results (like fed in 2013, and this year against raonic, thiem, zverev?) and he knew he could no longer be the at the very top of the game.
Yeah, I thought it was weird at first too. And yes i agree with you, but at least if he retired in 2012 we would have had to wait longer for a sucessor. Pretty sure sampras could have played on, but he was having some poor results (like fed in 2013, and this year against raonic, thiem, zverev?) and he knew he could no longer be the at the very top of the game.

Federer is in an age where his potential has to drop at professional level. Give him credits to win a Grand slam or two, but that's it. This tennis era is Djokovic's one, I would say so. Murray may his arch rival for a long time. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Federer is in an age where his potential has to drop at professional level. Give him credits to win a Grand slam or two, but that's it. This tennis era is Djokovic's one, I would say so. Murray may his arch rival for a long time. :smile:

Yeah itll be interesting to see how murray can catch up over the next few years.
Yeah itll be interesting to see how murray can catch up over the next few years.

It is really interesting whether Murray is capable of catching Djokovic up. From Murray's view, the grand slam finals against him got always lost. I can't remember me that Murray has ever won against Djokovic when it matters in those matches, or am I wrong?

Nevertheless that would be my favorite fixture at the olympics in Men's final. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
It is really interesting whether Murray is capable of catching Djokovic up. The grand slam finals against him got lost. I can't remember me that Muray has ever won against Djokovic when it matters in those matches, or am I wrong?*

Nevertheless that would be my favorite fixture at the olympics in Men's final. :smile: *

Yeah i think you're right, only big wins in the finals were ofc wimbeldon and the US.

Its going to be an interesting clash indeed, and murray will find it tough as hes the flag bearer (he might play less than 24 hours later)
Yeah i think you're right, only big wins in the finals were ofc wimbeldon and the US.

Its going to be an interesting clash indeed, and murray will find it tough as hes the flag bearer (he might play less than 24 hours later)

Flag bearer? really? what an honour for this man walking with the British flag into the stadium. And no, don't be afraid: I am not planning to make any remarks to Brexit.

To catch Djokovic up, he has to beat his curse against him in an important final. Otherwise he will always be the second best.*

Quick Reply

Latest