The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
They could get someone like PSV as their pot 1 team with CSKA Moscow and Wolfsburg making up the numbers. You'd have to be a really **** team to not qualify from a group like th- oh wait

Leicester are a pot 1 team. Could potentially get someone like Atletico Madrid as a pot 2 team.
Original post by leinad2012
And yet we will still get further than yours and Lukes team by default :wink:

That's the worst thing though pal - you're in it every year and you're lucky to go past the R16 after nearly getting knocked out in the group stage.

It must be bloody annoying being an Arsenal fan. So much wasted potential...
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Leicester are a pot 1 team. Could potentially get someone like Atletico Madrid as a pot 2 team.

****ing hell i completely forgot they were pot 1 :lol: still seems mental to think they won the league
We need a dangerous winger tbh, the passes he makes are largely through the wing. No more of the CM's playing on the wing nonsense.

Original post by sevchenko
One FA cup after spending how much? Heck we didn't even sign any outfield players until we dropped £5M on elneny in Jan and we still finished above United. Must be embarrassing when a club like Arsenal under penny pinching dinosaur like Wenger have been consistently better than United for the last 3 seasons now despite spending a ton of cash.
But we still won something and you won nothing, also removed the only titles record you exclusively hold in English football. As said before, outside of Arsenal football club there are no value trophies in football just actual trophies. Also no way anyone cares how well financially managed you were in a season where Leicester won the league, they've got you beat for that trophy anyway. Qualifying for the CL is nice, but ultimately history won't even remember Arsenal took part if the usual is anything to go by. The debate was about failing to actually win, rather than just take part, which is something they're suggesting to laugh at United about despite both failing to a greater extent.
Original post by Fizzel
But we still won something and you won nothing, also removed the only titles record you exclusively hold in English football. As said before, outside of Arsenal football club there are no value trophies in football just actual trophies. Also no way anyone cares how well financially managed you were in a season where Leicester won the league, they've got you beat for that trophy anyway. Qualifying for the CL is nice, but ultimately history won't even remember Arsenal took part if the usual is anything to go by. The debate was about failing to actually win, rather than just take part, which is something they're suggesting to laugh at United about despite both failing to a greater extent.

Gonna laugh when Mourinho falls flat on his face the coming season and fails to win the league. Quote me.
Leicester sign Kaputska, its a sign that Mahrez is on the brink of joining us.
Original post by James.Carnell
Leicester sign Kaputska, its a sign that Mahrez is on the brink of joining us.

Or just a sign of a team preparing for the fact they'll be playing at least 6 more games this season and adding to squad depth accordingly...
Or just a sign of a team preparing for the fact they'll be playing at least 6 more games this season and adding to squad depth accordingly...

I will not stop believing, Arsene to pull a big one out of the bag. Draxler or Mahrez.
Tbh if we make the required signings we stand decent chance for the league. 3 new managers at the rest of the big 4 teams who will take time to adjust, the league winners are losing players and won't be able to compete with added games, Spurs gonna spurs and Pool gonna pool.
Obviously we aren't favourites, but every team has glaring holes in still tbh.

One thing is for certain, United won't win the league this year, they probably will next year, but no chance this season.
I will not stop believing, Arsene to pull a big one out of the bag. Draxler or Mahrez.

Ok, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Name one credible source linking us to Mahrez or Draxler...
Ok, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Name one credible source linking us to Mahrez or Draxler...

I know someone inside the club that says that we are in for them. Besides, isn't that part of being an Arsenal fan? Setting ourselves up for disappointment?
[QUOTE=James.Carnell;66736446]I know someone inside the club that says that we are in for them. Besides, isn't that part of being an Arsenal fan? Setting ourselves up for disappointment?

You'll see, we'll be beating the likes of pep and jose this year. Don't underestimate the Arsenal.
Gonna laugh when Mourinho falls flat on his face the coming season and fails to win the league. Quote me.

Except that in his last two managerial appointments, he didn't win the league in his first season (but won it the next).
Original post by shawn_o1
Except that in his last two managerial appointments, he didn't win the league in his first season (but won it the next).

He won't win it in the next season either. Quote me.
If that is a measure of failure he's got a fair few seasons before he's on Wenger's level.
Original post by Fizzel
If that is a measure of failure he's got a fair few seasons before he's on Wenger's level.

Quote me.
Quote me.
Hardly anyone is expecting him to win it in his first season, so its hardly a predication or a measure of failure that a manager won't win a title in their first season. No one is going to remember any of your posts end of the season let alone 2 years from now.
Reply 8819
Mourinho will win the league this year

Latest