The Student Room Group

British Political Parties- Who do you side with?

Scroll to see replies

Green Regional Party 89%
Liberal Democrats 88%
Labour 87%
Plaid Cymru 87%
Scottish Nationals 81%
Sinn Féin 79%
Conservatives 55%
UK Independence 44%
British Nationals 37%
Democratic Unionist 6%

I guess I'm more of a leftie than I previously thought (I have a feeling that one answer I gave about nuclear power possibly skewed my results a bit though)

Funnily enough, supposedly my views line up pretty well with the United Kingdom as a whole - I wonder how that ties in with the fact that the Conservatives and UKIP pulled in 50%+ of the vote in the last GE...
Reply 41
Tory: 84
Lib-dems: 79
UKIP: 79
Labor: 69
Green: 64
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
They've all got at least one fault or another.

Conservatives-out-of-touch, but I guess the best out of the lot
UKIP-racist, stuck in the dark ages
Liberal democrats-not up to much
Labour- we're not in the 50s anymore so nah
Plaid Cymru-party for the Welsh, don't really care
Green-unrealistic policies, meh hippies
British Nationalists-basically UKIP2, but to a more extreme degree

Racist how?
Original post by F.Nietzsche
Racist how?

Are you serious? :colonhash:

They aren't officially racist but they do attract them, not everyone who supports them is.
Original post by JamesN88
They aren't officially racist but they do attract them, not everyone who supports them is.

Yep. Although, it is a bit dodgy when the senior members are outed as racists, for ex. that women from South Thanet or something on some documentary on the BBC, going on about how she wouldn't sit next to a black person for one reason or another.
Yep. Although, it is a bit dodgy when the senior members are outed as racists, for ex. that women from South Thanet or something on some documentary on the BBC, going on about how she wouldn't sit next to a black person for one reason or another.

I can't ****in believe what she said on national TV without even batting an eyelid. The best bit was the other woman with her(a party official I believe) who had "oh ****" plastered all over her face.

I think(and hope) they'll fade away now they've achieved their primary goal.
I can't ****in believe what she said on national TV without even batting an eyelid. The best bit was the other woman with her(a party official I believe) who had "oh ****" plastered all over her face.

Yep, watching it definitely made me cringe, and think, how can she not realise she's speaking total b****cks.
I think(and hope) they'll fade away now they've achieved their primary goal.

One can only hope so.
Reply 49
The Greens are basically Labour's extra luvvy duvvy wing, or at least they were pre-Corbyn. Most of their stances on things are aligned with Labour.

So with Corbyn leading the Labour party they are basically redundant
Original post by Jee1
So with Corbyn leading the Labour party they are basically redundant

I think they're a bit more radical on climate change targets but otherwise yes.

Some supporters were vote swapping at the last election.

http://voteswap.org
(edited 7 years ago)
Lib Dems - 86%
Conservatives - 77%
Green - 69%
Labour - 68%
UKIP - 62%

Bear in mind I'm a former Labour party member and from a city where all the seats are Labour bar 1 (Sheffield)

How is UKIP itself racist? You didn't say individual MPs but UKIP.
UKIP-racist, stuck in the dark ages
How is UKIP itself racist? You didn't say individual MPs but UKIP.

Some of the immigration policies are disconcerting to say the least. But tbh, I assume you're in favour of Donald Trump who I'm also not keen on so...
(edited 7 years ago)
Some of the immigration policies are disconcerting to say the least. But tbh, I assume you're in favour of Donald Trump who I'm also not keep on so...

But how are they racist?
Trump > Clinton
But how are they racist?
Trump > Clinton

Never said I like Hilary. :h:

Plus, I already said some of their policies are f**ked up. Also, while we're on the topic of Trump, building a wall to keep the 'evil' Mexicans out, seriously?!
Reply 56

Plus, I already said some of their policies are f**ked up. Also, while we're on the topic of Trump, building a wall to keep the 'evil' Mexicans out, seriously?!

A border fence/wall/whatever seems a practical and reasonable response to prevalence of illegal immigration. In fact Hillary Clinton "voted numerous times for a border fence" in her own words IIRC (I know you said you don't necessarily like her but the point is it's not just a ludicrous Trump policy) Dunno about making Mexico pay for it though.
Original post by TercioOfParma
There are tons of US politics threads with this quiz linked in them. There is also a UK version too. Please post results in the thread?

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

tfw UKIP member.png

98% Labour
95% Liberal Democrats
37% Conservatives
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
A border fence/wall/whatever seems a practical and reasonable response to prevalence of illegal immigration. In fact Hillary Clinton "voted numerous times for a border fence" in her own words IIRC (I know you said you don't necessarily like her but the point is it's not just a ludicrous Trump policy) Dunno about making Mexico pay for it though.

It's not going to stop immigration. We have a whole ocean that separates us, doesn't stop them from getting in. Also, I find it a bit hypocritical that a country that was basically founded by immigrants, hates them so much. But, that's another tirade for another day. :smile:

I'm going to assume that you can't prove that UKIP is racist. Cool.

I didn't say you did like Hilary. What I meant was that it Trump is better than the other option, Clinton.

I love it when people misquote him. He's talking about illegal immigration, which is a problem in America. Rape is a big issue for people crossing the border, high numbers of it are committed by illegals. He said that he doesn't mind putting a door so that there can be lawful immigration into the country, so clearly it's the illegals that are the issue and not all Mexicans.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-texas-field-offices-remove-more-800-sex-offenders-so-far-year#wcm-survey-target-id

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/12/central-america-migrants-rape_n_5806972.html
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest