The Student Room Group

Proof of residence

Hi,
I am an EU national and already applied for a postgraduate loan.Now, I am a little bit confused about the residence eligibility.

The website says that I need to live in the UK before the start of the academic year (31 August) but I originally planned to move to the UK by the end of September.
So I called the SFE-Team but I got 2 different answers. One staff member told me that I need to be in the UK on the 31 of August and send them my flight ticket and a bank statement with regular activity in UK. The other one told me that they don’t really check it.

Would you mind clarifying this for me please? If I am not living in England by September 1st will I still be eligible? And does SFE really check that?

Thank you very much
Anna
Original post by AH11
Hi,
I am an EU national and already applied for a postgraduate loan.Now, I am a little bit confused about the residence eligibility.

The website says that I need to live in the UK before the start of the academic year (31 August) but I originally planned to move to the UK by the end of September.
So I called the SFE-Team but I got 2 different answers. One staff member told me that I need to be in the UK on the 31 of August and send them my flight ticket and a bank statement with regular activity in UK. The other one told me that they don’t really check it.

Would you mind clarifying this for me please? If I am not living in England by September 1st will I still be eligible? And does SFE really check that?

Thank you very much
Anna

Hi Anna,

You would need to be in England on the first day of the first academic year of your course. If you are not living in England before this date you will not be eligible for the PG loan. We may request evidence of flight details etc to show you have been resident in England.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending