The Student Room Group

Student finance help

Hi Good day my name is mikal boisson and I want to know if I can apply for a student loan if I am a Trinidadian national but have been accepted by a school in England?
Reply 1
Original post by Mikal28
Hi Good day my name is mikal boisson and I want to know if I can apply for a student loan if I am a Trinidadian national but have been accepted by a school in England?

Sorry. But you won't be eligible for a loan from student finance. There are private loan companies providing loans for students but many of them aren't worth the extra cost and hassle. You'll probably have to fund it yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know. You should have a look on the student finance website or phone them and ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
So there is no possible way to obtain a loan unless i am a Uk citizen
Reply 4
Original post by Mikal28
So there is no possible way to obtain a loan unless i am a Uk citizen

Your eligibility is actually related to how many years you have been resident in the UK and is nothing to do with your citizenship.

If you are currently living outside the EU, you need to have been resident in the UK for three full years before the start of your university course, in order to be assessed for Student Finance. You must have come to the UK for purposes other than education. This applies to British citizens who live outside the EU as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending