The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So the current situation in Pakistan (i am here right now)

The barbaric wahabi ahle hadees and the deoband (sipah sahabah) have made it their new mission to kill our scholars, in a recent attack 3 muftis were killed and so in retaliation groups have emerged in defense (may Allah grant them victories) and they are now targeting the scholars of the opposition, i myself have witnessed these groups and they are fully geared up and have chased alot of them into the north western frontiers where the taliban reside

Alot of you might think this is extreme but we cannot let them kill us like this or else Islam will fall into the hands of these people and they will ruin us, they are terrorists and the only way to deal with a terrorist is to kill him before he kills you

May Allah grant the true muslims victory of these barbarians Ameen
I pick the best times to read Isoc :smile:
Original post by halal kebab5
x

Salaam.
Further divisions and sub categorisations do not benefit us brother.
Killing anyone simply for their belief esp scholars is something that would go against the deen.
We are all muslims here and we need to treat each other as such.
Original post by IdeasForLife
I pick the best times to read Isoc :smile:

it is the best of times and the worst of times :biggrin:
I think some of the Arabs would've been better off without the wealth they found under the ground. Their bank balance grew but their Islam suffered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe one of the sisters can help but what I'll say is that remember that our sustenance and provisions come ultimately from Allah.

Whatever a person will earn in their life has already been decreed, but the manner in which they do it, halal/haraam is up to them.

Another thing here is to listen to your parents because Allah has instructed us to, by listening to them in this matter you will have more blessings in your studies and in your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;tQtEGXX8SQk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQtEGXX8SQk[/video]
Original post by s_ahmed2
Maybe one of the sisters can help but what I'll say is that remember that our sustenance and provisions come ultimately from Allah.

Whatever a person will earn in their life has already been decreed, but the manner in which they do it, halal/haraam is up to them.

Another thing here is to listen to your parents because Allah has instructed us to, by listening to them in this matter you will have more blessings in your studies and in your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But what am I supposed to do?! The universities close to me are awful. There's one decent one, but I don't like the modules they offer for my course. I'd rather not spend 3 years studying something that I don't like
Original post by samiyaab
But what am I supposed to do?! The universities close to me are awful. There's one decent one, but I don't like the modules they offer for my course. I'd rather not spend 3 years studying something that I don't like

You could find a house full of Muslim girls so your parents will be more at ease with your accommodation.

Why don't you like the modules at this uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1290
Original post by HAnwar
Aww cute! Have fun x

Nah I'm the opposite.
You were texting in lesson :O

Oh yeah true, I'll give you that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I did xx :biggrin:
Reply 1291

Firstly moving out is not easy. You might not find the accommodation you want.
I remember a sister PMing me a while back saying she applied to unis far away, and she is stuck with mixed accommodation for now, and she deeply regrets not choosing a uni close to home and may opt out of going.

If you don't like the modules, why are you applying for that course? The modules will be quite similar in most of the unis.
Have a close look at all the unis in your area, and take your time looking in their prospectus and their websites online to find out what different courses there are and what appeals to you best.

I really don't see many benefits of moving out. It's more costly, and finding a place is time consuming and stressful.

Remember at the end of the day you will have to make sacrifices. Don't forget religion comes above everything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
I remember a sister PMing me a while back saying she applied to unis far away, and she is stuck with mixed accommodation for now, and she deeply regrets not choosing a uni close to home and may opt out of going.

If you don't like the modules, why are you applying for that course? The modules will be quite similar in most of the unis.
Have a close look at all the unis in your area, and take your time looking in their prospectus and their websites online to find out what different courses there are and what appeals to you best.

I really don't see many benefits of moving out. It's more costly, and finding a place is time consuming and stressful.

Remember at the end of the day you will have to make sacrifices. Don't forget religion comes above everything else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1 PRSOM

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly thank you for your reply(and to others who replied)

I'm applying for a History degree,and modules vary from uni to uni. The modules at the nearby university do not interest me and there's not as much variety when choosing from the non-compulsory modules. At the other universities I like, the course suits my interests much better and I'd enjoy it more.

The cost of moving out doesn't bother me, as government loans cover it and the repayment system isn't bad at all.

What has me moving out got to do with religion? Yes in Islam it is important to obey your parents, but parents also have a duty to their children, yet my parents want me to compromise my education because their culture teaches that it is wrong for females to move out.
Reply 1295
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM.

I'm applying for a History degree,and modules vary from uni to uni. The modules at the nearby university do not interest me and there's not as much variety when choosing from the non-compulsory modules. At the other universities I like, the course suits my interests much better and I'd enjoy it more.

The cost of moving out doesn't bother me, as government loans cover it and the repayment system isn't bad at all.

What has me moving out got to do with religion? Yes in Islam it is important to obey your parents, but parents also have a duty to their children, yet my parents want me to compromise my education because their culture teaches that it is wrong for females to move out.

Sister which city do you live in? This might help us find a solution for you.

No worries.

It seems like you're quite adamant on the unis you want to go to. Just remember there's no guarantee you'll get a place so even though you're fixated on them, keep the other ones as a back up.

Parents also have a duty to look after their children and place their safety first.
Try looking at it from their perspective. You're young and you'll be moving miles away and living with a bunch of strangers.
Hardly surprising why they're not keen on you moving out.

However, if you are definitely planning on moving out (which I wouldn't recommend but it's your choice), try and get someone who's been in the same position as you and has managed first or second year away from home fine, and ask them to speak to your parents and tell them how they managed etc.

Also work on building your parent's trust, and don't give them a reason to not trust you.

If you do get a place at the uni you want, make sure you sort out accommodation asap since places will go quickly, and you may not be able to find single sex housing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
No worries.

It seems like you're quite adamant on the unis you want to go to. Just remember there's no guarantee you'll get a place so even though you're fixated on them, keep the other ones as a back up.

Parents also have a duty to look after their children and place their safety first.
Try looking at it from their perspective. You're young and you'll be moving miles away and living with a bunch of strangers.
Hardly surprising why they're not keen on you moving out.

However, if you are definitely planning on moving out (which I wouldn't recommend but it's your choice), try and get someone who's been in the same position as you and has managed first or second year away from home fine, and ask them to speak to your parents and tell them how they managed etc.

Also work on building your parent's trust, and don't give them a reason to not trust you.

If you do get a place at the uni you want, make sure you sort out accommodation asap since places will go quickly, and you may not be able to find single sex housing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM
Reply 1299