The Student Room Group

What's the hottest temperature you've ever experienced?

It's Summer, I'm on holiday in Turkey and it's blisteringly hot! It was 40°C yesterday :bawling: - it did get me thinking though....

What's the hottest temperature you've ever experienced? Where were you? Did you burn? :eek3:

Hope everyone's having a lovely week!

Scroll to see replies

Surprisingly, not that much compared to other people I know. I think it got to about 38 degrees when I was in France a number of years ago. I don't really burn very easily (especially considering I'm naturally pretty pale) so I don't recall getting burnt then. I've only got burnt badly once, and it wasn't that hot, just harsh sunlight. I've not really been to many places where it gets super hot.

A friend has been to Australia where it was 44 degrees before he left, which was a camping trip so no air conditioning!

A guy in my office used to work in Kuwait and a few other places in the Middle East and he said it got to over 50 degrees a number of times.
Reply 2
42 degrees

In bed.

No.I was ill.
45 in Spain i hind in the shade until it got dark and dropped to 30
Reply 4
somewhere around 40'c in Malta.
Probably around 43°C - in Phoenix, Arizona.
34 degrees
London 2016
heat wave :frown:
Around 40, have known people have 50 though :eek:
Around 40 in dubai
43 degrees in terms of heat from the sun.

But I was far far hotter in a hammam.
The temperature I get when I look in the mirror :smug:
45 degrees in Kenya in full rig.
Original post by SuperHuman98
The temperature I get when I look in the mirror :smug:

There's always one. :sexface:
200 degrees inside an oven
27 degrees in Scotland earlier this year. I have only been to Iceland and Ireland on holiday and they aren't exactly known for their hot weather :laugh:
Around 40°C in Spain :dong:
On an exchange trip to France, we went to Disneyland one day in a coach. That day it was around 36C at least, and our coach was in the car park for maybe 6 hours?
When we got into the coach on the return journey, it was honestly the hottest thing we'd ever experienced - no A/C, no windows etc - and it was nearly a 2 hour drive because of traffic etc.
People were literally on the verge of fainting/collapsing and (as we were an all-girls school) we essentially had to all strip because of how disgusting all of our clothes were getting :rofl:

I mean, according to this, it would have been 60C+ which I think is actually believable having been in that vehicle :afraid:

It was 42 degrees (but feels like 50+ because of humidity apparently, according to some weather forecast I googled) the other weekend in Nanjing, China. I was walking around outside all day, absolutely boiling :parrot:
Original post by iEthan
It's Summer, I'm on holiday in Turkey and it's blisteringly hot! It was 40°C yesterday :bawling: - it did get me thinking though....

What's the hottest temperature you've ever experienced? Where were you? Did you burn? :eek3:

Hope everyone's having a lovely week!

My highest is the same as yours :tongue: It is unbearably hot in the sun for longer than an hour!! Are you enjoying Marmaris?

And yes I burned on the first day of my holiday there :frown:
Reply 19
Around 43-44 degrees when I was in Dubai

Quick Reply

Latest