The Student Room Group

What would you do if you found out your partner was cheating on you?

Scroll to see replies

Depends what your situation was and the nature of the cheating. Sometimes you have too much invested or there may be additional responsibilities. Normally though I'd expect to think about it to guage how I feel, then talk about it, then most likely call it a day.
Just leave. I would never take back a cheater
Reply 22
It would depend on the situation for me. Whether it's a kiss or full sex, whether it's a physical attaction or they are emotionally invested in another person, in which case the relationship is clearly over anyway. It's a complex thing, and I may be forgiving for a one-time kiss offence. Sex is really out of the question, though.
I've never had a partner to be cheated on but if I do in the future, i'll kick them to the curb for cheating. If a person cheats once, they are likely to do it again even if they truly love the person they are with. No one could tolerate being cheated on multiple times, the majority would walk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meet urgently a psychologist or a doctor because I might be suffering from schizophrenia
Reply 25
Invest in a power drill and a one way ticket to Caracus.
Original post by UWS
Would you plot an evil revenge or would you simply break up and walk away?

What would you do?

That is a tough question.

I would forgive them, but I would still walk away. No hard feelings, but I'd be looking for someone trustworthy. Once trust is broken like that, I would find it very hard to trust that person again.
Reply 27
Original post by Ella-keturah
Tail/penai

Nobody calls it a tail....maybe a snake or a third leg, but not a tail.

Do you know what a tail is lol?
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd pretend I didn't know anything and plan some way of telling her that looks sweet and kind but really isn't. Then I'd just either leave her without saying anything else or kick her out.
I'd be pretty upset. I'd tell them how I felt, and how what they did made me feel, and I'd end it and just cut contact
Original post by Virgil.
Nobody calls it a tail....maybe a snake or a third leg, but not a tail.

Do you know what a tail is lol?

The word penis comes from the latin word meaning tail. So there you go.
Reply 31
Bye✌️ Felicia
Leave them.
Reply 34
Ain't sorry
There is no value in monogamy.

However, doing this without any communication is not acceptable.
i will give him another chance. Revenge is not good to solve the problem.
Zero second chances. Make them gtfo.
Reply 38
Original post by stefano865
There is no value in monogamy.

However, doing this without any communication is not acceptable.

Doing it with communication would not be acceptable either lol
Original post by Virgil.
Doing it with communication would not be acceptable either lol

= open relationship :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending