The Student Room Group

Maths year 11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by RDKGames
Pond + pond + patio is wrong. Work them out individually and add them up.

How's this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct. (You should really lay off so many decimal places lol, 2 or 3 are enough)
Reply 502
Correct. (You should really lay off so many decimal places lol, 2 or 3 are enough)

Hahaha I just find it easier to understand like this xx

What do I do after?

Is it 112.2/25

And then round it to the nearest whole?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Hahaha I just find it easier to understand like this xx

What do I do after?

Is it 112.2/25

And then round it to the nearest whole?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that should give you the minimum amount of boxes you need. After you get the number, think whether you round to the nearest whole, will that number be enough for all the grass as the person wishes?
Reply 504
Yes that should give you the minimum amount of boxes you need. After you get the number, think whether you round to the nearest whole, will that number be enough for all the grass as the person wishes?

It's not enough..
As he got 4.488

Therefore he needs 5 boxes. But he doesn't have enough he only has 4boxes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Heya, my end of year exam is coming up and I'm doing higher and I'm getting D's I'm currently in year 10 and I know I can do better if I revise. Is anyone else willing to help me with a few questions ?

Achieve maths on youtube is brilliant! They go through so many past papers, watch all the videos :smile:
Reply 506
Original post by Crabber25
Achieve maths on youtube is brilliant! They go through so many past papers, watch all the videos :smile:

Thankss x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
It's not enough..
As he got 4.488

Therefore he needs 5 boxes. But he doesn't have enough he only has 4boxes

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by that last statement when you say he has only 4 boxes? The question asks how many boxes he needs. So your first 2 statements are correct, you can't round down because 4 is not enough therefore he must make do with 5 and keep the leftover fertiliser.
Reply 508
What do you mean by that last statement when you say he has only 4 boxes? The question asks how many boxes he needs. So your first 2 statements are correct, you can't round down because 4 is not enough therefore he must make do with 5 and keep the leftover fertiliser.

He can only use 4 fertilisers. Hahaha sorry about that x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
He can only use 4 fertilisers. Hahaha sorry about that x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't specify anywhere in the question that the restriction is 4, so he can use 5 as that's the minimum needed. Anywho, you get the idea. :smile:
Reply 510
Doesn't specify anywhere in the question that the restriction is 4, so he can use 5 as that's the minimum needed. Anywho, you get the idea. :smile:

For this one should I find the interior and exterior angles?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
For this one should I find the interior and exterior angles?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally I would find the interior angle, as we are told it is a 10-sided regular polygon (known as a decagon). We can label angle DCX as angle yy

So then we have the same situation as your previous questions, all these 3 angles around C add up to 360 and you know one of them so you can work out yy.

A valid method which I've mentioned above this post, however 144+90 is not 204 :smile:
Reply 514
Personally I would find the interior angle, as we are told it is a 10-sided regular polygon (known as a decagon). We can label angle DCX as angle yy

So then we have the same situation as your previous questions, all these 3 angles around C add up to 360 and you know one of them so you can work out yy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can extend the line too if you wish and work with that, though I wouldn't bother personally. The interior angle will be made up from the 90 you've drawn on and the other angle. You can find that other angle and take it away from 180 to get the angle you need.
Reply 516
You can extend the line too if you wish and work with that, though I wouldn't bother personally. The interior angle will be made up from the 90 you've drawn on and the other angle. You can find that other angle and take it away from 180 to get the angle you need.

How do I find the other angle? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 517

Got it x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct.
Reply 519
Correct.

Now angle d

Is 360-144

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest