The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Waveyalex
mad options and i cant my third A level decided yet
Ah, what else would you want to do apart from IT? And can't you just do A Level IT?
Original post by hamza772000
Ah, what else would you want to do apart from IT? And can't you just do A Level IT?

no idea yet lool
Original post by Waveyalex
no idea yet lool
Aight then Goodluck :smile:
Hi guys, a bit late I know but I have a query for Q17 on this thread. So the answer is X = 30.1 which is correct, however as shown in the stages I left my answer as 60.1 (god sake) So... how many marks would I probably get considering it was out of 4? 2? 3? Thanks Guys in advance. :smile:
Aight then Goodluck :smile:

Hi Hamza I was just gonna ask for Q17 how many marks would I get out of 4 if I left my answer as 60.1 and didn't change it to 30.1. 2 marks? 3 marks?
Original post by ShivNatorBOOM
Hi Hamza I was just gonna ask for Q17 how many marks would I get out of 4 if I left my answer as 60.1 and didn't change it to 30.1. 2 marks? 3 marks?
Sorry it's been a long time so I'd have to look at the acc question again, I don't have the time rn :frown: but keep in mind, whatever I say will only be an assumption :smile:
Sorry it's been a long time so I'd have to look at the acc question again, I don't have the time rn :frown: but keep in mind, whatever I say will only be an assumption :smile:

Fair enough. It was just the question which uses the SOHCAHTOA rule with the triangle and it asked you to find the angle. I accidentally left it as the whole thing which was shown in the last step, so i would be expecting 2-3 marks/4
Fair enough. It was just the question which uses the SOHCAHTOA rule with the triangle and it asked you to find the angle. I accidentally left it as the whole thing which was shown in the last step, so i would be expecting 2-3 marks/4
Yeah, 2-3 marks sounds about right to me, because you did use the formula(e), and did the wokings etc.
Just wondering does anyone have the link to this paper with the solutions?
Reply 2369
Just wondering does anyone have the link to this paper with the solutions?

The paper and its mark scheme can be found on a website called paper-cut. Hope this helps.
I got 80.4 for the last question but I used Pythagoras' theorem and never used the sine rule, although I did use the cosine rule at the end. I can't remember exactly what I did but will I still get the marks, are you allowed to do it more than one way?
Original post by Name taken
I got 80.4 for the last question but I used Pythagoras' theorem and never used the sine rule, although I did use the cosine rule at the end. I can't remember exactly what I did but will I still get the marks, are you allowed to do it more than one way?

Yup definitely. I think you got full marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Yup definitely. I think you got full marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks :smile: All went well I got higher than expected, only three marks off an A*!
I managed to get an A* guys, even after the 170 grade boundary and I am still in shock!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueribbons99
I managed to get an A* guys, even after the 170 grade boundary and I am still in shock!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol i know, didn't get my actual mark though!
Original post by Stegosaurus99
Lol i know, didn't get my actual mark though!

Yep which sucks as I really want to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, is this foundation or higher?
Original post by Georgiabucko1
Hi, is this foundation or higher?

Higher
So this is for the Maths paper 2 on June this year?
Original post by Zoe Lea
So this is for the Maths paper 2 on June this year?

Sorry my bad it's june

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending