The Student Room Group

Speaking to girls on Match

Hi,I thought I'd post something which I hope relates to other people as well as myself.I am currently single and recently subscribed to match.com to try something new and see if I can find someone I could meet up with. However, I've tried messaging quite a few girls and have had no replies ! I like to consider myself as a sociable guy who can make good conversation. I also find I share a lot of interests with some of these girls , yet I have had no luck :/I'd just be interested to see if other people encounter the same thing, not just males but also females?It kind of bothers me because I wonder whether I'm doing something wrong haha
Online dating is difficult mate. I've pretty much just giving up on it at this point.

Keep on doing what you're doing, change up your bio and get better/more varied pics. Try some other sites too! :smile:
you're contacting girls over your league
The top tier of good looking guys will get waves of interest, other guys... barely any interest. The majority of girls will obviously get ignored/rejected. Then these girls will go on to complain about how shallow/ picky men are.

:u:
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
The top tier of good looking guys will get waves of interest, other guys... barely any interest. The majority of girls will obviously get ignored/rejected. Then these girls will go on to complain about how shallow/ picky men are.

I hate to sound prejudiced but...this.
Generalising immensely, sure. Dating websites are just very competitive, too easy to make quick comparisons.
I suppose it's because there is little to no emotional impact from a dating profile, other than the pictures. No matter how good a guy's bio is, the words won't make up for looks that a girl fails to appreciate.

The average-looking guy stands a better chance of winning a girl over in-person, if he has the right personality for it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Well I am considered good looking and attractive to many people , without sounding cocky. So I don't really understand it tbh
Reply 7
Generalising immensely, sure. Dating websites are just very competitive.
I suppose it's because there is little to no emotional impact from a dating profile, other than the pictures. No matter how good a guy's bio is, the words won't make up for looks that a girl fails to appreciate.

The average-looking guy stands a better chance of winning a girl over in-person, if he has the right personality for it.

I don't mean to sound funny , but I have been told by many girls that I am an attractive guy so I don't really understand it tbf
Reply 8
Original post by RoyalMarine
you're contacting girls over your league

you don't know because you haven't seen me mate
Reply 9
I do get told I'm attractive though tbf so I'm not sure about that .

Tinder's marketing department found that guys swipe right (like) for 46% of girls on average, while girls only swipe right for 14% of guys. This gender disparity is pretty consistent across all online dating sites.

So if you don't setup a decent Match profile that's in the top 10-20% bracket of guys then you won't be getting consistent matches and are likely wasting your time.

You basically need to stand out from the di*k sea that is abundant in online dating by making sure you have optimized your profile. Apart from the guys who are really good looking, it's the guys who get creative with it (and therefore stand out) that usually do the best, which is not really that difficult when you consider how bad most guys profiles are. You just need to put in a little bit more effort than the average guy to get yourself standing out from the sea of mediocrity.

You might find this website useful for optimizing your dating profile: http://TinderProfile.com. While it's not specifically designed for Match.com but for Tinder, the principles remain the same for all online dating sites/apps.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I don't mean to sound funny , but I have been told by many girls that I am an attractive guy so I don't really understand it tbf

You need to market yourself like a pro.
i found my bf on pof and i msgd him first
Reply 13

Women rate 80% of guys as average or below average in looks.

Average like to match ratio on tinder for guys is 1%. Online dating is tough if you're not in top 20% of guys looks wise.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Virgil.
Women rate 80% of guys as average or below average in looks.

Average like to match ratio on tinder for guys is 1%. Online dating is tough if you're not in top 20% of guys looks wise.

I don't know if I am or not but have been told I'm a good looking guy. But it kinda defeats the idea that its not based on looks its personality

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending