The Student Room Group

Sociology or Religious studies?

Hey guys,

So i'm confused if i should take Sociology or RS :frown: I haven't done either before so i don't know much about then.
Which one would you say is easier and interesting? :biggrin:
Original post by Hanna423
Hey guys,

So i'm confused if i should take Sociology or RS :frown: I haven't done either before so i don't know much about then.

Have a look at the spec for sociology or RS. Do you know which exam board you are doing for these 2?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Workangel_24
Have a look at the spec for sociology or RS. Do you know which exam board you are doing for these 2?

Yes i did and i feel there's quite a bit more things to learn for sociology than RS. I'm going the Cambridge board (cie).
I'm worried cause my exams are on October and i need to register tomorrow.
Reply 3
People here at TSR say that religious studies is easiest subject and free A* so I would probably recommend religious studies and I also find it easy.
Yes i did and i feel there's quite a bit more things to learn for sociology than RS. I'm going the Cambridge board (cie).
I'm worried cause my exams are on October and i need to register tomorrow.

Have you spoken to your subject teachers? They should be able to help you more but I suggest you taking a subject which you really want to do and enjoy. But since you haven't done these 2 subjects before, just research as much as you can about what topics you're going to be doing, the type of assessment, grade weightings and career prospects etc. Then choose the one that you would really want to do. Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Fnt1klo
People here at TSR say that religious studies is easiest subject and free A* so I would probably recommend religious studies and I also find it easy.

I agree with this. The content isn't hard to understand, the questions are straightforward and the mark schemes are usually quite lenient.
Hey guys,

I took RS, not Sociology though so I can't speak for that. RS is so easy, omg if you can write nicely and you are alright at English, it is a guaranteed A or A*. However, for me, it was my first exam so I was super nervous and threw up like 50 times over the weekend and on Monday (the day of the exam) so I'm not too sure if I did well :biggrin:

Anyway, it is pretty easy, we were gonna do it in Year 10 but dropped out last minute for a number of reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest