Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
That's for Scots.

UCAS her our results on the 11th

Ah okay sorry for the misinformation :colondollar::laugh:
The fact it's only in 2 weeks makes me wanna cry
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Thank god I'm not alone with the 15 markers - hopefully we all did better than we think atm and perhaps the grade boundaries will reflect that? :redface: I feel like this year was quite harsh. :lol: I need to go up from a B last year to an A this year... I hope it does turn out well for you though!

I wish you luck also! Praying for those low grade boundaries really, politics stressed me out so much
Original post by thevamps99xo
The fact it's only in 2 weeks makes me wanna cry
Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems so close yet at the same time these are going to be the slowest two weeks of our lives....
Original post by somevirtualguy
It seems so close yet at the same time these are going to be the slowest two weeks of our lives....

Oh definitely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UnknownAnon
Yep! One from Liverpool and one from Lancaster! 100% sure I didn't get the grades though because physics hates me and I missed out too many questions on the exam that was supposed to be easy :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on the offers!:smile: I had 3 interviews and messed them all up unfortunately :frown: What were your offers? I heard Liverpool give higher offers to people who resit, not sure if it's true? Ah damn, yeah physics hates me too I will be lucky to get a C tbh! And I messed up ch5 and a few maths modules so badly! I just really hope I get 3 As somehow. Good luck, hopefully the grade boundaries will be low and save us this time! So what are your plans if you don't get the grades? Btw did you do AQA physics?
Anyone got the idea how are they going to decide what is your grade for the subject (A,B,C,...) ?For example, last year I took D1 FP1 and S1 for Further Math, my grade is 88,88,70 respectively.My overall is 243/300 and i got an A, Why ? Thank you
Original post by AnnekaChan173
adding onto what Unknownanon said, Plymouth do too, you need AAB first time :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Natalierm2707
As far as im aware exeter accept resists, but other than that im not to sure, have a look online because they will say.

The one thing I will say is right now dont get caught up in doubting yourself, you will make yourself so much more scared for results day by doing this, best idea is to just ignore the options and see what happens.

Thanks! I just wanted to have a back up plan ready if I don't get the grades, also trying to distract myself from counting all the marks I've lost in the exams :biggrin:
How was your first year at Cardiff btw? Were the exams hard? How are you finding medicine in general?:smile:
Does anyone know if there are any unofficial mark schemes for OCR A2 chemistry F324 & F325? It's hard to go to sleep if I can't add up the marks for these papers like I do for maths :lol:
Original post by Xuancong
Anyone got the idea how are they going to decide what is your grade for the subject (A,B,C,...) ?For example, last year I took D1 FP1 and S1 for Further Math, my grade is 88,88,70 respectively.My overall is 243/300 and i got an A, Why ? Thank you

So your ums is 81% for those 3 so 80% or above is an A, 70% or above is a B etc. For an A* this year you need over 90% average ums in 3 modules of FP2 FP3 S2 S3 M2 M3 I'm not sure about decision maths modules as I didn't do those sorry, hope this helps :smile:
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Well done on the offers!:smile: I had 3 interviews and messed them all up unfortunately :frown: What were your offers? I heard Liverpool give higher offers to people who resit, not sure if it's true? Ah damn, yeah physics hates me too I will be lucky to get a C tbh! And I messed up ch5 and a few maths modules so badly! I just really hope I get 3 As somehow. Good luck, hopefully the grade boundaries will be low and save us this time! So what are your plans if you don't get the grades? Btw did you do AQA physics?

I think they do, if you're only resitting one or two subjects. My requirements weren't higher. I did OCR physics and it was the bane of my existence. The worst part is, I actually enjoy physics! I'm pretty sure I won't get in, so I really want to go through clearing, and do medical sciences at Exeter. Really hope they have places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kamara7
Does anyone know if there are any unofficial mark schemes for OCR A2 chemistry F324 & F325? It's hard to go to sleep if I can't add up the marks for these papers like I do for maths :lol:

yes there are on each of the respective threads, sorry I dont know what pages specifically

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UnknownAnon
I think they do, if you're only resitting one or two subjects. My requirements weren't higher. I did OCR physics and it was the bane of my existence. The worst part is, I actually enjoy physics! I'm pretty sure I won't get in, so I really want to go through clearing, and do medical sciences at Exeter. Really hope they have places.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many subjects did you resit? Ikr I enjoy physics too but I skipped/didn't know how to answer so many questions! On the bright side my unit 2 resit from AS went pretty good this year, probs not enough to push my overall grade up much though. Ah that sounds good, so you hoping to transfer to medicine after first year? Exeter is great btw, I really liked it when I went there :smile: I'm sure they will, have you checked courses in clearing yet? I'm sure I saw a lot of medical sciences courses available!
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Thanks! I just wanted to have a back up plan ready if I don't get the grades, also trying to distract myself from counting all the marks I've lost in the exams :biggrin:
How was your first year at Cardiff btw? Were the exams hard? How are you finding medicine in general?:smile:

I understand I was an absolute wreck this time last year, many many nights spent adding and subtracting marks, but in the end it never was correct as you will never know how you have done until the marks are released.

Medicine is literally a rollercoaster, I have loved it! There is a lot of work (a lot a lot of work... it literally never ends) but if your willing to work hard then it will be fine. Medicine is everything I had hoped for it to be, I am fascinated by everything we learn and it really is the right choice for me. As for social life, when exams come around not so much but I am involved in some societies and enjoy hanging out with friends. The exams for me were very hard, it was the sheer amount we had to learn which made revision seem never ending, but I put the work in and thankfully came out the other end with a very strong pass mark! As for Cardiff medical school, best decision I ever made was to come here!

My advice to anyone who is waiting on results and medical school is around the corner, enjoy your summer! you have a lot of work ahead of you in september. if you want to chat more about anything feell free to PM me (dont want to take this thread to off topic) x
Reply 2175
Best of luck with your results guys!
I hope the grade boundaries are ever in your favour :smile:
Dear friends, I have some questions. Sorry if I am being repetitive but it seems easier to post my queries in bulk here.

1) Our results are out at 9AM (?) UK time on the 18th but our colleges have them 2 days prior. How likely is it that the college will tell me my results before the 18th?
2) UCAS Track. Does it also update at the exact same time? If I see that my firm choice has rejected me, is there any point phoning the university? If both reject me, can I still phone my insurance choice?
3) Clearing. Is it really as hectic as it sounds? I mean, it starts sometime in the afternoon and then you're supposed to just phone the universities like crazy? Can you also phone those not on the clearing list to find out if they'd have an extra spot?
4) Is it sensible to not look at my results/Track and just wait for my uni's welcome email? When do those arrive?
Reply 2177
Original post by pecora
Dear friends, I have some questions. Sorry if I am being repetitive but it seems easier to post my queries in bulk here.

1) Our results are out at 9AM (?) UK time on the 18th but our colleges have them 2 days prior. How likely is it that the college will tell me my results before the 18th?
2) UCAS Track. Does it also update at the exact same time? If I see that my firm choice has rejected me, is there any point phoning the university? If both reject me, can I still phone my insurance choice?
3) Clearing. Is it really as hectic as it sounds? I mean, it starts sometime in the afternoon and then you're supposed to just phone the universities like crazy? Can you also phone those not on the clearing list to find out if they'd have an extra spot?
4) Is it sensible to not look at my results/Track and just wait for my uni's welcome email? When do those arrive?

1) No, they get them 3-5 days earlier (think it's five) and UCAS results are 8AM and we can get A-levels from 6AM.

2) only phone if you are getting a priority remark. Other than that there is no point as they won't reconsider.

3) DO NOT phone unis which are not on clearing lists, it's a waste of time and you'll be turned down. And clearing starts at 12.

4) some unis don't send said e-mails and others won't send them for up to 2 weeks. Not looking is stupid.
Original post by pecora

Your College/Sixth Form will have your results a day before you get them or so. It's unlikely they'll tell you your results beforehand, but it's not really unheard of.**

Usually there isn't much point tbh, but you can if you really really want to. Universities will have had your results for about a week or so prior to you receiving them so they already will have had time to look at your application. I'd suggest it'd be better to look into clearing instead.

Clearing places should be up, so I'd just focus energy on looking at those. I have no idea how hectic it is but make sure not to make a rash decision.

Definitely not - not all Uni's will send welcome emails (mine didn't) and if you have missed your offer, you won't know and will likely miss clearing too. *
Original post by pecora

1) no chance
2) it updates between 7.20am and 8am on the 18th usually, so keep checking from 7. If your firm has rejected you and your grades aren't far off then it is worth ringing them in my opinion.
3) yes clearing is pretty hectic because so many people use the service, I wouldnt bother with those not on the clearing lists as they will not have any spaces, if they did they would be made availible in clearing. Just be prepared with numbers before results day just in case and know what you would want to do if the worst happens.
4) not every uni sends out a welcome email/text, you really are better just looking at track and your results.

Quick Reply

Latest