The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We should have got Gabriel Jesus before City. That kid is gonna be great seriously.
Original post by trapking
We should have got Gabriel Jesus before City. That kid is gonna be great seriously.

Wow, that's a sharp prospect.

Wow, that's a sharp statement.
Original post by swirly
Wow, that's a sharp prospect.

Thoughts on Pep pretty much signing a young whole squad with potential to wreck most of europe? :lol:
Original post by Dirtybit
Wow, that's a sharp statement.

Thoughts on Kanan?
Thoughts on Pep pretty much signing a young whole squad with potential to wreck most of europe? :lol:

ffs he's the best thing that will ever happen to City.

Swear that Jesus kid rejected Barcelona, to join Pep at City. That is a huge statement. Since when would a top talent from South America pick City over Barcelona. Joey Barton and Adam Johnson used to start for them ffs.
As a Utd fan you should be somewhat worried/concerned at the progress of City! Of course I understand we need time to get back to the top but damn we have a long way to catch up if we want to even compete with the likes of City, Real, Juve etc...

I feel like deadwood players like Fellani, Jones etc should be got rid off and replaced with quality future prospects.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swirly
ffs he's the best thing that will ever happen to City.

Swear that Jesus kid rejected Barcelona, to join Pep at City. That is a huge statement. Since when would a top talent from South America pick City over Barcelona. Joey Barton and Adam Johnson used to start for them ffs.

He's rejected Barcelona and Real because of two things, wages and playing time. As if the kids gonna get the right amount of time ahead of MSN or BBC. Its a smart move to go where he'll actually be played and make more money at the same time lol.

When he's developed enough don't worry he'll be going to Madrid or Barca.
Original post by Malevolent
He's rejected Barcelona and Real because of two things, wages and playing time. As if the kids gonna get the right amount of time ahead of MSN or BBC. Its a smart move to go where he'll actually be played and make more money at the same time lol.

When he's developed enough don't worry he'll be going to Madrid or Barca.

Aguero, Iheanacho, Silva, KDB, Sterling, Nolito, Sane, Yaya, Bony, Nasri, Navas, to fill the front 4 positions. Not like City are lacking depth.
Also I'm not convinced about Pogba I think he's a bit of a fraud tbh and way too overrated.

Memphis is also a fraud!

Ik I've pissed some people off with those statements but it's true tbh :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swirly
Aguero, Iheanacho, Silva, KDB, Sterling, Nolito, Sane, Yaya, Bony, Nasri, Navas, to fill the front 4 positions. Not like City are lacking depth.

Well you got Aguero and Silva who will probably be injured at some point in the season knowing those two. Bony is just awful. Nasri nothing to write home about and is too fat. Sterling who seems to have forgotten how to actually even kick a ball. Yaya the man who would probably still walk even if he was being chased by someone with a knife. :lol:

He'll get way more opportunities at City then he would in Spain with one of those two.
Also I'm not convinced about Pogba I think he's a bit of a fraud tbh and way too overrated.

Memphis is also a fraud!

Ik I've pissed some people off with those statements but it's true tbh :rofl:

Remember when you also said Felipe Anderson is the next Neymar
Am I right to say that was a terrible match?

I watched 30 mins of it before turning it off.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Am I right to say that was a terrible match?

I watched 30 mins of it before turning it off.

Yes Jeff, it was terrible
Yes Jeff, it was terrible

:lol:

Any stand out players? Did you see any kind of willingness after 30 mins?
As a Utd fan you should be somewhat worried/concerned at the progress of City! Of course I understand we need time to get back to the top but damn we have a long way to catch up if we want to even compete with the likes of City, Real, Juve etc...

I feel like deadwood players like Fellani, Jones etc should be got rid off and replaced with quality future prospects.

This is an over reaction. You cannot put Juve and City in the same bracket as Bayern, Barca, Real or Atletico. Also it makes no sense to try and sum up the talent of XI's/Squads, otherwise we would not even be talking about Atletico. It all depends on tactics, and we haven't seen anything from Mou or Pep yet, so we just need to wait before making knee-jerk statements.

Plus the main players in the City team are plagued with injuries.
Remember when you also said Felipe Anderson is the next Neymar

Remember when you said give Memphis more time and he'll develop into a good #7....
Remember when you said give Memphis more time and he'll develop into a good #7....

which part of give him more time did you not understand
Original post by difeo
which part of give him more time did you not understand

The time part..

He's had 2 pre-seasons + 1 whole season (still ****...no signs of improvement).
Our very own Hayles getting screenshotted and posted to other forums

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/non-arsenal-transfer-rumours-summer-2016.29041/page-256

She's ITK famous now