The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
hi, does anyone know what happens if someone has fits in the exam and then passes out? i mean, do all students their target grade, or pass or what? thank you! ☺️
Original post by 04ms21
hi, does anyone know what happens if someone has fits in the exam and then passes out? i mean, do all students their target grade, or pass or what? thank you! ☺️

apparently - i heard
Reply 902
hi, hope your chem exam went well! Im an A2 student and I printed off all the past questions from past papers for the topics Inorganic reactions, periodicity and test tube reactions, and also attached the mark schemes to these questions, then stapled them into separate booklets according to topic. I didnt get round to completing them so if anyone wants them pm me and i can post them out to you if you like. I understand you can print them off yourselves however it would save time for you i guess (so i thought id see if they could be of any use before i binned them) Also, I'm selling my Collins Unit 1, 2, 4, and 5 student support materials books, and these books were literally the only thing i used at A level to help me through the course. Although I know the AQA specification has changed this year so I don't know how much use these resources will be as I havent seen the new spec! but please let me know if you're interested :-) good luck with A2 (though im sure you're all bright sparks who don't need it!!)
Hi Guys! Thanks for all the info youve posted on this thread already....Although i have looked through it, am i right in saying no one has actually posted the questions or actual paper? If im wrong would someone be able to give me them or point me in the right direction? I've found one unnoficial mark scheme but id like to see the questions... Thanks, not so Gwen Stefani
predicted grade boundaries for an A?
Please check out http://alevelprep.com/ which is a new educational resource for A-level Economics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics!
we have only abit of time left luckly i get to redo cus our school is doing the AS tests again to send of as our prediction but theyre getting aqa to make a new paper i think
How come you getting it? Are they making it for all school or just particularly your school. And is this for all other as exams or just chemistry ... Isn't this bit weird though??
Original post by Enderbat1999
we have only abit of time left luckly i get to redo cus our school is doing the AS tests again to send of as our prediction but theyre getting aqa to make a new paper i think

How come you getting it? Are they making it for all school or just particularly your school. And is this for all other as exams or just chemistry ... Isn't this bit weird though??
Original post by igotnomoney

its for all sciences in our school, see seven kings didnt do their exams for science as it linear so you dont actually have to do it and a few people in our school also did that so theyre letting everyone do it again cus it was our first time doing the spec or something but yh
Jesus Christ has anyone seen the grade boundaries for chem?? 64.4%! This is probably a historic low when it comes to AS Chemistry
Original post by rosemondtan
Jesus Christ has anyone seen the grade boundaries for chem?? 64.4%! This is probably a historic low when it comes to AS Chemistry

yh i know i saw the bio and chem one and its literally a little above 50% but tbh ill be happy with a b cus when we come back our schools doing these as tests again and they're gonna combine our grades and send those of so happy
Original post by Enderbat1999
yh i know i saw the bio and chem one and its literally a little above 50% but tbh ill be happy with a b cus when we come back our schools doing these as tests again and they're gonna combine our grades and send those of so happy

wtf is that allowed that's cheating lol
Hi. Anyone know how to find out your mark? The new spec only gives a grade (which seems such a cop out). My brother got a B in chem, was expecting an A and happy with how the exams went. He'd like to go for a remark (new mark check thing) but doesn't know how close he was to an A because AQA don't give out marks now.

Thanks, any help appreciated.
Hi.

Does anyone know how to find what actual mark you got? The new spec only seems to give a grade. My brother got a B, expecting an A and was happy with how the exams went. He'd like to go for a remark but doesn't know how close he was to an A because AQA don't give out marks now.

Hi.

Does anyone know how to find what actual mark you got? The new spec only seems to give a grade. My brother got a B, expecting an A and was happy with how the exams went. He'd like to go for a remark but doesn't know how close he was to an A because AQA don't give out marks now.

Original post by Izzydizzy
Hi.

He'd have to ask him teacher or his examinations officer. That's what i did :h:
Got an A I found the first paper really hard though. I'm doing OCR chemistry next year because I'm moving school doin going to have to work extra hard
Reply 918
What did you get i have to resit now
Original post by marcobruni98
Got an A I found the first paper really hard though. I'm doing OCR chemistry next year because I'm moving school doin going to have to work extra hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are the specs much different? That would really annoy me tbh, good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending