The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Accommodation for Muslim girls ?

Hi,

Is there any girls only or Muslim girls accommodation in Wolverhampton ?? Can someone please give me some recommendations. And also I wear a veil, would I have any problems with this whilst living in Wolverhampton ? I'm not too sure as I have never been to Wolverhampton. I would appreciate if someone could get back to me.
Reply 1
Hi, I didn't live in accommodation buit have friend who do. I do not think there is girls only but you could try private accommodation, Victoria Halls. I have seen the uni publib rooms and they are not really good. Victoria halls have your bathroom and double sized beds!
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Hi, you could message the university's Isoc and see whether they have an accommodation finding service setup. If they do, you might be able to find girls only accommodation through that.
Reply 3
In Uni accommodation you can ask to be in a flat with only your own gender.

Wolverhampton seems to have a pretty high level of ethnic minorities (at least compared to other universities I've been to) and as far as I'm aware the ISOC is pretty good.
Reply 4
As someone who's lived in Wolverhampton my whole life, you shouldn't have any problems wearing a veil. Especially not on campus, there's a lot of ethnic diversity :smile:
Original post by Muslimah92
Hi,

Is there any girls only or Muslim girls accommodation in Wolverhampton ?? Can someone please give me some recommendations. And also I wear a veil, would I have any problems with this whilst living in Wolverhampton ? I'm not too sure as I have never been to Wolverhampton. I would appreciate if someone could get back to me.

I agree with Reexox, i'm not of muslim faith myself, but having been at the unviersity for 2 years i can honestly say you shouldn't get any hassle. The university is very diverse with allot of different backgrounds, faiths, languages. ive never personally seen anyone being harassed for what they wear and there is a large amount of students who indeed are Muslim studying here. As for accommodation you best bet would be to communicate with the Students union and accomodation officer at the university, im sure you wont be the first student to ask this sort of thing they should be able to help. The uni has very strict policies on bullying/ harrassment etc so they are very supportive. Hope you enjoy studying here. best wishes x

Quick Reply