The Student Room Group

talking to girls

Hi,I'm 20 yrs old and single.This post is about talking to girls which is a subject I find quite confusing.Personally I don't have a problem speaking to the other sex but it's just the asking them out and how to approach someone I really fancy in a public place. I just want it to happen naturally but feel like I need try something different.Its not something I should be worrying about as people say it'll happen but I just wondered what people think? I've been told I'm an attractive guy and surprised I haven't found someone. I've tried online dating but rarely get any conversation going :/
I know you're probably sick of hearing it but it'll happen naturally, or spontaneously, and in my opinion when it happens like that its the best. Dating sites suck, as does purposefully looking for someone to date or talk to, for me every long lasting decent past relationship i've had it's happened out of the blue, they've just suddenly appeared one day. As for like asking a girl out tho, just idk, muster up some confidence and be straight about it idk, just say something like hey, i was wondering if you wanted to grab dinner one night, or watch a movie or whatever idk ah, girls like a bit of confidence, just a guy who can strike up a conversation or whatever. sorry if this didn't really help, i'm still naive and young, and tbh have no place giving relationship advice considering the situation i'm stuck in right now:wink: but enough about moi, hope it helped in some way hahah
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,I'm 20 yrs old and single.This post is about talking to girls which is a subject I find quite confusing.Personally I don't have a problem speaking to the other sex but it's just the asking them out and how to approach someone I really fancy in a public place. I just want it to happen naturally but feel like I need try something different.Its not something I should be worrying about as people say it'll happen but I just wondered what people think? I've been told I'm an attractive guy and surprised I haven't found someone. I've tried online dating but rarely get any conversation going :/

relationships = waste of time + headaches esp at ur age. leave it bro.

lets face it, u just wanna get laid, so just go to a party and do that, and forget about relationships.. focus on studies if u do that
Reply 3
Original post by emi.hopkins
I know you're probably sick of hearing it but it'll happen naturally, or spontaneously, and in my opinion when it happens like that its the best. Dating sites suck, as does purposefully looking for someone to date or talk to, for me every long lasting decent past relationship i've had it's happened out of the blue, they've just suddenly appeared one day. As for like asking a girl out tho, just idk, muster up some confidence and be straight about it idk, just say something like hey, i was wondering if you wanted to grab dinner one night, or watch a movie or whatever idk ah, girls like a bit of confidence, just a guy who can strike up a conversation or whatever. sorry if this didn't really help, i'm still naive and young, and tbh have no place giving relationship advice considering the situation i'm stuck in right now:wink: but enough about moi, hope it helped in some way hahah

Thank you I appreciate your advice :smile: I have asked girls out and had dates but I think to find the girl I really like I need to put some graft in ahaha!I guess I just need to chill about it tbf . I just cant see anything happening by just waiting for it to happen out of the blue if you know what I mean
Reply 4
Original post by emi.hopkins

I get really annoyed too when I don't end up talking to a girl cos It just don't feel right in that situation/place
Original post by Justtryingtolive
relationships = waste of time + headaches esp at ur age. leave it bro.

lets face it, u just wanna get laid, so just go to a party and do that, and forget about relationships.. focus on studies if u do that

I second this, been in a few relationships and when I look back I see them as a waste of time and money and effort all of which i could have spent on myself and other people who are still in my life right now.

But if you really want it then I guess nobody can tell put you off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending