The Student Room Group

Knife incident in Russell Square - One dead, five injured

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36972126

Story just broke. Hopefully this is the extent of the casualties and nothing escalates.

Statement from the Metropolitan Police:

http://news.met.police.uk/news/people-injured-at-russell-square-177429

Police were called at 22:33 hours on Wednesday, 3 August to reports of a man seen in possession of a knife injuring people at Russell Square, WC1.

Officers attended the scene along with the London Ambulance Service.Up to six people were found injured at the location.

A female (no further details) was treated at the scene but was pronounced dead a short time later.

We await an update on the condition of the other persons injured and details of any other injuries.

A man was arrested at 22:39 hours and a Taser was discharged by one of the arresting officers.

Additional police units have been deployed to the area to provide reassurance.

Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

+Terrorism is one possibility being explored at this stage.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

was only a matter of time before it happened in Britain (again)
Police officers called at 22:33 but not on the news until 02:00 which unfortunately suggests at least to me that there was an embargo suggesting that the police know more than they are letting on.
Original post by AlexS101
Police officers called at 22:33 but not on the news until 02:00 which unfortunately suggests at least to me that there was an embargo suggesting that the police know more than they are letting on.

I found this strange as well. Not saying anything has gone on just assumed it would break quicker than that.
I wonder who the perpetrators were... hmm can't think of who it might be...
Reply 5
Glad they caught him alive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
police press conference at 3.30am

Our police are better at media control than the French and Germans.
BBC saying that it could be gang related and terrorism isn't the only possibility.
Terrible news. R.I.P to the woman that died.

It's too early to know what exactly the motive was but I think that it's safe to say that this attack had absolutely nothing to do with Islam. No true Muslim would carry out an act like this and I think it's important to remember that.
Original post by Pulse.
Glad they caught him alive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it means we can publically execute them say down a quart of bleach or something
if only i was running this damn country
Original post by Casserole

Interesting, suggests that there's more details that the police know about and want to control the release of.
Original post by NickLCFC
this attack had absolutely nothing to do with Islam. No true Muslim would carry out an act like this and I think it's important to remember that.

Ahaha, no shame at all.
Reply 12
Nothing new on Twitter, some articles mentioning a gang running off after the attack.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NickLCFC
Terrible news. R.I.P to the woman that died.

It's too early to know what exactly the motive was but I think that it's safe to say that this attack had absolutely nothing to do with Islam. No true Muslim would carry out an act like this and I think it's important to remember that.

Sadiq Khan pls go

Our Police force can actually protect it's own citizens unlike France

Sounds like the guy was swiftly tasered before he could do any more damage after the attack broke out
Police presence in Russell Square.

[video="youtube;9_qS8QVmX1k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_qS8QVmX1k[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Dodgypirate
Looks gang-related tbh...

[video="youtube;I-x0G5pAan0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-x0G5pAan0[/video]

That's from 2015 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pulse.
That's from 2015 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh shiiiiitt lol :frown:

My bad!

where are you getting the info about the press conference from?
Original post by abcde3237
where are you getting the info about the press conference from?

I heard on Sky News that there was live press conference at 3:30

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending