The Student Room Group

Getting an early decision on my Cambridge offer

I am an international student so I had to send my results to Cambridge myself.
I have now sent all the results they asked for.

The only results left are the STEP results. I was asked to get a 1,2 in STEP 2,3 and I should be able just scrape through(the exams didn't go as well as expected).

Here's the issue. My back up college starts on 19 August and I have to pay the tuition soon, before the STEP results are out.

I know that Cambridge gets A level results before the students. If it is the same for STEP results, can I request an early decision on my offer.

I am very narrowly missing part of my offer(look at my previous post for details) and am scared that requesting my decision now will negatively affect my case and increase my chances of getting denied.

I am scared af right now. I just can't imagine what I'll do if I get denied.

What should I do? Should I ask for an early decision?
Original post by crystalassassin
I am an international student so I had to send my results to Cambridge myself.
I have now sent all the results they asked for.

The only results left are the STEP results. I was asked to get a 1,2 in STEP 2,3 and I should be able just scrape through(the exams didn't go as well as expected).

Here's the issue. My back up college starts on 19 August and I have to pay the tuition soon, before the STEP results are out.

I know that Cambridge gets A level results before the students. If it is the same for STEP results, can I request an early decision on my offer.

I am very narrowly missing part of my offer(look at my previous post for details) and am scared that requesting my decision now will negatively affect my case and increase my chances of getting denied.

I am scared af right now. I just can't imagine what I'll do if I get denied.

What should I do? Should I ask for an early decision?

I am afraid that you can't request an early decision. We receive STEP results early (we have them now) but they are under embargo and cannot under any circumstances be released before 18th August. I'm sorry but you will have to wait. Best of luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Christ's Admissions
I am afraid that you can't request an early decision. We receive STEP results early (we have them now) but they are under embargo and cannot under any circumstances be released before 18th August. I'm sorry but you will have to wait. Best of luck.
My son is an EU-offer holder and his final results were already sent to his college.The decision will be in 18th August too? Thank you!
Original post by aniroc
My son is an EU-offer holder and his final results were already sent to his college.The decision will be in 18th August too? Thank you!

If he has met all of the conditions then the college can confirm entry immediately. It's only if their results are released at the same time as A Levels or if they have missed part of the conditions that it is necessary to wait. We confirm our non A Level offers as they come in, I suppose that some colleges might wait and to them all together.
@Christ's Admissions Out of interest do you know if most/every college know of our STEP results by now?
Original post by EnglishMuon
@Christ's Admissions Out of interest do you know if most/every college know of our STEP results by now?

They've all got them.
Original post by Christ's Admissions
They've all got them.

Ok, thanks :smile:
I hope you get in. It is worth every effort and expense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending