The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drbluebox
As you say people began with RTD, so I will say to that people ignore how RTD era was just as bad if not worse than Moffats in terms of making no sense, rushed finales/series long plot twists and nods to the fans.

By the way its SERIES 8, we are not in America ya know :wink: Too many Americanisms these days lol.

Yeah I agree, it sometimes is a case of nostalgia goggles with some of RTD era episodes! I'm not saying that his stuff wasn't good, I just don't think it was as perfect as some people think it was. After all, some of the worst Who episodes ever came from his era...
So what do you all think of the new companion? I won't say her name in case people don't want to be spoiled.

Personally, watching the clip she looked abysmal. The character was so annoying making the most stupid comments. If this is really what she will be like she will be the one of the worst companions of ths hows. I know it is too early to say fully but the clip was awful...I couldn't actually believe it.
Original post by Munrot07
So what do you all think of the new companion? I won't say her name in case people don't want to be spoiled.

Personally, watching the clip she looked abysmal. The character was so annoying making the most stupid comments. If this is really what she will be like she will be the one of the worst companions of ths hows. I know it is too early to say fully but the clip was awful...I couldn't actually believe it.

I hate to say it but I agree. The 'attitude' seems really forced and has been done before.

I was really hoping for a new kind of companion. We've had good young female companions already; we didn't need another lippy no-self-preservation character.
Just bring back Tennant and Piper, the show will be forgiven for all its woes.
Pearl Mackie confirmed as the Doctor's next companion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36111598

Never heard of her, ngl.
So its another female, just happens to be ethnic (as people guessed) and is yet another Londoner.

Not wanting to start an argument but its a shame being PC means picking different ethnicities from London rather than actors from outside London of any etncitity, i'd rather have a minority Northerner or Welsh than Londoner.
Also, her characters name is "Bill".

like wut
I've seen her in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time which she's currently in and she was very good then. Trailer didn't particularly enthuse me so hoping that Moffat's writing doesn't let her down.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I've seen her in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time which she's currently in and she was very good then. Trailer didn't particularly enthuse me so hoping that Moffat's writing doesn't let her down.

Shame we have to reserve judgement for at least another 12 months :wink:
MOFFATS LEAVING WOOIT WOOT! MOFFAT IS LEAVING! I AM SOOOO HAPPY!
OH YEAH!

The video in the first post is so funny! Amy and 11 are probbably one of my favorite pairs!

We need to start this thread up again....
Original post by Hilly1
Actually can't wait! Jenna Louise Coleman has got big shoes to fill!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally think clara is one of the worst companions... She has her good bits and bad as all the others do-but she isnt as good
Original post by RickmanAlways
MOFFATS LEAVING WOOIT WOOT! MOFFAT IS LEAVING! I AM SOOOO HAPPY!
OH YEAH!

The video in the first post is so funny! Amy and 11 are probbably one of my favorite pairs!

We need to start this thread up again....

Only about 6 months late there Rick...:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sooo exited for series 11
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

after all this time
Reply 5134
Original post by chelseafreak
after all this time

Always
Original post by chelseafreak
after all this time

Original post by Aula
Always

:cry2:
I'm now watching the entire series and so can say a few things based on the first three seasons..

Series 1 - Budget was too low but Captain Jack is brilliant, they should bring him back even if the Doctor does now know that he's the Face Of Boe

Series 2 - Pretty good, the episode around the black hole was very well written, the Cybermen should feature more heavily in the show

Series 3 - Was not a massive fan of Martha but the series was extremely well written with a marked increase in the quality of the episodes compared to the first two seasons. John Simms is the perfect Master, they should have dragged him back. Blink is (i say this as somebody who does not really do emotion for TV) an absolutely brilliant episode in terms of actually being a bit chilling. They should feature the Weeping Angels more.

Also i hate the new opening sequence with the clocks and stuff, the one for series 3 is brilliant.
Original post by Rakas21
I'm now watching the entire series and so can say a few things based on the first three seasons..

Series 1 - Budget was too low but Captain Jack is brilliant, they should bring him back even if the Doctor does now know that he's the Face Of Boe

Series 2 - Pretty good, the episode around the black hole was very well written, the Cybermen should feature more heavily in the show

Series 3 - Was not a massive fan of Martha but the series was extremely well written with a marked increase in the quality of the episodes compared to the first two seasons. John Simms is the perfect Master, they should have dragged him back. Blink is (i say this as somebody who does not really do emotion for TV) an absolutely brilliant episode in terms of actually being a bit chilling. They should feature the Weeping Angels more.

Also i hate the new opening sequence with the clocks and stuff, the one for series 3 is brilliant.
I agree, I think Dalek, Parting of the Ways, The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit, Blink and the Sound of Drums arc were some of the best episodes to date. I think they should be careful not to overuse villains like the Weeping Angels though to keep the threat serious.

Spoiler

Hey fellow Whovians! I'm new here, but after watching the entire "new" Dr Who series in two months flat (not sure if that's something to be proud of, tbh :tongue:), figured that I probably count as a Dr Who fan, soo...
Current fave line is a tough choice, but possibly the one about his hearts "beating like a samba" XD (in an episode quite early on)
Does anyone know when the next season is out?

Spoiler

Original post by Treblebee
Hey fellow Whovians! I'm new here, but after watching the entire "new" Dr Who series in two months flat (not sure if that's something to be proud of, tbh :tongue:), figured that I probably count as a Dr Who fan, soo...
Current fave line is a tough choice, but possibly the one about his hearts "beating like a samba" XD (in an episode quite early on)
Does anyone know when the next season is out?

Spoiler

Welcome! I've heard rumours that the new series will begin in April 2017, but that's unconfirmed. It's filming now so it'll likely be early/mid next year. Too long anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending