The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer Induction

what to expect during m&s induction 2016?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, I ended up not doing mine so I won't be much help but unfortunately it seems you've not had much luck with replies! I was told by the manager that it would be, I think, three full days. They'd go through their standard procedures with us, do the regular health and safety stuff (tour of the fire exits and such) and watch a few videos, and we'd be trained on their tills as well. We'd be shown exactly what our job would be and what we'd be expected to do, and there would be a few role-plays too. Hope this helps!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Hi, I ended up not doing mine so I won't be much help but unfortunately it seems you've not had much luck with replies! I was told by the manager that it would be, I think, three full days. They'd go through their standard procedures with us, do the regular health and safety stuff (tour of the fire exits and such) and watch a few videos, and we'd be trained on their tills as well. We'd be shown exactly what our job would be and what we'd be expected to do, and there would be a few role-plays too. Hope this helps!

Thanks for replying! I've actually had the induction already haha, it only lasted a day and was mostly information, rather than practical tasks. Training begins in-store from the second day :smile:
Original post by charlottembyrne
Thanks for replying! I've actually had the induction already haha, it only lasted a day and was mostly information, rather than practical tasks. Training begins in-store from the second day :smile:

You're lucky! They wanted me in 8-5 for three days! Seemed a bit OTT for a few weeks long temp job if you ask me :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending