The Student Room Group

Who thinks Corbyn will win 2020?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36972038
^ I think he can win, he isn't like the other liberals who forcing us to go back into EU. His like a left-wing version of Trump, can't be stopped, while Media try to hit him down hard, but keeps going.

Scroll to see replies

http://www.loonyparty.com

I think this party has a greater chance of winning personally.

The economy would really have to nose dive stupendously for Corbyn to get in.
Reply 2
Original post by Tempest II
http://www.loonyparty.com

I think this party has a greater chance of winning personally.

The economy would really have to nose dive stupendously for Corbyn to get in.

:rofl:
Reply 3
Well there's always a chance.
Reply 4
Original post by ckfeister
I think he can win

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurse

ckfeister has stopped taking his medication :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by viffer
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurse

ckfeister has stopped taking his medication :smile:

10% fall in wages since pre-2009 , 2nd to Greece
Lack of investment partly to blame,
Immigration isn't the fault for NHS problems, Conservatives underfunding,
Scaring the public will now cause a mild recession.. even though we haven't LEFT yet,
Mass teacher shortage, conservatives don't seem to care,
1% payrise yearly for public sector, while private gets more.

I think Labour can win, its ironic because they said labour caused the GLOBAL financial CRISIS.
Reply 6
10% fall in wages since pre-2009 , 2nd to Greece
Lack of investment partly to blame,
Immigration isn't the fault for NHS problems, Conservatives underfunding,
Scaring the public will now cause a mild recession.. even though we haven't LEFT yet,
Mass teacher shortage, conservatives don't seem to care,
1% payrise yearly for public sector, while private gets more.

I think Labour can win, its ironic because they said labour caused the GLOBAL financial CRISIS.

But you asked whether we thought Corbyn can win, not Labour.

A Labour Party led by Corbyn has no chance of winning a GE
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by viffer
But you asked whether we thought Corbyn can win, not Labour.

Corbyn has zero chance of winning a GE

Why?
Reply 8
Why?

Seriously?

Use the TSR Search facility and you will find lots of posts from different people setting out the reasons. I cba typing relevant points from any of them again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by viffer
Seriously?

Use the TSR Search facility and you will find lots of eloquent posts setting out the reasons. I cba typing any of them out again

Type some of them out, like 3 of the best.
Reply 10
Type some of them out, like 3 of the best.

Your question was "Who thinks Corbyn can win in 2020?"

My answer is "Not me"

If you are really that interested in the reasons you can spend your time looking. There are plenty of Corbyn threads so not too difficult to find
Nothing's impossible.

IS could merge with Greenpeace in the future.
Reply 12
^ I think he can win, he isn't like the other liberals who forcing us to go back into EU. His like a left-wing version of Trump, can't be stopped, while Media try to hit him down hard, but keeps going.

Heavily doubt Corbyn will be PM in 2020 even if Owen Smith somehow loses the leadership contest.

My concern with Corbyn as Labour leader is his leadership and some of his policies. His leadership is woeful, his performance at PMQs is terrible and even his righthand man McDonnell is just as bad. I really disagree about the idea of printing money to solve economic issues, it's just not credible and it will not solve our problems.

What Owen Smith brings is proper leadership, credible polices that people want and he's the right man to challenge Theresa May in 2020. For example, he will introduce a real living wage that will mean a wage increase at last and so on.

I'd also like to refer back to your point on politicians forcing us to rejoin the EU, Owen Smith does respects the mandate for the EU referendum and isn't like the Lib Dems.

In terms of Corbyn being unstoppable, I believe that isn't impossible given that he has lost most of his MPs support and the amount of shadow cabinet resignations is really saying something - He is unelectable, he can't lead and show proper leadership.
Reply 13
Original post by JTran38
Heavily doubt Corbyn will be PM in 2020 even if Owen Smith somehow loses the leadership contest.

My concern with Corbyn as Labour leader is his leadership and some of his policies. His leadership is woeful, his performance at PMQs is terrible and even his righthand man McDonnell is just as bad. I really disagree about the idea of printing money to solve economic issues, it's just not credible and it will not solve our problems.

What Owen Smith brings is proper leadership, credible polices that people want and he's the right man to challenge Theresa May in 2020. For example, he will introduce a real living wage that will mean a wage increase at last and so on.

I'd also like to refer back to your point on politicians forcing us to rejoin the EU, Owen Smith does respects the mandate for the EU referendum and isn't like the Lib Dems.

In terms of Corbyn being unstoppable, I believe that isn't impossible given that he has lost most of his MPs support and the amount of shadow cabinet resignations is really saying something - He is unelectable, he can't lead and show proper leadership.

http://www.jeremyforlabour.com/10_pledges

I am somewhat with you. What the Blairites can't get, still, is how they think people need to be made to 'get' globalization and neo-liberalism. They don't want to, they will vote against it. They don't get what happened to either the Scottish or Northern English and even Welsh vote, the latter tow with Brexit. These lost Labour voters are being blamed on Corbyn and not the last 20yrs, nor the Labour remainers.
Do they really think a NuLabourite who wants to retain EU membership will do well electorally? These people will vote Tory or UKIP just to make sure the Brexit they want so badly is secured. And even if they don't like Corbyns Labour, they know that he is not really a remainer, and th left of Labour really isn't. So they may come round in 2020 a lot more than to a Nu-Labour style person who was so strongly remain as to wish to override the people. Not saying he will win, but he will do way better than media commentary or polls suggest, it's exactly like Trump and Brexit-this phenomenon rolls on and the hysteria is ludicrous, as though the status quo is so worth keeping- they're still not getting it, this is healthy anti-establishment democracy. All of that said, part of me still wants him to stand down, because I really want to see some other guy, especially a Nu-Lab/Blairite, cop the inevitable flak!
Reply 15
Haha lol rofl lmao. You guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Reply 17

Some of his policies are good but I genuinely believe Corbyn can't lead the Labour Party in both government and opposition.
Reply 18

In short, I would never ever vote for Corbyn and this comes from someone who has voted Labour in 2015. The reasons behind this are because he opposes Trident which I support, he has no credible economic plan and the plan he does has will push inflation up. I also oppose him because he bullies other MP'S if they have different views to him. The thing above all though he is a leader who can not lead the party- his shadow cabinet resigned in their droves and have been replaced by new MPS which probably have no talent. If Trump was British and lead one of our parties he would have my vote.
(edited 7 years ago)

Only the Conservative party can win in 2020 it's nailed on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending