The Student Room Group

Worried that my brother smokes

Scroll to see replies

I started smoking when I was about 14. My mate's brother bought the baccy for us and we just smoked a couple of cigarettes after school. One day at school my bag got chosen for a random bag search and they found the baccy in it and I got excluded for a week and I got in deep **** with my parents who grounded me (they didn't know I smoked). None of this stopped me smoking but I was just more careful about where I did! I only stopped when I was at the end of my first year of uni because I was more worried about my health and I was self motivated to stop. I only smoked a couple a day and I don't think it has affected me too much but it would have obviously been better if I hadn't started in the first place. With some people, by using the shock treatment such as explaining the health impacts, getting grounded or excluded it can work, but with others, things people say will not really make much difference on the person and it will just take self motivation. I would talk to his parents and maybe talk to him about the effects (try to connect with him rather then be bossy).
Scare him. My granddad smoked a lot and now has a stroke and can't even talk sadly!:frown: My dad, a doctor, told him to stop and he didn't, and the former was the result sadly:/
Tell your parents.

I'm legit only sayin this cause its funny af how mad some people are gettin in this thread lmfao.
Original post by Wilfred Little
It's not his business really. It's entirely his choice what he does with his body.

Are you also one of the people who claims women can have as many abortions as they want, even if they use it as birth control because they dont want to use condoms?

Anyway, completely wrong. He's 16, he's underage, it is not entirely his choice what he does with his body. His parents pay the insurance bills, not him.

You could argue that its non of his sisters business, but it surely is his parent's business.
why are you even bothered? at least its not crack (you wouldnt know anyway as you cant smell it)
I started smoking at 15, I'm fully aware of the risks and effects blah blah blah.

Your brother is 16 OP, let the kid make some decisions for himself because that's how we learn. You have no control over him in this way because he will find a way to smoke regardless.
Reply 46
Original post by Inexorably
Tell your parents.

I'm legit only sayin this cause its funny af how mad some people are gettin in this thread lmfao.

:rant:
Original post by Galaxie501

Anyway, completely wrong. He's 16, he's underage, it is not entirely his choice what he does with his body. .

16 is the legal age to smoke

Original post by shawtyb
why are you even bothered? at least its not crack (you wouldnt know anyway as you cant smell it)

Since crack is only smoked off of tin foil/light bulb or a pipe and none of those things can be easily confused for something else...
Original post by Napp

Since crack is only smoked off of tin foil/light bulb or a pipe and none of those things can be easily confused for something else...

Is 16 the legal age? I didnt know that. Thanks.
Original post by Napp

u smoke heroin of tin foil, not crack...
Reply 49
Original post by Galaxie501
Is 16 the legal age? I didnt know that. Thanks.

Yup, it's only 18 to buy them.. slightly bizzare right?
Reply 50
Original post by shawtyb
u smoke heroin of tin foil, not crack...

Wrong.
Original post by shawtyb

Spoiler

Original post by Napp
Yup, it's only 18 to buy them.. slightly bizzare right?

That legislature requires some serious mental gymnastics. Being a German however, I'm used to this sort of beauraucratic bull$****.

At least the beer laws make sense here. (You can legally buy and drink beer here at 16.) And we all know thats what really matters. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Original post by Napp
Wrong.

oh how wrong you are.
dont try and argue with someone who has experience on the bloody subject
Original post by Napp
Wrong.

let me educate you.
heroin starts of as a brown rock like substance, u can put it on tin foil, light it from underneath and it turns to a liquid. u tilt the tin foil and with like a 20note or something, u hover it over the trail behind the liquid blob and breath in the fumes through the note.
that method is called chasing the dragon

crack is predominantly a rock, u put it in a pipe and when u light the pipe, the rock crackles, hence the name CRACK!
u breath in the fumes.
Reply 55
Original post by shawtyb
oh how wrong you are.
dont try and argue with someone who has experience on the bloody subject

I'm not sure if you're intentionally trying to come accross as dence or what?

1] It's probably not the best idea to out yourself as a crack head
2] even worse idea to spout drivel like that which is, once again, WRONG
3] Do you really want me to post the instruction manual for smoking crack off of tin foil just to prove how wrong you are ?:smile:
Original post by Napp

3] Do you really want me to post the instruction manual for smoking crack off of tin foil just to prove how wrong you are ?:smile:

firstly, im not a crack head.
second off, i know im right via PAST experience and knowing alot of people who do both
please, stfu
Reply 57
Original post by shawtyb
let me educate you.
heroin starts of as a brown rock like substance, u can put it on tin foil, light it from underneath and it turns to a liquid. u tilt the tin foil and with like a 20note or something, u hover it over the trail behind the liquid blob and breath in the fumes through the note.
that method is called chasing the dragon

crack is predominantly a rock, u put it in a pipe and when u light the pipe, the rock crackles, hence the name CRACK!
u breath in the fumes.

:lol:
You clearly know very little about this subject dont you?
Suffice it to say that is one of the four grades of Heroin and it is usually a powder at any rate.
Mmmhmmm that is indeed ONE way of smoking it there are however more ways.
Original post by Napp

u said in your initial post that you can ONLY smoke crack from tin foil, you are wrong. you smoke it via pipe as the main method
Original post by Napp
:lol:
You clearly know very little about this subject dont you?
Suffice it to say that is one of the four grades of Heroin and it is usually a powder at any rate.
Mmmhmmm that is indeed ONE way of smoking it there are however more ways.

have you done either substance yourself or are you speaking from a text book cuz i think i know which...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending