The Student Room Group

Knife incident in Russell Square - One dead, five injured

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
But to regard (for example, speculation as yet) a 60 year old woman on the streets of London as your "enemy", you are clearly suffering from mental health issues! I don't think it can be used as the reason, merely a contributary factor. But as it is present in all cases to a greater or lesser extent, there must be other factors involved.

If you viewed members of another group, for example a race or religion as your enemy, than anyone can be considered logically as a target.
The killer has been confirmed as Norweigan.
Reply 102
Original post by dingleberry jam
Don't think i've made that claim.
Your statement, in response to my claim that, like the ideological argument, you can't blame mental illness because the vast majority of the mentally ill are peaceful...
"walob, mental illness manifests itself in different people in variable ways", thus implying that ideologies do not.

You then admitted that ideologies do indeed "manifest themselves in different people in variable ways", thus refuting your earlier claim.

Jeez, I wish people would think their arguments through before they post them. It would save me a lot of time.
Original post by QE2
thus implying that ideologies do not.

Right, well here's your problem.
Reply 104
It has now been confirmed that this was not a terrorist attack. Well that's nice. Let's all smile and be happy now.
Original post by BobSausage
It has now been confirmed that this was not a terrorist attack. Well that's nice. Let's all smile and be happy now.

I'm sure the family of the dead woman are very grateful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Right, well here's your problem.
If you agreed with my point, why did you respond with "What a load of *******s" and a statement that attempted (but failed) to refute it?
Reply 107
Original post by nulli tertius
I'm sure the family of the dead woman are very grateful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meh, They were American.
Original post by BobSausage

Happy?
Do I smell sarcasm or you serious?
Original post by QE2
If you agreed with my point, why did you respond with "What a load of *******s" and a statement that attempted (but failed) to refute it?

Hmm i dunno, maybe i should devote myself to attacking and demonising mental health now?
Original post by Casserole
Mentally ill background... just stop with this PC nonsense. In ALL these terror attacks, the background of the killer has always been Asian, from a Muslim country.

Doesn't matter how the press dress it up, mentally disturbed, political or religiously motivated, knife or guns - the background of the murderer is always the same.

Last time I checked, murderers can be of any race. The background of the man that murdered Jo Cox was white and was also labelled mentally ill. Where was your outrage for that? Why didn't you accuse the media of covering that up?

It's like certain people on the left accusing the media of being facist for labelling all white murderers mentally ill and desperately wanting it to be right wing terrorism rather than accepting it for what it is.
You're just as bad as them.
Original post by Al-farhan
Happy?
Do I smell sarcasm or you serious?

sounds like typical tsr sarcasm - seeing this attack similar to others where culprit was of an 'islamic' background but his details surpressed initially, instead a standard blame response to media levied on 'gangs/mental/random attack.
Original post by StrawbAri
Last time I checked, murderers can be of any race. The background of the man that murdered Jo Cox was white and was also labelled mentally ill. Where was your outrage for that? Why didn't you accuse the media of covering that up?

It's like certain people on the left accusing the media of being facist for labelling all white murderers mentally ill and desperately wanting it to be right wing terrorism rather than accepting it for what it is.
You're just as bad as them.

One out of umpteen attacks in the past month.

And per capita, Asian Muslims are extremely disproportionate of those murdering others.
One out of umpteen attacks in the past month.

And per capita, Asian Muslims are extremely disproportionate of those murdering others.

actually , in terms of the recent attacks you refer ( in europe presumabley) north african and arab muslims are far more proportionately involved in those attacks than anyone from asia.
Original post by Reformed
actually , in terms of the recent attacks you refer ( in europe presumabley) north african and arab muslims are far more proportionately involved in those attacks than anyone from asia.

Any data to support that?
Mentally ill background... just stop with this PC nonsense. In ALL these terror attacks, the background of the killer has always been Asian, from a Muslim country.

Doesn't matter how the press dress it up, mentally disturbed, political or religiously motivated, knife or guns - the background of the murderer is always the same.

he wasnt an 'asian' genius he was an african-norweigan. islam isnt an asian ideology, it came from the same place as european christianity
I don't see why the race of the attacker is important...
Reply 117
Hmm i dunno, maybe i should devote myself to attacking and demonising mental health now?
I don't know. Do you stil claim that all mentally ill people are violent?
Or do you now accept that simply being mentally ill does not mean that you are bound to kill people?
Original post by oShahpo
Any data to support that?

data of simply adding the attacks in europe of the past month, and looking at the ethnicity of the culprits ( being largely syrian/tunisian/iranian/morrocan. are you suggestting this is not the case?
Original post by Reformed
data of simply adding the attacks in europe of the past month, and looking at the ethnicity of the culprits ( being largely syrian/tunisian/iranian/morrocan. are you suggestting this is not the case?

Well it certainly is in France, but I don't know about the rest of Europe. Most of Al-Qaeda, and ISIS attacks are carried out by South/Mid Asians and Arabs, so I doubt we can just guess it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending