The Student Room Group

Why do girls always complent their ugly friends on pics?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
complent?
Reply 61
A small payment of £9.99 can make that happen.
Original post by Fabs113
A small payment of £9.99 can make that happen.

I'll happily send that to your home adress.. :colone:
Reply 63
Original post by loveleest
Everyone deserves confidence :frown:

Nobody deserves fake confidence tho.
Original post by loveleest
Everyone deserves confidence :frown:

Love your thinking :h:
Regressive safe space ideology makes people unable to accept criticism and feel the need to compliment anybody who might help to reinforce their own bubble of fantasy
So many girls pickup on their insecurities which their friends realise, as a result they tend to compliment them so that they focus less on their insecurities.

Spoiler

Reply 67
My guess is that they're not that shallow!
As I'm sure you're aware, different people are attracted to different things and people. They may look utterly repulsive to you, but to someone else, they may look at their best features. It may just be that they're trying to help them feel better. But that aside. Try looking at someone you find unattractive, but look for something nice about them, doesn't have to be a big thing, maybe they have interesting colour eyes, their hair style or colour, the shape of their feet. I'll leave the rest to your imagination
Reply 68
If you showed me your pic and I thought you were ugly which response would you prefer as a reply:

A. you look good babes
B. boy you uglaaay!
C. No response, you just hear crickets

???

Yes, THAT is why a girl compliments her friends. She does it even if she doesn't really think they look good. Its called being polite!
Original post by Maths (2^2) Life
You will see so many girls posting stuff like "beautiful babes" or "you look so hot bae" on their friends pics even when they look like trash. It's not that girls can't be beautiful in their own way but its becoming so cliched from girls that it loses all meaning especially when they paint their faces with thick layers of make up. That's the worst blergh :tongue:

*Yes I've notced my speellingf error in the title ._. *

😂😂😂 this is relatable. It happens all the time on Instagram. Honestly, I think it's just in their nature, and given how much body shaming girls get, I suppose it's quite beneficial?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
You will see so many girls posting stuff like "beautiful babes" or "you look so hot bae" on their friends pics even when they look like trash. It's not that girls can't be beautiful in their own way but its becoming so cliched from girls that it loses all meaning especially when they paint their faces with thick layers of make up. That's the worst blergh :tongue:

This may be hard for you to understand but beauty is subjective. What you find ugly someone else finds hot. I remember one time there was this piece of **** who I generally looked liked a dog that wasn;t scared to tell people what he thought of them. Saying they look like dirt and how ugly there are, So I thought well if you going to tell people what you think of them to their face then I am going to tell you what I think of you- so I told him how ugly he is and how much of a dog he looks like. he didn't like that one bit.

Its funny that these people that complain about the world being too pc and how its a disgrace that you not allowed to say anything without offending anyone are one of the most sensitive people about and get offended about anything negative you say about them. Their attitude is 'I should be able to say whatever I wanr to people but nobody should be allowed to say what they think of me wahhhhh'.

Because, too much truth ruin your social life. I am stupid to explore other reason at the moment.
Reply 72

*Compliment
*friend's
*clichéd
*noticed
*spelling
Reply 73
Go away, Kyx. :tongue:

That's not very nice. I was helping you, and you threw the help back in my face. Well, you can go and help yourself...

:getmecoat:

Spoiler

Lol my friends say I'm ugly even in my decent pics ._.
I'd compliment you :smile:

They're horrible :mad:

See, I wouldn't want a compliment if they didn't actually mean it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that's okay
Original post by Eternalflames
They're horrible :mad:

See, I wouldn't want a compliment if they didn't actually mean it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that's okay

Lol I don't mind tbh that's what boys are like
They would quickly labeled gay if they complimented me
Tbh they do say I look decent occasionally

Spoiler

Reply 77
tbh beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is subjective. but i know what you mean, its called being nice
Original post by mkap
tbh beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is subjective. but i know what you mean, its called being nice

lol i really doubt its called being nice, im talking about girls who spam their friends pics not genuine compliments

Quick Reply

Latest