The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pra99
It should be B

That's my feeling too. But I can also see why it could be A
Reply 1341
Original post by Tanishqa
Hey, what do you guys think is the pattern for these sets?
According to me, in Set A the number of white arrows is equal to the number of black circles. And in set B, the number of black arrows is equal to the number of white circles.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I know my answer is probably wrong but some of these wrong explanations I make end up giving me the right answer :biggrin:
One set has more white shapes and the other has more black shapes. See if my explanation gets you the correct answers.Reading your answer, not all boxes have the number of black arrows equal to white circles.
Original post by See-If-I-Care
That sounds about right.

The book says that set A has two black shapes and set B has two White shapes. Somehow my version makes more sense to me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The book says that set A has two black shapes and set B has two White shapes. Somehow my version makes more sense to me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AH right so it's a bad question then because your relationship works and so that means there are two possible relationships. Luckily they lead to the same result
Original post by UKCATrocks
AH right so it's a bad question then because your relationship works and so that means there are two possible relationships. Luckily they lead to the same result

That's the issue. While answering the questions, the two relationships lead to different answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's the issue. While answering the questions, the two relationships lead to different answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very bad question then. Where is it from?
Original post by UKCATrocks
Very bad question then. Where is it from?

The ukcat 2015 in depth guide. I've come across quite a few mistakes. Definitely won't recommend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!

I'm really struggling with AR, and often am unable to pick out the right pattern, or pick out any pattern at all. Any tips, or successful strategies?

Thank you! :smile:
What is the best question bank which is closest to the real test (Question wise)?
Is it really worth the money the medify course to prepare for UKCAT? And if it is how long should I do it for?
Original post by Roman hang Limbu
Is it really worth the money the medify course to prepare for UKCAT? And if it is how long should I do it for?

Only thing that really helped me tbh, I'd recommend it. A couple of months maximum should suffice.
Original post by MJK91
Only thing that really helped me tbh, I'd recommend it. A couple of months maximum should suffice.

Thanks. But when you said "couple of months" how many months did you actually use the online course? I can't really afford a very long term one.
Thanks. But when you said "couple of months" how many months did you actually use the online course? I can't really afford a very long term one.

Two months should be plenty, even a month will do wonders. You could hammer out the majority of content in a month if you did enough hours :smile:
Original post by MJK91
Two months should be plenty, even a month will do wonders. You could hammer out the majority of content in a month if you did enough hours :smile:

I feel like i am pestering you with questions lol but do you think "revising" for like a good hour a day for a month would be enough? I have recently finished my exams and i just feel like i should be relaxing during summer break and not stressing about UKCAT or anything really lol.
See when you UKCAT test, do you always get a white board? If so, is there time to use it because I find especially for QR I am able to do a bit better if I'm writing down my working for calculations.
When I was preparing for the UKCAT, I did about an hour or two 2 months before my actual UKCAT and ran out of material and practice questions to use about half way through. I kicked in with full mocks once I was comfortable with the format.

The only piece of useful advice I can give you is don't neglect a section because you don't like it (Like I did) and then panic about it on the day. :P

An hour at least per day for a month or so should help, as long as that suits your learning pace, and yeah also relax. :smile:
Hello Earthlings....!...

Did my UKCAT and got following score

VR 600
QR 830
AR 720 :/
SJ Band 2 :/

But yeh thats the score in terms of questions main thing to remember is that they have a question bank so its basically a luck game coz if you end up youll get a sh*t score but if youre lucky and have prepared well you can end up with a relative better score.....questions regarding the test will be answered :tongue:
Reply 1357
I feel like i am pestering you with questions lol but do you think "revising" for like a good hour a day for a month would be enough? I have recently finished my exams and i just feel like i should be relaxing during summer break and not stressing about UKCAT or anything really lol.

Depends on the person, Personally I spent like 2 weeks intensively revising (including medify- managed to get through the 600Q book- which is now known as the 1000Q book, and all the questions on medify).

People do say you reach a bottle neck with ukcat prep though, but if you spread it out, use this time to understand the different exam techniques, and then closer to the exam i'd reccommend doing as many question as possible (which I HIGHLY reccommend medify)
I used it and found it very useful. I bought 2 weeks and that was plenty of time.

There's a UKCAT 2017 thread if you have any more questions here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3685663

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually that's what I noticed too. Everything's a distractor apart from the colours. Over complication is quite an issue with AR. But yes, if there are two valid and different relationships for a pattern then the person hasn't written them correctly.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending