The Student Room Group

18 year old at Eton College. Anything to ask?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by neal95
Are you a regular at the McDonald's in Windsor XD?

I do cross the bridge to Windsor a lot, and yes I do like a good old McDonalds sometimes!
What's the limit nowadays in Tap ?
Reply 42
Original post by mercuryman
How much is the fee?

Most boys are on some sort of scholarship, so do not pay the full fee but the full fee is just over £12,000 per term.
Reply 43
Original post by Minionmum
What's the limit nowadays in Tap ?

Lets just say, not a lot! Officially it's a 2 pint limit. But whether that's enforced changes from time to time.
Do you feel you could have attained the same academic results at a state school?
Original post by HarryD97
Sorry, I should of been more clear, all universities I mentioned I applied for internally. A sort of mock selection is the best way to explain it. And with the help of my beaks, I narrowed it down. All those universities were my original options, but there are only two on my official UCAS form- Oxford and UoB

Goes to Eton but doesn't realise it is 'should have' and not 'should of'
Reply 46
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
...sounds like he let an Eton secret out. :tongue:

Original post by Serine Soul
So that's how they all get to Oxbridge? Huh. One rule for them, another for us commoners.

:tongue:

No you cannot. However there are special circumstances, which are personal so I won't reveal.

They all play the organ at Eton... :wink:
You see a gang of walking class lads wearing addidas walking towards your direction.

What you do?
Reply 48
Original post by ronnydandam

omg Im dead at this haha:tongue:
Reply 49
Original post by hellomynameisr
How did you do in your GCSEs and what are you predictions (a rough guess) going to be for A2

GCSE: 14 A*-B
A2 Pred:
Economics A*
Politics A*
Ancient History A
Theology A*
I'm a 18 year old at Eton College. If you have any questions, post them below and I will try and answer them the best I can!

What is the poshest name of someone in your year?
Reply 51
GCSE: 14 A*-B
A2 Pred:
Economics A*
Politics A*
Ancient History A
Theology A*

Why only 4? :tongue:
Reply 52
Original post by ronnydandam

Exactly why I didn't choose to study English. I realised that soon after I posted, trying to answer as many questions as fast as possible. But no excuses, sorry about that.
Reply 53
Original post by SuperHuman98
You see a gang of walking class lads wearing addidas walking towards your direction.

What you do?

Luckily that hasn't happened, but if it did:

Run!
Reply 54
Original post by TelAviv
Do you feel you could have attained the same academic results at a state school?

I couldn't answer that, as I haven't experienced state education to make a comparison. Maybe, maybe not.
Do you know anyone at Harrow ?
Reply 56
Original post by fefssdf
Do you know anyone at Harrow ?

No I don't.
Does much bullying, especially of younger/newer students take place?
Sorry, I should of been more clear, all universities I mentioned I applied for internally. A sort of mock selection is the best way to explain it. And with the help of my beaks, I narrowed it down. All those universities were my original options, but there are only two on my official UCAS form- Oxford and UoB

You applied internally?

Ahh elitism at it's finest!
What career are you hoping to go in to? Also, what does your father do?

Quick Reply

Latest