The Student Room Group

Maths year 11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by RDKGames
The blue angles are the interior angles of the two pentagons. You can find the red angles because it's a parallelogram where opposite angles are equal, and all of these add up to 360. Black angle + red angle should make up the interior angle of the regular pentagon, thus allowing you to find angle AEH.

Pentagons.PNG

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did you mark blue angles 180? Wouldn't make sense for two angles to add up to 360 with a quadtrilateral. Blue angles are the interior angles of the pentagon's if you can see it.
Reply 562
Why did you mark blue angles 180? Wouldn't make sense for two angles to add up to 360 with a quadtrilateral. Blue angles are the interior angles of the pentagon's if you can see it.

Is it 90?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those two angles can't be 180 - 180 degrees is a straight line and also all four angles within the quadrilateral must add up to 360 degrees therefore it's impossible to have two angles at 180 degrees.
Reply 565
No...

Pentagons.PNG

Omg yes I got 108

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct, now you can find the black angle which is the one you need.
Reply 568
Correct, now you can find the black angle which is the one you need.

I got 108

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's the interior angle of the pentagon, the red and the black angles make up one interior angle and you know the red angle, so you can take one away from the other and get your black angle.
Reply 570
Yeah that's the interior angle of the pentagon, the red and the black angles make up one interior angle and you know the red angle, so you can take one away from the other and get your black angle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 572
Yep. :smile:

Thank youuu so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 573

Is this 28*14

Find the area of the semi circles and subtract them from the original answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 574

Is this 28*14

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Is this 28*14

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the correct method but trapezium's area is not quite right. Recall your trapezium area to be 12(a+b)h\frac{1}{2}(a+b)\cdot h
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 576
That's the correct method but trapezium's area is not quite right. Recall your trapezium area to be 12(a+b)h\frac{1}{2}(a+b)\cdot h

OH YESS :smile:)
I GOT THE HANG OF THIS YAAY

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
OH YESS :smile:)
I GOT THE HANG OF THIS YAAY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also I'd like to just say that if you're a visual learner, and colours help you identify different important things in a question such as that double pentagon one there, then I'd suggest you use them in the future. I believe you can also use them in the exam but ask your teacher just to be sure. :smile:
Reply 578
Also I'd like to just say that if you're a visual learner, and colours help you identify different important things in a question such as that double pentagon one there, then I'd suggest you use them in the future. I believe you can also use them in the exam but ask your teacher just to be sure. :smile:

Thank youu:smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct.

Quick Reply

Latest